Patch 1.0.1 Bug List, Post em here !!!

bumfire

I am starting this thread so that everyone who has installed the English patch and noticed thing's that were previously working, but now no longer work after the patch is Installed, or just plain old bugs/glitches that people observe with version 1.0.1, so that they can post them here to keep things all in one place hopefully.

It's just to give ED a single location where bugs retaining to the patch can be viewed in a single place, thus giving them a much better idea of what all is, and isnt working as it should.

Only list your problem if you are sure its a patch problem, i.e you have uninstalled DCS completely, plus any mods that one may have installed and then reinstalled the game "STOCK" and then patched from there and still suffer from the same problems whilst the game is still STOCK with no mods or tweaks of any kind.

I will start it off,

Fresh DCS Install+Patch with no mods and the music/radio is messed up. It won't randomise playback like it did before and making radio stations isnt working properly as other people have found out.

Also ABRIS is alot slower and possibly using more resources than previously ? as their is a decent FPS hit when the ABRIS is in map mode and when turning on map mode for the first time the map can take a while to load up which was'nt like that in version 1.0

Thats my bugs that I have come across so far, if anyone has found some more please list them so that everyone can see what they are and more importantly so that ED can see what they are and confirm them as bugs or just a conflict/problem on someones pc.

Cheers

Edited by bumfire

I confirm the same.

Unable to edit the music folder to other different than the stock one, unable to create more radio stations, and an error about the height showed in game and in beacons.lua ( 21 meters )

The FPS loss in the ABRIS map mode is also noticiable but in my rig is not very important. It´s true, the map loads slower but the hit in FPS while flying is not very much.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I know this one is left over from v100, but the external engine sound, while first spawning in the cockpit remains. Though, in 101, I believe now that the loud external sound returns, especially when a wingman enters formation (I hear him very loudly). I usually have to F2 "out," then F1 "in" when he enters formation to return normal "internal" engine sounds.

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've also experienced the slower ABRIS, but never noticed any FPS-drops connected to that.

+1

First I though ABRIS map load lag is made knowingly 'cuz it works on old 486DX4 CPU but then I went ALT+TAB, thing happened again and I realised it might be a bug. However, I haven't noticed any FPS drop.

+1

First I though ABRIS map load lag is made knowingly 'cuz it works on old 486DX4 CPU but then I went ALT+TAB, thing happened again and I realised it might be a bug. However, I haven't noticed any FPS drop.

Just FYI all of you: There's a discintion between "ABRIS updates more slowly" and "ABRIS NAV mode affects my FPS".

ABRIS and FPS loss

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Re-installed BS and applied patch 1.01 + 1.01a. Now my kills are not logged in my pilots log. Only missions and successrate are logged. Death i don't know about since i haven't died yet.

Game is started as admin in Vista and i'm flying as a russian pilot.

Heres my logbook:

logbook = 
{
   players = 
   {
       [1] = 
       {
           invulnerable = true,
           awards = 
           {
               [0] = 
               {
               }, -- end of [0]
           }, -- end of awards
           picture = "",
           squadron = "440 OVP",
           password = "d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e",
           callsign = "Raven",
           name = "Jan I. Ravn",
           countryId = 0,
           lastGame = 1,
           statistics = 
           {
               agKills = 0,
               killRatio = "0/0",
               missionsCount = 2,
               ejections = 0,
               totalScore = 0,
               flightHours = 7306.0599999996,
               daytime = 7306.0599999996,
               commissioned = "08/19/09",
               campaignsCount = 0,
               static = 0,
               faaKills = 0,
               landings = 3,
               fagKills = 0,
               nighttime = 0,
               aaKills = 0,
               naval = 0,
               deaths = 0,
           }, -- end of statistics
           games = 
           {
               [1] = 
               {
                   created = "08/19/09 06:21:48",
                   player = "Jan I. Ravn",
                   campaign = "./../Missions/Campaigns/Deployment_eng.cmp",
                   status = "Active",
                   history = 
                   {
                       [1] = 
                       {
                           datetime = "08/19/09 07:12:57",
                           agKills = 0,
                           aaKills = 0,
                           stage = 1,
                           deathsCount = 0,
                           result = 100,
                           mission = "Deployment01_eng.miz",
                       }, -- end of [1]
                       [2] = 
                       {
                           datetime = "08/19/09 08:08:02",
                           agKills = 0,
                           aaKills = 0,
                           result = 100,
                           deathsCount = 0,
                           stage = 2,
                           mission = "Deployment02_eng.miz",
                       }, -- end of [2]
                       [4] = 
                       {
                           stage = 4,
                           mission = "Deployment04_eng.miz",
                       }, -- end of [4]
                       [3] = 
                       {
                           datetime = "08/19/09 13:23:46",
                           agKills = 0,
                           result = 100,
                           aaKills = 0,
                           deathsCount = 0,
                           stage = 3,
                           mission = "Deployment03_eng.miz",
                       }, -- end of [3]
                   }, -- end of history
               }, -- end of [1]
           }, -- end of games
           rank = "Second lieutenant",
       }, -- end of [1]
   }, -- end of players
   currentPlayerName = "Jan I. Ravn",
} -- end of logbook

Edited by Ragtag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

trimmer does not function at all

and keyboard being a joystick

You probably have other FFB controller plugged into some USB. Go to \Ka-50\Config and open Producer.cfg with notepad. Change line:

ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;

to

ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;

You're welcome :)

Ok, campaign logs work now. Thanks :)

But singlemissions doesn't get logged?

Edited by Ragtag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

You probably have other FFB controller plugged into some USB. Go to \Ka-50\Config and open Producer.cfg with notepad. Change line:

ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;

to

ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;

You're welcome :)

That could be the solution to my problem I pushed the trim and it locked the controls so I was unable to control the helicopter. I tried holding trim and moving and pushing trim and releasing one thing that did give me back control was when I engaged auto hover and then turned it off again.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Ok, campaign logs work now. Thanks :)

But singlemissions doesn't get logged?

Single missions ARE logged, checked.

That could be the solution to my problem I pushed the trim and it locked the controls so I was unable to control the helicopter. I tried holding trim and moving and pushing trim and releasing one thing that did give me back control was when I engaged auto hover and then turned it off again.

Really... You're most probably using new trimmer method (on by default), which blocks controls until you return all control axes in zero position. If it's too hard to use for you - use old trimmer.

WBR, =FV=BlackDragon.

logo3435.gif[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really... You're most probably using new trimmer method (on by default), which blocks controls until you return all control axes in zero position. If it's too hard to use for you - use old trimmer.

See this Post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=737086&postcount=21

:pilotfly:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I know this one is left over from v100, but the external engine sound, while first spawning in the cockpit remains. Though, in 101, I believe now that the loud external sound returns, especially when a wingman enters formation (I hear him very loudly). I usually have to F2 "out," then F1 "in" when he enters formation to return normal "internal" engine sounds.

you have a creative 5.1 sound card?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

2) When i trim the cyclic, the cyclic will lock into that position and i can not move it. The only way for me to undo this is to centre trim with the keyboard command.

It's not a bug, it's how new trimmer system works - you must return all control devices in center after pressing trim button, until then controls are frozen. If this system uncomfortable for you - just use old one (disable new trimmer in options).

WBR, =FV=BlackDragon.

It's not a bug, it's how new trimmer system works - you must return all control devices in center after pressing trim button, until then controls are frozen. If this system uncomfortable for you - just use old one (disable new trimmer in options).

Ah ok. I thought it was a bug because it seemed as though i was centering the controls. Plus sometimes it worked fine and other times it didnt. Guess i will have to get used to the new trimmer. Yes i could use the old one but in a way i prefer the new one.

Ah ok. I thought it was a bug because it seemed as though i was centering the controls. Plus sometimes it worked fine and other times it didnt. Guess i will have to get used to the new trimmer. Yes i could use the old one but in a way i prefer the new one.

This can be caused by some noise from one your control devices. Please notice, that you must return to center not only cyclic, but pedals too! Also I can suggest you to check which axis was not returned to center using control indicator and tweak it's deadzone or tune up parameters in Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\FMOptions.lua All info contained in 1.0.1 readme file.

WBR, =FV=BlackDragon.

Further note - I read somewhere that editing the deadzone in the lua may cause track files from other people to not play correctly. Or have I misunderstood something?

But basically, I had similar issues on my stick (Cyborg Evo Force), which is a bit rickety on the cyclic. My analysis was that even though I physically centered the stick it's actual input wasn't always completely centered, causing the trimmer to not release. Since I was happy with the old trimmer method I just used that one instead, so I haven't confirmed the problem described with editing deadzone and track files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester