Downloaded and ran ok ... BUT

or you could actaully try reading. How many times has it been re-affirmed that you can install the game as many times as you like, that you only have to re-activate only if over 40% of your hardware changes?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

3700x - 32gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 10

I know ! :(

I've got Radeon 9600 , a friend of mine recently bouth GF 6600, and he told me that LOCKON is running superbly with this GF6600, my DVD-ROM is 3 years old , , just changed the PSU , because the old one broke, just Play and Pray , that's what we have left ! :D

FulcrumBG.gif

or you could actaully try reading. How many times has it been re-affirmed that you can install the game as many times as you like, that you only have to re-activate only if over 40% of your hardware changes?

Funny guy ... if I couldn't read how could I read you oh so helpful reply?

..has anyone mention the procedure for reactivation?

Not that I know of, and I'm interested in that as well.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

DayGlow, your stupid and unadequate advice, cost me 1 activation !

Activation Key has been received successfully.

Your Activation Key is valid within a period 07 Април 2005 г. - 17 Април 2005 г..

Activations left: 3

Even if you reinstall, it is the same thing , so if you try to play with the settings, try any tunning or whatever , and something goes wrong -that's it ! Need to reinstall/reactivate again !

Sooooooo.............disapointed !

FulcrumBG.gif

Just what I was afraid of even more disapointing is the 40% hardware change that if you lock-up and have to clear your cmos and overclock your processor you are going to run out of activations pretty quickly. Upgrade your video card, add some ram, how about adding a dvd burner? Bah!! "Lockon modern hardware combat" Flamming credit cards lol.

I'm just joking but some of these things are truly uncalled for for trying to play a game.

How does o/c change your cpu id? Or clearing your cmos? I've o/c many a machine under windows xp, crashed them, had to reinstall multiple times without a hitch.

DayGlow, your stupid and unadequate advice, cost me 1 activation !

Activation Key has been received successfully.

Your Activation Key is valid within a period 07 Април 2005 г. - 17 Април 2005 г..

Activations left: 3

Even if you reinstall, it is the same thing , so if you try to play with the settings, try any tunning or whatever , and something goes wrong -that's it ! Need to reinstall/reactivate again !

Sooooooo.............disapointed !

That goes against everything being posted on the forum by ED and StarForce. I'd contact their tech support to figure out what is going on.

Downloaded ok, installed ok, ran ok ... hurrah! ... once!

Removed demo, changed a couple of options ... now fails to load with 'C++ run time error! abnormal program termination'

HELP ED!

James

This error occurs because you removed the demo after having installed 1.1.

To fix this problem do the following:

Go into the Lock-on 1.1 parent folder and start up 1.1 by double clicking the lockon.bat file located there. This will update your windows registry, and afterwards you can run 1.1 via the normal shortcut :)

- JJ.

JJ

How does o/c change your cpu id? Or clearing your cmos? I've o/c many a machine under windows xp, crashed them, had to reinstall multiple times without a hitch.

How because my cpu is 333mhz fsb i overclock it to 400mhz its an amd2800+ overclocking 400fsb makes windows show it 3200+@2.4ghz. When the game freezes up many times i have to clear my cmos and load bios defaults of 100mhz fsb windows then shows it as an athlon 1.6ghz. Dont ask me how ask Bill Gates.

it still doesn't change the cpu id. You can jump your clock rate all over the place and it won't change.

Its not Dayglow’s fault that’s what ED and the SF reps led us to believe.

Ok so now there could be two issues.

1. Does over clocking your CPU count as a 40% hardware change which will use up an activation?

2. Just reinstalling 1.1 will also use up an activation?? I mean that just cant be true .. can it?

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

This error occurs because you removed the demo after having installed 1.1.

To fix this problem do the following:

Go into the Lock-on 1.1 parent folder and start up 1.1 by double clicking the lockon.bat file located there. This will update your windows registry, and afterwards you can run 1.1 via the normal shortcut :)

- JJ.

Thanks JJ, that seems to have fixed the problem.

James

• 3 weeks later...