To Force Feedback or Not...

It's hard to be objective, as I haven't played BS without it. I have MSFFB2, and it works like it should- ie, I can't relate to all the trim complaints :D

But BS isn't the only game around, you may need more buttons, or find that FFB throws off your aim with another sim etc.

I'm curious to see how new Logitech FFB hotas is going to compare with Sidewinders, hopefully we can have a new benchmark that is actually being produced.

It's dependant.I used two joystic with FF and one without FF.

Without FF it is little bit diffcult i think.With FF dependant from quality of joystick .

Saitek cyborg 3D and Microsoft SideWinder FF pro .In my personal opinion Microsoft product is most proximate to how real trim will work.Saitek during trimming when you relase trimm button is kicking .In result player can't trimm not precisely .I think this fault of spring force keepeing middle position of stick .I tried disable but without this is not working properly either.

Not a single trimming issue pre and post 1.0.1 with a non FF Logitech Extreme 3D pro.

Dito that. I loved my Extreme 3D Pro to bits. Too bad it wasn't a HOTAS ;)

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

It's hard to be objective, as I haven't played BS without it. I have MSFFB2, and it works like it should- ie, I can't relate to all the trim complaints :D

But BS isn't the only game around, you may need more buttons, or find that FFB throws off your aim with another sim etc.

I'm curious to see how new Logitech FFB hotas is going to compare with Sidewinders, hopefully we can have a new benchmark that is actually being produced.

I have an MS FFB2 as well, it works very well with the game me thinks.. I've had it for 6 yrs or something like that, it's still going strong.. I thought FF made a huge difference in IL-2, and I liked it in Lockon and BS for the realistic trimming.

Also very curious about the Logitech HOTAS, if it seams nice after some reviews I'll definetly buy it :)

I too am looking at the Logitech G940. I've been using the FFB EVO with no probs at all and works a treat with Black Shark v1.0.1 patch...but I don't have any experience with pedals.

Question: How will the trimming go using the NON FFB pedals with a FFB stick?

IE: Would you use the FFB trim setting or the NON FFB trim setting?

I seem to be a bit in the dark after reading all the "having to re-centre" things after trimming etc. with other NON FFB hotas systems.:huh:

PS: I just found a thread that shines a light (though dim) on my question >> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38688&page=4

Edited by SkidMark