Hotas "trothle" configuration out of curiousity

1; Pull

2; Because you pull up on a real collective.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I don't have a Hotas, but on my stick I pull. Because conveniently enough, the movement of the throttle on a Cyborg Evo is up. So the "push for power" of aircraft and "pull for power" of helicopters becomes one and the same movement. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Not trying to be pedantic, but you know you have a throttle (either as Port and Stbd Engines, or both engines ganged together) AND you have Collective settings in the in game options menu. Don't make the mistake of setting your HOTAS Throttle to the game options throttle, you need to set your HOTAS throttle as the in game collective. I have an X52 Pro, my throttle is set to Collective (and using the in game tuning, reverse the axis/gradient) and I have one of my rotaries set as ganged throttle (so I adjust the throttle on start up, you rarely have to touch it after that, unless you lose an engine or are high up in the mountains). If it's easier, think of pulling the collective up as pulling you away from the ground.

I push. Like Zembla, I don't think the throttle resembles a real collective sufficiently for it to bother me. My throttle also has an afterburner detent when pushed nearly full that becomes annoying when running it reversed.

If it's the X-52 throttle, I had that, too. The day I took it out (a very simple task) was a very happy day indeed.

I push my Cougar throttle, didn't like the idea of pulling it. It is horizontal, now way to feel it like a real collective, so I don't want to change they way I'm used to operate it.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

My X52pro pulls pitch as well. Ive found it very natural since the LB2 days using an MS sidewinder, I even had to mod all my RC heli remotes to pull pitch as well as i was so used to it.

I find it far more easy to revert to push for fixed wing, than to revert to pull for heli. Flying helicoptor sims is an aquired skill, that requires much practice, pushing throttle in a fixed wing is no more complex than reaching forward for my beer ;)

My X52pro pulls pitch as well. Ive found it very natural since the LB2 days using an MS sidewinder, I even had to mod all my RC heli remotes to pull pitch as well as i was so used to it.

I find it far more easy to revert to push for fixed wing, than to revert to pull for heli. Flying helicopter sims is an acquired skill, that requires much practice, pushing throttle in a fixed wing is no more complex than reaching forward for my beer ;)

Well said.

Its funny how some people stray off topic from two simple questions but i found all comments very interesting indeed. As for myself;

1 PULL

2 Because its the same as in real helicopter, that the orientations is different (horizontal versus vertical) doesn't bother me. In both cases its move the lever away and ya go down, move it towards you and go up.

(on aircraft i push to increase engine power and pull to decrease engine power)

If it's the X-52 throttle, I had that, too. The day I took it out (a very simple task) was a very happy day indeed.

you got any site for me that has an little explanation on how it works? if possible whit some pictures?

My X52 pro is like 5 weeks old and dont feel like ruining it by doing something i don't know how to do.

(is it possible to fit the detents back in to?)

***OFF TOPIC***

Kurtz, wasnt it possible to set you transmitter to a different mode to get your helis operating as you wanted to? Should not be needed whit an average Tx to modify your helo's

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I have mine setup so that it bottoms and tops out at the bumps(indents) on the X52 throttle. That way I don't have to push it over the bumps to get 0 or 100%, which can be hard to fine tune it to exactly where you want it.

scr090807111547.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I've got my X52 pro configured almost the same as Snacko. I've got the axis tuned so that I've still got a tiny bit of action beyond the two indents, just because it feels better to go past the indent when I idle or when I want max power.

On topic I pull. Started off as pushing when moving from my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro where it just felt right pushing for power. But I actually found it quite awkward pushing for power on my X52 so I decided to change it around and now I can't fly any other way =) Pull for power!

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Spit.. or swallow..?

Gargle..........

I Push/Grunt btw :joystick:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'