Bug List

S77th-GOYA

i stand by what i said your response to my post only showed me that you have no idea what you talked about ie the tws is useful on the hoj

Secondly the people that were playing in the server yesterday were all very new and i personally could care a less about your score

I would ask you to only speak on those matters that you know for certain leave the bug fixes to the developers

In other words go wave your pom poms elsewhere

the fact remains there is a lot of work to do and this add on should never have been released in its current form

***Rolls eyes***

Some people, I swear . . .

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i stand by what i said your response to my post only showed me that you have no idea what you talked about ie the tws is useful on the hoj

Secondly the people that were playing in the server yesterday were all very new and i personally could care a less about your score

I would ask you to only speak on those matters that you know for certain leave the bug fixes to the developers

In other words go wave your pom poms elsewhere

the fact remains there is a lot of work to do and this add on should never have been released in its current form

The fact remains that you don't actually know what you're talking about at /all/.

In 1.02, with burn through at 25nm or so, TWS would just go to STT on a jamming target post-burn-through. In this case, TWS is again useless. But hey, if you just want a picture, you're right, it's completely different, ain't it?

But see, there's this thing about jamming: There's no such things as 'burn-through- for fighters, and I'm pretty sure that Swingkid has convinced most of the important people about this - so you can consider your 'burn through' range being the effective range at which ECCM can defeat the jammer, for the time being.

Is there an issue with people getting missile warnings when they shouldn't? Sure.

Is TWS useless? No - but it is broken (STT on jamming target post-burn through, update speed of the designated contacts, lack of a primary target cycle function, lack of primary undesignate function, loss of track under circumstances where it shouldn't happen, etc, etc, etc)

Does 'burn through' need to be extended? No, it's fine as it is. It was put BACK there to make things more realistic, and it shouldn't exist at /all/ to be completely realistic (but since there are other factors to be accounted for in target detection and tracking than merely the power output of a jammer vs. the power of the reflections of the radar from the aircraft, the 13nm was deemed to be a reasonable compromise)

The 'burn through' range is not a bug. Other things are.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Terrain/Display bug fixed (kind of)

I found the source of the display bug. It was the seasons pack. A clean install without it showed no conflicts or texture glitches. I also got a big FPS boost, but that's beside the point. I'm not sure what in the terrain pack causes the problem, but there is definitely a conflict between that and my vid card. Something for ED to tinker with if they feel like it's important enough. In the meantime, I've got some flying to do. Thanks for the help from the forum members, and for ED staff, I love the game, hope it continues to develop.

did i not say that in my post read what people say b4 you rant and like i said you have no clue

a flippin monkey could have beta tested this better than you :)

"Why would I use TWS in a HOJ? it becomes a STT and entirely defeats the purpose of using it geez man" <---first line of post

Soulesssig.gif

did i not say that in my post read what people say b4 you rant and like i said you have no clue

a flippin monkey could have beta tested this better than you :)

"Why would I use TWS in a HOJ? it becomes a STT and entirely defeats the purpose of using it geez man" <---first line of post

Right, did you miss the part where I said it's a known issue and some of us are pushing to get it addressed? Maybe you should read people's posts yourself before accusing other people on not doing so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This thread is enormous and I don't have the time to go through it all to see if this obvious one has already been mentioned... so here it is again in case you already know. :D

The HSI in the Su-25T will often not match the bearing ticker on the HUD by as much as 180 degrees. The HUD bearing appears to be the correct one.

Su-25T_HSI_Bug.thumb.jpg.2c5bd45e83e9e293d3a883852839c528.jpg

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Here's another that may or may not have been mentioned...

In the Russian birds, TWS will automatically transition back to BVR when a jammer strobe appears on the HUD. There is no need to try to lock or bug the strobe, all you need is a jammer appearing within your radar's field of view and you're kicked out of TWS.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

Here's another...

The EOS sensor, which now seems impossibly slow to slew up and down (I've no idea if that part was intentional or not) automatically levels itself when you change its azimuth. In other words, if you're looking high and to the front, and then switch your azimuth to the left, you are instantly looking level and to the left.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

Ahh..I never noticed ... azimuth reduction was rather useless before 1.1, now it works liek a charm = scan paster, sensibly pannable, etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya that was one of the first features I noticed in 1.1... no more of that silly background azimuth panning, the azimuth limit circle indicators at the bottom now correctly pan right and left instead.

Though I still think the elevation limit circle indicators on the left side of the F-15's radar are modeled incorrectly. I think they should represent your relative radar altitude elevation limits, right now they represent your absolute radar altitude elevation limits and climb up the side of the radar as you gain altitude, which is completely redundant since that information is already given by the altitude number in thousands of feet displayed next to them. If they represented your relative limits, much like the azimuth limit circles now do (and used the whole left side of the radar instead of just the top half), it would give you a much quicker understanding of your radar's elevation gimbal limits, and to what degree up or down you radar is currently looking. That's how they worked in all the Jane's sims... the circles' relative elevation position in combination with the absolute altitude displayed gives you more information on where your radar is looking with respect to yourself.

Not a major issue by any stretch, but if it turns out to be an easy one to fix, then why not? :D

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

autopilot bug still isnt fixed

after using autopilot, when I turn it off the plane has a maniac tendency to climb or roll or dive or all of the above.I have to use full joystick input just to stay level.

I cant fly the plane like this. all versions from v1 had this bug for me too. this sucks. anyone know a workaround?

thanks for the declasify advice. that fixed it :)

after using autopilot, when I turn it off the plane has a maniac tendency to climb or roll or dive or all of the above.I have to use full joystick input just to stay level.

I cant fly the plane like this. all versions from v1 had this bug for me too. this sucks. anyone know a workaround?

thanks for the declasify advice. that fixed it :)

Press ctrl-T

• ED Team

... or trim manually on Su-25/Su-25T.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Noted 2 items last evening-

Got hit by an R77- there was never a lock warning of any type. Even if it was "free- fired" in my general direction- should I have received a tone when it's seeker went active?

Checking EOS, I locked a friendly- he received a lock tone. After a couple of attempts, he finally did not get a tone. Keeping the lock, I switched to radar- tone w/friendly IFF symbology. Good, but it should not take multiple attempts for it to work correctly.

Switched back to EOS, tone remained. Not good.

So what am I missing here? I didn't note any key mapping changes.

It looked to me like it did not want to switch back to "plain" EOS from active radar. An "A" remained on the HUD when I switched to thermal. If I shut it all off then toggled thermal- it worked.

Goya, when this happens try to go to an ACQ mode (VS or BORE) then flip back to BVR. I jsut expeirenced this problem today on your server and this procedure cured it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've found my first bug. I aint & we the 169th aint considered as testers. We are the consumer at the end of line. Playing this sim so many hours per day. lol. I truly hope no more bugs are found. By the way plz past my word to s77th Ryke. I've played around with my video drivers and my x45 stick. SF never requested new activation.

Look at the sequence of screenshots I took, They say pics speaks louder then words.

http://169thpanthers.net/main/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ScreenShot_089%7E0.jpg

http://169thpanthers.net/main/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ScreenShot_093%7E0.jpg

http://169thpanthers.net/main/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ScreenShot_095.jpg

http://169thpanthers.net/main/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ScreenShot_096.jpg

Cheers, hope this gets resolve in the next patch. Wheres the gravity Ed? This aint normal, lol. :cool:

Goya, when this happens try to go to an ACQ mode (VS or BORE) then flip back to BVR. I jsut expeirenced this problem today on your server and this procedure cured it.

Thanks. GG. I'll give that a try. I have tried to switch to cannons mode but I don't think I tried those two.

quote ;169th-Moose said

------------------------

By the way plz past my word to s77th Ryke. I've played around with my video drivers and my x45 stick. SF never requested new activation.

---------------------------

thx for the follow up man, weird that it did ask me ... i killed the application and when i restarted it didn t ask me again... weird...

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Auto-pilot in the plane changes the trims to meet the required attitiude and altitude. Ctrl-T resets the trimmers except AFM planes Su-25, Su-25T. For those you're best to choose a auto-pilot mode that levels you out 1st. When you do that and then exit auto-pilot altogether, hitting Ctrl-T accepts the level trims.

Alt-3 Autopilot mode – transition to level flight (panic button) would seem to be the mode to use

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]