Bug List

S77th-GOYA

Noted 2 items last evening-

Got hit by an R77- there was never a lock warning of any type. Even if it was "free- fired" in my general direction- should I have received a tone when it's seeker went active?

Is it was in RWR search zone? RWR is very limited in elevation angles...

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An old bug that wasn't addressed:

radar stops scanning in the 15 and can only be fixed by exiting and restarting LOMAC. It's fairly rare, but happens enough to be a pain in the ass.

What are you doing before it happens?

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Had a problem last night, sent a message, came out of message mode, then no controls worked!! HOTAS or keyboard. Just about to give up ... sent a message to say bye and then notice controls now working ok after sending message!!!! O.D.D.

Mirror view was stuck?

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Having problems getting Alt 1 autopilot to work with a pitch of just below -20.

I can get it to work at around -10 pitch.

Manual says it's supposed to work at +-35 pitch.

My airpseed is around 500 when I try this.

I start the mission(starts in air at alt of about 2000 speed 500), I ease into a -20deg pitch, and engage autopilot Alt 1. I let go of stick and plane nose rises and plane goes into a relatively step climb, I'm assuming, because of speed pickup.

May be a manual bug :)

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Communications menu not working.

I know I mentioned this one earlier but since then I've done some testing and maybe ED can look into it.

I've reinstalled FC on a different computer and still have the same problem.

The first pc is a Intel P4 3.6Ghz, Intel 925 Motherboard, Radeon X850XT PCIE video card, running windows XP Pro SP2, 2 GIG RAM, 2 x 80G Maxtor HDD (Raid 0)

Second PC: P4 3.2 Ghz, Intel PERL865 Motherboard, Radeon 9800XT, 2GIG RAM, 2 x 80G Maxtor HDD (Raid 0)

Peripherals (for both) CH Products Pro Throttle and Fighterstick USB, Microsoft cordless keyboard and mouse, Track IR 1, CTX 19" LCD Monitor.

I can map any key to "Communication menu" and problem still exists.

If I Alt-Tab to Desktop then back the "Communication menu" will work for a short period of time maybe 2-3 minutes then it stops working again.

I hope that ED can reproduce this problem, I find it hard to believe I will be the only one having such dramas considering It's "Industry Standard" hardware and happenning on two different machines.

I've also downloaded the Addon a second time to no avail.

ragards,

Strange...

No one have such problem with comm menu before...

Have you any another input problems?

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

I think there is a general consensus speaking to people that the aim 120 is not tracking properly or tracking the wrong target.

Last night our squad was on a fighter sweep. We engaged 4 b-52's at low alt, we started the engagement at angels 20.

1 of our f-15's had a solid lock on a b-52 he fired fox 3 and the aim 120 immediately tracked a squadmate and ended up killing him.

The parameters of the missile launch were reviewed and nothing out of the ordinary was noted.

Now the radar reflection of the b-52 would be so great at the parameters we engaged the missile should not have tracked a friendly plane with a stt lock.

Can someone at ed please check this out.

I have had this happen to me as well. Solid lock STT or TWS on a enemy and the missile tracks a friendly very close by.

In both instances that I have said niether plane lost lock. The data link should guide to target in my opinion

In simple situations this is not reproducing.

I need the full description for air situastion in this moment:

Where was the target, where was the friendly and ect.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

It is a FEATURE :)

The Gyro Drift...

Having a wildly inaccurate HSI 9 times out of 10 is a FEATURE?! Let's be serious, if you're going to model something silly like that than you have to give the user the ability to manually readjust the HSI for a correct bearing. As far as I know there is absolutely no way to do that currently.

All this feature has done is effectively made the HSI useless. Any navigational instrument that is regularly off by as much as this gauge now is in the Frogfoot would certainly ground the aircraft. A realistic drift is something on par of a couple of degrees or so.

While you're at it, why not add the ability to manually adjust the course needle too?

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Hello Han,

The only other thing I noticed is tonight the ILS in the SU33 wasn't there on finals after a long strike mission. I had the approach cicles. It might have been related to me not being able to make the request for landing. (my fist carriew landing since addon)

The only other thing I noticed is tonight the ILS in the SU33 wasn't there on finals after a long strike mission. I had the approach cicles. It might have been related to me not being able to make the request for landing. (my fist carriew landing since addon)

Do you know the ILS display has been changed in 1.1?

There is no ILS bars anymore. You have two circles to follow instead. See page 23 of the new manual.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

I noted the F-15 bug that stops radar from scanning.

What are you doing before it happens?

I've never actually seen it stop, so I don't know. No one there is familiar with this bug? Your sim has had this problem since the release of 1.02 at least.

It happens rarely, as I said, but it happens.

On a different note, the RWR vertical range cannot be the cause of the lack of warning given by an ARH missle. We have tested shots from the same altitude, and no warning was given.

ForceFeedback STILL causes bugs on my system with Saitek Cyborg Force stick. The aircraft nose CONSTANTLY pitches down regardless of altitude/speed, and trim DOES NOT work. Turning off force feedbeck in the config file fixes this. There was NO such issue in ver 1.0.

The game STILL crashes to desktop with an exception in the msvcrt.dll file at indeterminate times throughout the game. This can be fixed by including a duplicate of the file lockon.exe named "lockon.exe.local" in the games root directory. I had NO such problem with ver 1.0.

In real life th ECM is make a jam not only for enemy's radar but for "user" radar and RWR too. But it is realised only for AI in LockOn. While :)

So I don't have to turn off ecm when firing a missile in multiplayer, cause it won't influence my own missile/radar but computer controlled aircraft has to?

355th_XANTRIS.jpg

Remember that the missile chooses its target based on radar signature for the ARHs, not based on what you're illuminating or designating - but I consider this to be slightly wrong, ie. the datalkink/illumination should play a role in ensuring that the weapon attacks the desired target. Once the datalink is lost, however...

GGT,

That is completely bonkers! That means you have to wait for one missile to hit before firing another just incase they all go off after the same target ... the d/l should keep each missile going to its designated target ... it used to in 1.02 ... this is a MAJOR bug! Agreed if you loose the d/l the missile should carry on to its last activation point ordered.

James

Han with response to your reply about the aim 120 not tracking properly I will set the parameters for you.

The first was a b-52 at 2000 feet. We came in high at 20000. None of the b-52's were jamming neither were any of my squadron.

4 of us locked 4 seperate b-52's in STT. We had about 5 mile seperation from the lead F-15 to the trailing f-15. We nosed down fired our 120's at our selected targets. Immediatey after launch a 120 tracked a friendly plane

killing him.

The other situation is a f-15 locking on a enemy jam signal (the jammer was a SU33) from the TEWS display the enemy plane was about 15miles out. The missile was fired in HOJ and it immediately tracked a friendly f-15 low to my 8 oclock and ended up killing him. None of the f-15's had their jammers on.

May i ask are you trying to reproduce this in single player mode? I think the problem arises in multiplayer based on my experience.

I would ask any other people who fly the f-15 to add there opinions here and there experience with this similar problem.

Also in response to goyas post about the radar not scanning I have experienced this problem as well and seems to happen very infrequently but it does happen.

I tried to clear it by going to different CAC modes turning it off and on but it would not fix it. I had to restart the game to fix it.

thanks in advance

Soulesssig.gif

The game STILL crashes to desktop with an exception in the msvcrt.dll file at indeterminate times throughout the game. This can be fixed by including a duplicate of the file lockon.exe named "lockon.exe.local" in the games root directory. I had NO such problem with ver 1.0.
Thanks for bumping this issue, yamangman. I've added this to FAQ.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

So when a missile is launched from a high altitude or low altitude in respect to your aircraft, you will not hear a launch tone?

It's not at all uncommon to have even modern RWR's provide only limited spatial coverage. Most provide a 360° field of view in azimuth (toroidal coverage, i.e. limited in elevation) nowadays, but full spherical coverage is a very recent thing AFAIK (IIRC even the JAS39A doesn't have it, the -C might). This is modelled in LOMAC since v1.02.

• Like 1