Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT IS RELEASED!!!

I am installing it now from work via remote desktop on my home PC :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I've always thought it would be really cool to see some of this in Lockon:

[YOUTUBE]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

[/YOUTUBE]

Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, Sapphire 5870, TM Warthog, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7

I've always thought it would be really cool to see some of this in Lockon:

[YOUTUBE]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

[/YOUTUBE]

You mean like this?

VBA_LLTM_2009_45_1280.jpg

Rhino2007VBA_sig.jpg

Pretty cool so far, once I've got all systems up though major fps hi on my system. Major, I've had to drop almost everything down to get a decent frame rate. Going to see what else I can do, I'm due for a new system, but I'm going to wait until dcs a10 comes out for that ;).

Need to play around a bit more.

Yes, I do mean like that. I honestly had no idea but it makes sense that someone has done it. So does this come with the model or can it apply to all supersonic aircraft?

Its part of our 2007 mod. Only the #5 and 6 aircraft have it, and its controlled by turning on your marker lights. Not the sexiest way to do it but it works!

We have other "vapor" too, but its of the prop variety.

ScreenShot_1025c.jpg

Rhino2007VBA_sig.jpg

I like it very much :P It took me a while to tweak and get good FPS, but when you reach 30FPS - yes it is that hard to get these... sensation of flight, I mean its flight model, especially watching how flybywire and FCS is modeled.. niiiiceeee :)

tail# 44 or 444

I am hooked! Addicted!

Flight model feels excellent. Finally fast mover is a joy to fly within FSX environment. Very enjoyable.

Cockpit and externals are grade AAA. Avionics works like it should. (level of details comparable to DCS)

It's great to feel and see yourself how fly-by-wire actually acts on the control surfaces.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

I am hooked! Addicted!

Flight model feels excellent. Finally fast mover is a joy to fly within FSX environment. Very enjoyable.

Cockpit and externals are grade AAA. Avionics works like it should. (level of details comparable to DCS)

It's great to feel and see yourself how fly-by-wire actually acts on the control surfaces.

Ok, thats good enough for me. I'm buying this asap :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

great, but you need a realy strong cpu to run THAT avionics suite. :D

Payload management

Fuel managenment

Failures: comm, ew, nav, comp, tac, electrics, hydrolics, instruments << all that advanced unlike known sims ...

Radar fidelity... >1000ms ..and and and....that pit is really sweet stuff as PC sim.

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am hooked! Addicted!

If you like it because of realism...wait until the PRO version :music_whistling: ;)

Álvaro

If you like it because of realism...wait until the PRO version :music_whistling: ;)

Álvaro

Yes, PRO will add final features of a/c software that couldn't be completed within time-frame - like automated carrier landings. However the flight model is complete. It is quite a shock really you realize by just maneuvering this beast how different it made me to think of FSX. Anyone who tried a fast moving plane before in FSX knows what I am talking about. They all behaved like in scripted arcade java game, felt like a complete nonsense. FSX built only its reputation for very complex addons where you fly a bus, with one finger in your nose (lol).

Now I see where that 5 year of development has lead VRS team. Their own internally developed flight model with actually running FCS software and all that fly-by-wire in action will totally blow your mind away.

This is bigger then when DODOSIM BELL 206 changed the face of helicopters within FSX environment.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

However the flight model is complete.

No it´s not, trust me...;)

PRO will be FAR closer to what a real life engineering simulator is. Amongst other things it will use a 100% custom Flight Dynamics Engine, different than the native MSFS one. It will be a completely new sim inside MSFS shell. Only FSX (NICE) visuals will be used... :)

Álvaro

Okay, that sounds great. However it doesn't really have anything to say here - since it is future, something to look forward to.

I am impressed by how it flies now! :o I don't know what they have done but it is great. VRS have nailed "the curse" of FSX.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

So, is this PRO version going to be a payware or an upgrade patch of the original??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

So, is this PRO version going to be a payware or an upgrade patch of the original??

Upgrade payware

Aside of a completely new and -WAY- more advanced Flight Model (Aerodynamic data-set and Flight Control Laws) it will include aditional features as is ACL and systems/avionics upgrades.

Álvaro