Poll: will your head explode having to learn both the Ka-50 and A-10 Controls?

Ramstein

139 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: will your head explode having to learn both the Ka-50 and A-10 Controls?

• Yes, Ka-Boom goes my head from too many controls to learn!
    • No, I can handle all of it, bring it on!

Once A-10 is released. I'll quickly forget about black shark. :)

I think that if a DCS SU-25/SU-25T module were released with interoperability with KA-50, it would give more flexibility when playing missions, provided you could switch between cockpits. Thus Ka-50 would not be forgotten.

Anyway, A-10 is in development, so no chances there, but it would be nice.

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Black Shark will always have a place as a SINGLE seat attack helo. Nothing like it when you just want to hop in and go. I'm not sure how well the AI would do in the (theoretical) Apache module. Also, from what I've read, a lot of people really want to shoot down A-10's with their Ka-50's and vice versa :)

Back on topic:

No, I won't have a problem with the controls. Might have to print out my HOTAS assignments to keep them clear. It'd be nice to have one of those fancy CH MFP displays for the controls that are individual to each cockpit.

I think DCS will require different settings for each addon for example the Hotas and key assignments you would require the actual buttons for each hotas so you can access the submodes realistically like whats on Falcon. Also the joy range will vary between helicopters (400) and jets (3000) so hopefully they address that when its added. It should be fun learning all the new modes since the A-10C Hotas has a F-16 stick with a F-15E throttle and some of the MFD pictures show F-16 modes like the HSD etc.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Maybe I missed something before Ka-50 was released, but why did they model switch covers as a separate key combo to switch itself? Why not use same switch combo to open cover, then flick switch, then close cover?

Would seem to free up a few combinations.

All fixed wing aircraft basically behave the same. Not saying that if you can fly a cessna you can fly a 747. Same goes for helicopters but the same physics apply no matter what u fly. All turbines basically operate the same whether its a turbofan, turbojet, or turboprop no matter what aircraft they are in. The only differences between aircraft startups are how automated the start sequence is. So once you understand how general aircraft systems and communications work, the differences between aircraft are mostly in the specialized avionics and of course the flight characteristics. So personally I dont think its a big deal going from one aircraft to another. 90% of your controls that you use all the time are on the HOTAS. If you understand the mechanics of a turbine, you can probably start one up in just about any aircraft without looking at the manual. As for the rest of the avionics, well lets just say I hope you like to read.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

• 4 months later...

Stopped playing LO:FC but play BS. Now that LO:FC 2.0 is coming out,,,

I have once again started flying LO:LFC. It appears I have forgotten how to fly the aircraft in LO:FC!

So,

I am praticing the A10, F15, SU-27, etc..etc.. It is very difficult to remember and re-learn all the commands and commands on the joystick again..

Those of us that plan on flying the aircraft again along with Black Shark, are in for a long re-learning and training process. Might as well get going to make flying easier when the new version is released.. Also, now that I am used to a clickable cockpit, it is very difficult to fly the aircraft without ithem being clickable.. all the new key/button functions..

:joystick:

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

The obvious... I would vote NO! Still from the outcome of the voting procedure I see that there was nothing to vote for in the first place.

I believe that most people will mainly fly Ka-50 or A-10 for other reasons than the fear of confusing the controls. I doubt that someone, when A-10 will be released, will dedicate the same amount of time to Ka-50 as before and that this time will be equal to the one dedicated to A-10.

I dont think so :smilewink:

:director: Gimme the APACHE too :smartass:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

I still play F4. That's about as complicated as DCS as far as all the avionics are conserned. Add that to hardcore racers. Granted that's a differnt kind of mental stress. Driving in a pack of race cars with the same or even better fidelity to DCS is kinda like dog fighting, as far as the consintration level. Only it's even faster with a much smaller window for error. I actually sweat pretty bad when racing, not so much flying. But I can bounce back and forth from these and to my more standard games with out my head exploding..... so far....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that I think about it, DCS is like a racing sim in the way you need to stay on top of the movement at all times. One laps in thought while racing a Radical will leave you bouncing off course in a hurry. One laps in the BS and you could end up in a pretty hairy situation in the sky. But flight sims for the most part are a little more forgiving than equally hardcore racing sims. I'm not sure how many here do the racing thing as well, so my thoughts may seem strange to most. lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that I think about it, DCS is like a racing sim in the way you need to stay on top of the movement at all times. One laps in thought while racing a Radical will leave you bouncing off course in a hurry. One laps in the BS and you could end up in a pretty hairy situation in the sky. But flight sims for the most part are a little more forgiving than equally hardcore racing sims. I'm not sure how many here do the racing thing as well, so my thoughts may seem strange to most. lol

I would have been driving racing sims but, strange as it seems, I am in such bad physical shape I cannot deal with holding a steering wheel lap after lap, trying to stay on course.. it is much easier to fly, much less physically demanding..

yes I know most of you are going to say there is no physical activity..

believe me.... there are parts of your body that get a really hard workout from doing different simulators.. you just don't realize it if you are healthy..

my poll is basically the idea of the workout your brain cells wil get with al the different profiles you will need to use and store in your brain for all the different aircraft, and since helos use totally different commands than aircraft,, and each aicraft uses a different profile..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I would have been driving racing sims but, strange as it seems, I am in such bad physical shape I cannot deal with holding a steering wheel lap after lap, trying to stay on course.. it is much easier to fly, much less physically demanding..

yes I know most of you are going to say there is no physical activity..

believe me.... there are parts of your body that get a really hard workout from doing different simulators.. you just don't realize it if you are healthy..

my poll is basically the idea of the workout your brain cells wil get with al the different profiles you will need to use and store in your brain for all the different aircraft, and since helos use totally different commands than aircraft,, and each aicraft uses a different profile..

Yeah, my left leg cramps when racing on my cpmuter. I hover over the brake all the time. In my real car my feet dance more since I'm use the clutch. In a front drive car you have to change from heal-toe to left foot braking and back again. Since you move around more you don't cramp. I'm to cheap to spend $300-500 on a good wheel with clutch and stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse me, how to vote? =) Do i miss something or there is no poll anymore?

Edit: now I see it's already closed :(

Edited by funkee

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

• 2 weeks later...