FC is incomplete ?? Says Who?

Guest ruggbutt

We really ought to just ignore them and encourage them to go hang out with their own kind over at Bard's forums.

You didn't know!? Those 3 people that go there, they are all Bard! And Bard is in fact, not Bard at all. It's .... It's... She's a Ma Mmm Mummm Mower!

Oi! Anyone who posted a pic of (I think it's supposed to be sexy-not sure) digital woman in his sig, man...need help! Lots and lots of it. They sell Falcon 4 patch over at that Frugal place! That's sad!

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Guest ruggbutt

SF is definitely the major issue w/1.1. I've played the hell out of FC and there aren't any big issues. I (as well as the rest of you I'm sure) probably have suggestions on what you' d like to change, but it's a fantastic work of art. This is what sims used to be like. Even some of my old faves had issues, but no worse than what ED has given us w/FC.

I knew they could do it, and I'm absolutely thrilled that it runs even better than 1.02 did. If we can get this StarForce issue laid to rest then I think that ED can move on to important stuff like some of the bugs that have popped up. Not major bugs though, but stuff that shouldn't be there. See the bug thread for details.

• 7 months later...
Guest ruggbutt

LOL, your first post here is to comment on a sim you care nothing about and one you can't steal.

If any of you want to know why we have to deal with any kind of copy protection, one only need read from the 8th post in this thread. Be advised that CoD had a public demo released.

Mower, I had no idea that pirates cared about being cheap shotted. I think you're just pissed off cuz you couldn't d/l Flaming Cliffs.

Guest ruggbutt
Rugg, are you willing to shed some light as to why this individual is so opposed to LO-MAC?

F4 fanboi. Some confused people think that it's an either/or situation. You either like LOMAC or F4. I have both of them plus the whole IL2 series installed. LOMAC was admitted buggy at the beginning, and alot of the old school F4 people from Frugal's decided that they would make it a target for their anger and frustration. They completely ignore that F4 was even in worse shape at release. Then there's the whole more buttons to push thing. It's "higher fidelity" yada yada. I have no idea why they can't just fly the damn things (sims) and enjoy them. Additionally, Stormin' gave Mower a free copy of LOMAC as a trade for him doing a review. Mower spent 6 months talking smack about LOMAC on public boards and only came out with the review when Stormin' fronted him out on the same public boards about making good on their deal. Stormin' tends to be less than diplomatic so I'm sure there's some transferrance occurring there too. To credit Mower, the review was mostly accurate.

Anyhow, he's been showing up on UBI whenever F4 is mentioned on the LOMAC boards over there. Then someone found the post and screenshot it in the link in my previous post. That's the short story. I'm sure he'll show up here to tell me that I'm wrong, that I kick my dog and that I beat my wife. :D

Naw. The real story is that DayGlow saw a chance to ban me because I am disruptive there, within the rules of course so he had to leave me be. I never posted links or openly assisted nor offered to assist in file sharing etc, so his reason for banning ("admitted software pirate via post on the Ubi forums. No room for you here") was bogus.

I'm sure DayGlow will be along shortly after someone here tells him.

Ok son, I have a question for you. Have you joined this community to bask in the wealth of knowledge Lock-On Ground-Pounders, BVR Jocks, and Scrappers enjoy sharing or to engage in negativity toward Lock-On?

Let us review certain facts. Fact is, the Falcon 4.0 product in its' present release as Allied Force, boils down to a series of illegal modifications of stolen source code that was the intellectual property rights and owned by the legal purchaser, Hasbro Interactive who purchased Spectrum Holobyte.

Hasbro Interactive chose not to prosecute, to my knowledge, the felons who violated intellectual property rights termed "leaked source code" in an attempt to mask the commision of a crime. Oddly, when Hasbro washed their hands of this entire debacle called the buggy-as-hell Falcon 4 w/ 1.02 patch, their new licensee justified this crime by gathering all developers contributions into a SuperPak to be installed over Falcon 4.0 + 1.02 patch.

This was then further persued with Falcon 4: Allied Force that equates to purchasing the copyright owned by Atai of the many modifications out there. Fact is Falcon 4 is nothing more than a single flyable compilation of numerous changes. Falcon 4.0 + represents a team of developers far numerous than ED could ever put together working for free to enhance the simulation.

Lemme clarify that. Flacon 4 had a huge contribution toward developing it past 1.02, a huge contribution. I would not be surprised if not only the original development team that stole the code contributed, but also a large number of others, larger in-fact then the present dev team at ED and you think F4 is the way it is because it is somehow better?

Now facts about Lock-On. Lock-On is Locked down. Intellectual property, copyright, and licensing belongs to Eagle Dynamics, yes that little team from Russia that brought the first Russian Su-27 to market bearing their classic "Indian Chief" logo, Fighter Collection, and the same small team bringing out Lock-On.

Thus, I conclude please do not come to these boards thinking you will tout the joys of F4 over Lock-On cause it won't wash here, son. That product called Falcon 4, though I have much appreciation for it and do own Falcon 4: Allied Force, has a very sorted history and I can guarantee you if that little Russian company called Eagle Dynamics went open soaurce, you better watch out, all bets are off.

Ok son, I have a question for you. Have you joined this community to bask in the wealth of knowledge Lock-On Ground-Pounders, BVR Jocks, and Scrappers enjoy sharing or to engage in negativity toward Lock-On?

Let us review certain facts. Fact is, the Falcon 4.0 product in its' present release as Allied Force, boils down to a series of illegal modifications of stolen source code that was the intellectual property rights and owned by the legal purchaser, Hasbro Interactive who purchased Spectrum Holobyte.

Hasbro Interactive chose not to prosecute, to my knowledge, the felons who violated intellectual property rights termed "leaked source code" in an attempt to mask the commision of a crime. Oddly, when Hasbro washed their hands of this entire debacle called the buggy-as-hell Falcon 4 w/ 1.02 patch, their new licensee justified this crime by gathering all developers contributions into a SuperPak to be installed over Falcon 4.0 + 1.02 patch.

This was then further persued with Falcon 4: Allied Force that equates to purchasing the copyright owned by Atai of the many modifications out there. Fact is Falcon 4 is nothing more than a single flyable compilation of numerous changes. Falcon 4.0 + represents a team of developers far numerous than ED could ever put together working for free to enhance the simulation.

Lemme clarify that. Flacon 4 had a huge contribution toward developing it past 1.02, a huge contribution. I would not be surprised if not only the original development team that stole the code contributed, but also a large number of others, larger in-fact then the present dev team at ED and you think F4 is the way it is because it is somehow better?

Now facts about Lock-On. Lock-On is Locked down. Intellectual property, copyright, and licensing belongs to Eagle Dynamics, yes that little team from Russia that brought the first Russian Su-27 to market bearing their classic "Indian Chief" logo, Fighter Collection, and the same small team bringing out Lock-On.

Thus, I conclude please do not come to these boards thinking you will tout the joys of F4 over Lock-On cause it won't wash here, son. That product called Falcon 4, though I have much appreciation for it and do own Falcon 4: Allied Force, has a very sorted history and I can guarantee you if that little Russian company called Eagle Dynamics went open soaurce, you better watch out, all bets are off.

Very nicely said Manny.

Originally Posted by ruggbutt

The best part about this is that Bard, Mower, Growler and the rest of the LOMAC hatebois can only harp on about Starforce regarding 1.1. Now Bard is posting lies about ED responding to his email saying that he would have to buy a new activation key after his 5 were used up. All evidence points to the contrary though. These small minded morons may convince a few of their leg humping buddies to not purchase the sim, but there's always a few that cannot think for themselves.

At least ED applied protection to their investment ... not much can be said about "disgruntled" employees at Hasbro who manage to "leak" a teensy weensy amount of code out in the "hopes" development will continue.

Why not simply purchase the right to further development, start your own company, and continue "development"? Why choose the illegal way to advance a sim.

If anything, way to go ED, you are ethically modifying and developing your own code and releasing it so I can fly your MiG-29 icon10.gif

Anyway, I agree with Goya .. I find myself agreeing with Goya lately, is that a good thing? Well anyway, Goya is good peeps and nothign is served by this thread except for me to defend Lock-On and bash F4 about how it is a piece of illegal crap .. lol kidding.

F4 is a good sim but certainly comparing Lock-On and F4 is comparing two trees producing different fruit. F4 came from the tree that focused on 1 plane, F4, so obviously more detail is in sim.

Lock-On came from a tree producing 7 and soon 8 aircraft, so naturally less detail but still packed with sufficient vities and nutrients to enjoy it.

There is no comparison!

Anyway, I agree with Goya .. I find myself agreeing with Goya lately, is that a good thing?

I'm sure I'll give you something to disagree with before long. In the meantime, if you'd like to begin constuction of a statue in my honor, feel free. Singing songs of praise is OK too. Cash contibutions will be accepted. I draw the line at worship, however. Anyone caught kneeling at my statue mumbling prayer will be pimpslapped. Thank you. :D

The best part about this is that Bard, Mower, Growler and the rest of the LOMAC hatebois can only harp on about Starforce regarding 1.1. Now Bard is posting lies about ED responding to his email saying that he would have to buy a new activation key after his 5 were used up.

hey, have you apologized to Bard for saying he was lying about the 5 activation thing?

All evidence points to the contrary though.

Here's a statement for you to ponder. All the evidence points to Ruggbutt being a homosexual. You see the problem? I've made a statement claiming that there is evidence that you're gay when I don't have ANY though I would consider interior decorating a 'gayish' line of work.

Either way, the hatebois can't fault the sim at all.

I do see hate in this community, and it's the kind that reminds me of spurned homosexual lovers. It's BITCHY. Is that what happened between you and Bard? he spurned your love? What's the word I am looking for. Obsessed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruggbutt

The best part about this is that Bard, Mower, Growler and the rest of the LOMAC hatebois can only harp on about Starforce regarding 1.1. Now Bard is posting lies about ED responding to his email saying that he would have to buy a new activation key after his 5 were used up.

hey, have you apologized to Bard for saying he was lying about the 5 activation thing?

Quote:

All evidence points to the contrary though.

Here's a statement for you to ponder. All the evidence points to Ruggbutt being a homosexual. You see the problem? I've made a statement claiming that there is evidence that you're gay when I don't have ANY though I would consider interior decorating a 'gayish' line of work.

Quote:

Either way, the hatebois can't fault the sim at all.

I do see hate in this community, and it's the kind that reminds me of spurned homosexual lovers. It's BITCHY. Is that what happened between you and Bard? he spurned your love? What's the word I am looking for. Obsessed.

I have a feeling that this discussion is about to heat up soon...

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Final warning..

I have said countless times that we wont tolerate personal bickering and mud slinging on this forum and this is the last time I am going to say it.

Next time around I will ban who ever is involved without further warning.

Thread closed.

- JJ.

JJ