I am just impressed...

Ebodee

The other day I was zipping along approaching a FARP, trimmed for level flight. I extended the gear and, as it extended, noticed the helo's nose dip from the increased drag under the belly. Very impressive.

If the drag of the nose wheel bothers you, do what I did. (See attached image) :D

ScreenShot_108.thumb.jpg.7318da19acf5b71bb2e757ea1c417cf7.jpg

If you have not noticed this yet, get a nice zoomed-in external view of your helicopter from about 4 o'clock as you fire the cannon. Watch it shift from the recoil and then watch the autopilot bring it back into hovering position. :yes:

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

If the drag of the nose wheel bothers you, do what I did. (See attached image) :D

LOL. Just look at my sig. We're birds of a (rather unsightly) feather. :)

If you have not noticed this yet, get a nice zoomed-in external view of your helicopter from about 4 o'clock as you fire the cannon. Watch it shift from the recoil and then watch the autopilot bring it back into hovering position

I always take that into account when using the cannon at near its maximum range. I'll normally do three or four round bursts with time in between to allow the heli and cannon to realign themselves.

I've noticed a Vikhr launch gives a little recoil as well, though I can't recall if the rockets do that too.

Edited by wickedpenguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The other day I was zipping along approaching a FARP, trimmed for level flight. I extended the gear and, as it extended, noticed the helo's nose dip from the increased drag under the belly. Very impressive.

Also the differing momentum due to more of the front landing gear being farther from the CG, and less of the rear landing gear being farher from the CG, surely

helps to dip the nose... or so Yo-Yo made us believe.

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Ed's flight modeling is perhaps the only based on real phisics ever for PC. It has always been scripted in some form or another for all other SIM's.

now lets see what comes next for DCS to be wowed again. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

If you have not noticed this yet, get a nice zoomed-in external view of your helicopter from about 4 o'clock as you fire the cannon. Watch it shift from the recoil and then watch the autopilot bring it back into hovering position. :yes:

"not noticed"? How on earth could you fail to notice as your heli spins like a top? ;)

My cannon attack technique involves stabbing the left pedal instinctively when I fire the cannon!