Licence not valid after Hamatchi install

Ovenmit

Hi, I've just installed Log-Me In Hamachi as I need it for some of my clients at work...

Problem is, it installs a virtual Network card and now when I start up BS its telling me my serial is not valid anymore because of hardware changes.

Do I just de-activate and re-activate? Whats the best way to do it, protect.exe?

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try deactivating first. This might work, it did for me once. Then you re activate. If the deactivation was successful you shouldn't lose an activation.

Deactivation if successful will give you a 6 or 7 digit number that has to be placed after your original serial when reactivating.

Yes Protect .exe is what you use. you may need a pen and paper too.

Nate

Wouldn't let me deactivate cos of the change either... So I just disabled the virtual card...Deactivated and re-activated with the card enabled.... They don't have that small number anymore since the patch.

eh..

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's the same problem you get if you use VMWare Workstation - virtual NIC's seem to mess up the protection checksum.

But you should be able to "deactivate" (you need to have the same hardware checksum ofcourse - all Hamachi NIC's gone/disabled).

Then activate/install the NIC*s again - and then start DCS:BS to reactiavte the games while the NIC's are in place.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Jesus Christ SF why are you so shitty :P It seems there will be many requests for new activations.

I will plug in new laser printer soon, so do I have to deactivate it? It is NOT on list posted by Wags mentioned SF and what SF checks but Hamachi also wasn't and guy has crap now :confused:

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Holly Christ.

Why not an internet activation.

Simple, cheap, easiest solution.

ED is capable of doing the best and some of the worst choices.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Define "internet activation" Esac.

If you mean anything like what Rise of Flight uses (I finally went ahead and bought it the other week in spite of my misgivings about the copy protection scheme), hell no. I don't want to have to be online to play offline. It's usually not a problem but being booted mid-mission on singleplay because your ISP has an issue would suck. :P

If you mean basically the same system they have right now but without the limits: well... That wouldn't really defend their property at all. People would just pass along keys to their friends and they'd be forced to make arbitrary judgements on when an activation count indicates piracy.

I guess the neatest way would be a system that allows your activations to be connected to your account here on the site, and that allows you to deactivate hardware profiles. That way you will be able to retrieve your activations if you have hardware issues, and ED will be able to have a defense for their product. However, there are a few ways I can see where this can cause issues.

This is not an easy thing to solve and if you compare them to a lot of the major publishers they are actually very very generous with the solution they've chosen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester