Kiss Of Death

After reading the many posts from simmers that have already purchased FC 1.1, I'm very happy that I decided to wait a few weeks before I make my purchase. What I'm reading is just unbelievable and really sad. A week ago many were worked into a frenzy over the delay, now it seems many are getting worked into a frenzy over starforce related issues. ED, you have a great, great product, but its being schrouded, and overshadowed by the issues with starforce. And, now when I talk to someone about flaming cliffs, guess what topic comes to the surface ........ STARFORCE RELATED PROBLEMS.

I think Starforce is becoming the kiss of death for a lot of developers and I wish ED had decided against employing it.

#1. its not preventing illegal distribution or use [every game with it is cracked]

#2. the many problems experienced with SF is making paying customers lean towards the illegal patched versions as a solution.

#3. DEVs that are using SF, are losing potential sales, because nobody wants hidden SF drivers nesting in their system, causing problems with legally purchased titles.

Therefore, potential cust. are opting for alternative solutions for aquiring the

software titles.

If I were a developer or game publisher, I would never use anything similar to SF, because the minute its put out there, all the crackers\hackers are going to go after it, to become the first to crack the newest protection scheme.

So, you lose potential customers who hate the protection scheme, you spend, waste & lose money on a protection scheme that doesn't work. You also in the process, irritate the hell out of your paying customers with activations, drive incompatabilities, and other maladies associated with its use.

I just can't see the rational ....... Are the SF sales reps that good at their job.

Because they are selling snake-oil if ever someone was.

***Just a thought from a dedicated simmer and LOMAC user.***

They have to protect their work some how. I haven't had any problems with my dl and install, but then again I:

A) Cleared my sys of all spyware 1st.

B) defragged

C) turned off all Virus protection on install

D) Followed Wags Instructions concerning the install RE: unistalling all versions of Lock-On before upgrading.

Veni,Vidi,Vici Biiiaaaatttcchhh!!

the many problems experienced with SF is making paying customers lean towards the illegal patched versions as a solution.

Very good point! I know I am! I already went ahead and paid for a registration and copy of FC 1.1, but I haven't installed it yet. If I see a bootleg version online anytime soon, I won't hesitate to get that instead as it seems a cracked version would cause less potential harm to my system than a legit version. I still bought the game, so I don't feel bad about that at all. If it helps getting rid of the slowdowns, system monitoring and intrusions of my system I never approved of in the first place, I'll take a hacked version any day over the way this is activated and distributed!

My two cents...

LawnDart

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

What horse shit. There is no excuse for being a thief PERIOD.

This may be a true statement, but you have to consider the fact, that flight simmers are passionate about their sims ..... You see how much hell was raised when April 06, 2005 arrived and no flaming cliffs.

And if you think something like starforce is going to interfere with these guys using the softwase they purchased, you're crazy. Whether anyone admits it or not ..... they will do whatever they have to do ... period.

closed. buy FC or don't, but don't tell this BS.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]