TouchPal - Touchscreen Cockpit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

until now(adays) I used to TouchPal via mouseclick but now I've changed to keyboard commands and recognized that TP's UV26 panel not synced (I mean no change on TP's screen) to to "real" cockpit when I click on the appropriate buttons on my keyboard (actually on my stick, but it doesn't matter).

Am I the only one who experience this or is it a known issue?

Edited by dnnzed

Hey guys,

until now(adays) I used to TouchPal via mouseclick but now I've changed to keyboard commands and recognized that TP's UV26 panel not synced (I mean no change on TP's screen) to to "real" cockpit when I click on the appropriate buttons on my keyboard (actually on my stick, but it doesn't matter).

Am I the only one who experience this or is it a known issue?

This is a known issue. There is no way to extract any of the seven segment displays (PVI800 or UV26) from the simulation. The UV26 display in TouchPal is a hack which assumes you control the counter measures through TouchPal only.

• 1 month later...

Any chance this will work on a 10.1" touch screen running @ 1024 x 600 (without shkval)?

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

... greek to me mate ;)

Is it an easy thing to do? I've just got the iMo Mini Monster: http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/imo-monster-touch-10-inch-mini-usb-touchscreen-monitor and was hoping to give this profile a run... although i have another 7" touchscreen and a 7" USB display so i could have the ABRIS on one and the Shkval on the other and the touchpal program on the big boy.

I dunno, a bit at a lost as to where to go from here Gadroc. I'm not asking you to recreate anything, so don't get that idea from my post... but i guess an indication of what i could do to get this to function with my setup would be greatly appreciated.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

1st : find an editor for xml scripts

2d : read and understand how this touchpal.xml is structured

3rd : modify resolution and placement of buttons to create your own profile

4th : use photoshop or other bmp jpg png editor to create edit your own buttons images and use it (place it at the right place inthe touchpal directories, relative to their relative path in the xml file)

if all that stuff is far too complicated for you... I think it 's a no go...

but it is not so complicated, you just need patience, method and time...

• Like 1

Thanks Hellfrog, i appreciate the advice and walkthrough

Will look into it!

Good day,

Is anyone having trouble running the touchpal.exe in win7? Every time I try to start the .exe I get a error box that says some thing like " windows can not start this program ". Am I missing .net framwork or some thing like that?

Thanks

hendo97

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

I have tried to run Touchpal and LOVP on the second monitor of my computer. The instructions are not clear but it seems to imply that to do so, you need two computers. I don't seem to be able to have Touchpal overlay LOVP so that both show up together.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to DickDastardly and Gadroc for great job!

I try to use TouchPal on my PC (Win Pro 7 Rus, DCS: BS rus) and it work very good.

Many thanks, once again!

And I have one ask. I have idea to make TouchPal with buttons and lamps in original (Russian) variant.

Could You send me (or upload anywhere) pics of buttons and lamps in the initial non-compression size?

I think, many fans of DCS:BS in Russia (me include :)) will be grateful to You.

P.S. Sorry, for my English. I still learn... :)

Edited by Dimas72

Пап, слем адень!

@Gadroc

Is there a "Tabs" function in TouchPal similar to the "Tabs" function in Touchbuddy, or, does the "Changing Panels" function in Kpaw's profile demonstrate/accomplish the same thing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks to DickDastardly and Gadroc for great job!

I try to use TouchPal on my PC (Win Pro 7 Rus, DCS: BS rus) and it work very good.

Many thanks, once again!

And I have one ask. I have idea to make TouchPal with buttons and lamps in original (Russian) variant.

Could You send me (or upload anywhere) pics of buttons and lamps in the initial non-compression size?

I think, many fans of DCS:BS in Russia (me include :)) will be grateful to You.

P.S. Sorry, for my English. I still learn... :)

The graphics are all curtosy DickDastardly. I have his originals but I won't distribute them wihtout his permission. I'd recomend send him a PM on these forums.

@Gadroc

Is there a "Tabs" function in TouchPal similar to the "Tabs" function in Touchbuddy, or, does the "Changing Panels" function in Kpaw's profile demonstrate/accomplish the same thing?

Yes the change panels is designed to be the equivalent of tabs. Touchpal is a raw quick and dirty lower layer and does no supply any UI helper to actualy draw tabs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...