creating f16 3d model

I would start in F-16.net. I think you can find any F-16 related information there

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions.html

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hi,

Puh- Thats really one of the complicatest models to rebuild. At first to make the right fuselage- Specially the canopy, gun and intake section. Next level is to animate the complicate "gear up", "gear down" sequency. I tryed to rebuild it in the past- thats really hard stoff. I wish you good luck and the maximum of fun and joy. A great projekt :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PS: 90% of all blueprints are false. Use 4 or more of them and copy them all into one picture or compare them with original photos. Specially the canopy roundings back and front

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Actually, if you are complely new to 3d modelling, which Im guessing you are, I wouldnt recommend you do an aircraft at all. Making aircraft in 3d isnt any harder than making other stuff, but if you are not familiar with the tools at your disposal it could prove to be quite a challenge. I would recommend you do some tutorials and stuff, and then come back to aircraft when you have a better knowledge of the tools, then the task at hand wont seem so overwhelming.

PS: 90% of all blueprints are false. Use 4 or more of them and copy them all into one picture or compare them with original photos. Specially the canopy roundings back and front
YES !

And don't forget to collect a huge amount of pictures. A lot of "walkarounds" are easily available on the net, and remember the planes on pictures have correct shapes... ;)

• 1 month later...

Here's a little something for you, F-16 3D artists :smilewink: , to work with:

f162d.jpg

I've uploaded the previous image in much higher resolution and a compilation of e-books loaded with technical details and photos of every F-16 version you can think of; download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/307470308/F-16_reference_material.rar.html

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Hey-thanks,

well , all my workings are original hand made. So its hard to interprete it all right. Specially the canopy is very hard to build. Sometimes it looks like a bobble and next like ballon. Is it possible that GeneralDynamics build different Canopys, isn`t it?

screenshot139l.jpgw1440.png

So I compared it with different photos to give it all a relisticly look. As I said: most prints and plans are simply false. So I had the option to use that with the best look.

screenshot140e.jpgw1440.png

screenshot135z.jpgw1440.png

screenshot142e.jpgw1440.png

So Thunderbird, you started a heavy project :yes:

Edited by TOMCATZ

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Well I can try it.

screenshot146n.jpgw1440.png

But I won`t break into Thunderbirds project. My intention was to show wich mistakes I did in past and how complicate some parts are. Well, allthough I`m not the best modeler. Thinks somebody will do it just like Aerosofts Falcon... .

Best wishes,

TOM

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Well I can try it.

screenshot146n.jpgw1440.png

But I won`t break into Thunderbirds project. My intention was to show wich mistakes I did in past and how complicate some parts are. Well, allthough I`m not the best modeler. Thinks somebody will do it just like Aerosofts Falcon... .

Best wishes,

TOM

You'd be surprised to see how many "mistakes" Aerosoft F-16 has, I wasn't able to tell from initial screenshots and videos and I thought it was the best Falcon 3D ever, but later I noticed many things not proper! For instance nose wheel rim is too small in radius, plane sits a bit too high on tarmac (like it has bad shock absorbers), raised canopy doesn't raise enough (angle too small) etc. Actually, the default Falcon model from Lock On is pretty decent (shape wise), it's only trouble is lack of details...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]