ericinexile

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm secret project, might this be it?

avro_arrow2.jpg

LOL ;) I wish though I truly wish...

What the Avro Arrow..... Under powered with a turning circle of a tanker...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

My guess:

Updates to A2A, basically to hold fans over since it will likely be a while before anything happens for them in the DCS series.

Also possible they may port the new ME and Campaign system over.

At least, this is what I hope! :music_whistling:

I'll play this game:

The unnanounced project is a patch to LOFC (payware) that will include the following:

Flyable Mig-29K

Flyable F/A-18C

Integration of all current DCS high fidelity models

AWFM

Advanced IFF capabilites for all aircraft enabled

Advanced ECM and ECCM

Numerous F-15C fixes (otherwise the 44th wouldn't be happy) :P

Reintroduction of the R-27EA (just for =4c= Hajduk) :D

Thread hijack on R-27EA, anyone??? :D

Edited by Fudd
  • Like 1
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Right. DCS and LO/FC are two different, separate products - one is a high-fidelity simulator, the other is a survey sim.

The DCS series was -not- made for interoperability with LO. If that happens, consider it a nice touch, and that's all.

DCS was made to help ease development of future high fidelity simulations, but the DCS series itself continues to evolve. It isn't a platform that's done, finished, and standing still.

So would this mean that ED couldn't just slap an AFM on the A10 in Lockon? That was kind of my fantasy, my thinking being was they would be able to "port" a DCS drag model etc over to lockon for a couple of months of fun before DCS:A10 comes out

So would this mean that ED couldn't just slap an AFM on the A10 in Lockon?

Considering how much time LO:FC took to develop, I doubt it was just "slapping" an AFM on the plane and make a few changes on the model that was basically already in LockOn.

The similarities that remain between LockOn and DCS (at least in BS) don't mean that models and physics can be switched over easily. The graphics engine, for example, may look the same, but under the hood a lot of things changed from LO to DCS.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

So would this mean that ED couldn't just slap an AFM on the A10 in Lockon? That was kind of my fantasy, my thinking being was they would be able to "port" a DCS drag model etc over to lockon for a couple of months of fun before DCS:A10 comes out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

While we certainly appreciate the interest in this project, we will not be starting the PR push until after the project is further along and an unannounced project has been released.

sounds like a fishing expedition to me!! :huh:

now what can it be .. i think its a firetrucksim... with lots of "slang" and shit in it!! :thumbup:

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

Probably they'll keep the Lock-On franchise and make it even more arcade to appeal to masses. I'm talking about a IL-2 Birds of Prey approach here, with consoles and everything.

I'm still pretty disappointed about lack of A-10 update though. Looks like they won't be able to keep their 9 month promises, the waiting is putting me off of DCS.

I'll play this game:

The unnanounced project is a patch to LOFC (payware) that will include the following:

Thread hijack on R-27EA, anyone??? :D

how ab:joystick:ut Korea?

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Probably they'll keep the Lock-On franchise and make it even more arcade to appeal to masses. I'm talking about a IL-2 Birds of Prey approach here, with consoles and everything.

I very much doubt it

I'm still pretty disappointed about lack of A-10 update though. Looks like they won't be able to keep their 9 month promises, the waiting is putting me off of DCS.

They did not promise anything. So what if they don't talk about their next project. Less talk more work, and what is there to tall about.

The 9 months is from the release of the western version on disc.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Funny how you keep coming back to complain that you're being put off. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Actually they said they hoped to release it 9 months after DCS:BS. If they can't it doesn't mean they betrayed you - it means they're human, just like you and me. :smilewink:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Hold on a minute, I just realised I think I got the wrong end of the stick here. ED have announced the patch for LO:FC which will probably be for the knife fighters, not my thing but I hope it provides a more realistic experience for them as fast jets are probably 2-3 years away from being available in DCS. So this unannounced project will be in addition to the patch?

So this unannounced project will be in addition to the patch?

No.

The unannounced Project is the Patch/Update. Speculation has spiralled Wildly out of Control due reasons unknown *Viral Anticipation, Boredom?*.

Not unannounced per se, otherwise how would one even know of it's existence in order to fuel the speculation to date? Rather a reluctance for reasons unknown/unpublished to discuss the content-matter of the said Patch/Update at all until release/shorthly before......My Interpretation, that is.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Those who Know, do not Speak. Those who Speak, do not Know.

-Lao Tzu

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The DCS series was -not- made for interoperability with LO. If that happens, consider it a nice touch, and that's all.

So, is this scenario (compatibility between DCS and LockOn), plausible? would be very very interesting if they, on top of making DCS modules online compatible, make both games also multiplayer compatible.

Is this just your thought or has ED considered this possibility?

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2