DCS (Not Responding) Can't Fly

cr8z

Hello,

The game will load into the main menu which is a good sign, but as soon as I select any single player mission, I get kicked to desktop, and then the mission will start to load. During this process, the taskbar icon for the game will say "DCS (Not Responding).

The mission will load up and I can look around in the cockpit, but the game is paused and the Pause/Resume message is on the screen. I hit escape and every other key, but nothing will resume play. I can use the Quit command however and quit the mission back to the main menu where I can successfully exit the game.

Steps to Reproduce:

Start a mission

My Rig

Intel i7

EVGA

6GB Corsair DDR3

EVGA 275GTX

Sony Optiarc

Cable 10/1.5mbs

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick

Vista 64 sp2

DX10

Attached 2 error files.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

......The mission will load up and I can look around in the cockpit, but the game is paused and the Pause/Resume message is on the screen. I hit escape and every other key.....

To Clarify, you attempted to unpause by hitting the default [Pause/Break] key, Yes?

If this did not work, try and remap the key to a different one in the Options menu In-Game and see if that solves the issue. Also remember that you have two sets of Key Inputs to change (Simulation and Arcade), dependant on which Game Mode you are loading.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I downloaded the game D2D and haven't looked through the volumes of keyboard controls as of yet. I tried every key on my keyboard though and only the ESC key did anything, but it only allowed me to quit the mission.

I DO have a G15 keyboard, and now I'm wondering if that's the issue. I will try to uninstall my keyboard and reinstall it and see if that works.

Thanks for your help. I will for sure be back if this doesn't do it.

A search on google actually turned up quite a few instances of issues with the Pause/Break key on the g15 keyboard, so it does seem to be a driver issue. I always use bog-standard peripherals to ensure I never have to rely on special drivers and such.

If driver reinstall and such doesn't fix the issue, you could test disabling it's multimedia keys. If that fails I guess you could re-map the pause function to another key. (Although I know it can be absolute hell to find a key or key combination that is not taken already by another function in DCS. :P )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If you have the Mk1 G15 then ensure that your "PC/Game slide key" is fully selected left. The slide key is located just below the left hand USB hub towards the top of the keyboard. Not sure about the Mk2 G15.

Edited by Axion

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64