Datalink targets & ingress point for self use

Martillo1

In Route mode, it seems I cannot do like my wingmen and follow a datalink ingress point prior to engage a datalink target. I know the procedure and I can make the system go to a datalink target or to an datalink ingress point, but not to follow the logical path (first: ingress point, second: target). Is it the way it really works or I am missing something?

Edited by Martillo1

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's certainly possible as I've done it. It should be send ingress, send non-ingress then attack/move-to non-ingress and they use the ingress as a waypoint. I'm going to give it a shot and see if I can provide more help. brb.

I had trouble giving direct shkval-wingman points but if I made them into memory of the appropriate type first and then sent from memory the goto via ingress worked as expected.

Edited by Frederf

Thanks, but it is not for the wingmen. It is for my helo. The wingmen do it right, but my helo don't.

To be clear: there are no wingmen. I just want the autopilot to move my helo from its actual position to target in datatlink through ingress point in datalink.

Edited by Martillo1

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, you're trying to have an ingress-waypoint chain work with the autopilot. I'm pretty sure it doesn't do that. The DL Ingress function only works with a simple destination.

11. "ВЫХОД" button: DLINK automatic ingress to target. This button activates

functionality to automatically point the aircraft in the direction of the assigned

data linked target.

--Flight Manual, 6-47.

Automatic Ingress to Target

When approaching the target area and you wish to point the aircraft at a data linked

target, you should:

1. Press the desired target type button (press as many times as needed to select

required target) and the ABRIS will show the flashing target symbol.

2. Press the “ВЫХОД” (Ingress) button on the Data Link Panel (the button will

light and the target type button light will turn off), then set the “ЗК/ЛЗП”

(Autopilot heading DH/DTA) switch on Autopilot Panel to the “ЗК” (Desired

heading) position, and set the “СНИЖ-МАРШРУТ” (Descent – Route) switch

on the collective to the “МАРШРУТ” (Route) mode.

3. Press the “АДВ” (Automatic turn to target) button on the Targeting Mode

Control panel and this initiates the “automatic turn to target” mode. The

target marker on the ABRIS will stop flashing and it will be marked with a

cross.

At the same time on the HUD, the relative target bearing will instead show range to

target, while the HSI will show target bearing and range.

When approaching a target within 8 km, press the “ЦУ” (Uncage/Designate target)

button on the cyclic and begin searching for the target with the Shkval sensor. If

necessary, turn on the Shkval‟s scanning mode by pressing the “ЦУ” again.

Once a target is detected, slew the cursor to the target to turn scanning off, adjust the

tracking gate size, and turn on automatic tracking.

To turn target ingress mode off, press the “ВЫХОД” (Ingress) button again.

Flight Manual, 11-9

The only trick I could see possibly working is to use some manual DT course setting (not that I've figured out how to set a manual track course, but I think you can) and then use the DT position on the DT/DH switch and maybe, just maybe, it would jig you over onto the given track before pointing you at the DL target which would have a crude ingress point effect. This is all untest and theoretical pulled out of my posterior.

Edited by Frederf

Well, the manual is wrong. It is not required to turn on "АДВ" (Automatic turn to target). It works just with step 1 and 2.

Oh indeed. What really does when it's active "ВЫХОД" button: DLINK automatic ingress to target is the Shkval automaticaly locks on (or rather point on) DTLNK target after pressing "uncage Shkval".