Nightvision issue since change to Windows 7

Madog

Hey,

since i have installed Windows 7, the nightvision works strangely inverted:

Usually when there is more Ambient light in the cockpit you see less throu the night vision. For me it now works invertet, the more ligh sources i turn on, the more i see from my surroundings outside the cockpit.

To speak in technical terms: it seems to me that there is a semi-transperant green sprite layed over the nightvision area on the screen. The sprite used to get more transparent the darker the cockpit was, now it gets more transparent the more illuminated the cockpit is.

Its not a bad bug, since i simply leave on the lights in the cockpit to see outside, but anyways: does anyone else get this phenomenon, or even knows a solution for it?

Thanks in advance,

Madog

No, I've not seen this problem - Im using Windows 7 x64, Nvidia latest - DCS:BS 1.0.1c.

I would assume it depends on how you upgraded your 1.0 -> 1.0.1. If you didnt do it on a clean install you can get effects like that of course.

Video drivers / OC / etc can also cause funny artifacts, but normally it's more related to textures / curruption.

DXDiag reports may be interesting when someone else reports having the same issues, as well as screenshots

Plus a test where you reinstall from 1.0 clean and apply 1.0.1c to see if the problem persists.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning