modes in online play

tonym

If server sets up labels on then you will see labels, otherwise not. new players should learn basic in private servers or offline to do not disturb server asking what is that, how to rectract gear, what is Shkval ect.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Well, not strictly true. Off the top of my head there is the issue of setting radio frequencies and assigning yourself a flight position that doesn't conflict with the rest of your flight. But I think that's pretty much it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

.....this would help to get familiar with the online set up.....

Most Important MP aspect - I.F.F.

A lot of people will go out of their way to help you with any queries/assistance you might have/want. Personally for me that will end with the Wanton Tanking of own Units.

Be 110% sure before you take the Shot - If you're 109.9% there, rather draw fire to be sure they're a threat and then engage. The Briefing is however clear 109.9% of the time as to Nationality of Units.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

A lot of people will go out of their way to help you with any queries/assistance you might have/want.

I'll vouch for that. The 159th server is a very friendly place and a good place to learn. (And no, I'm not a member - though I have considered it.)

If you have voice communication software like TeamSpeak installed you can also see if a friendly soul wants to help instruct you. That's how I personally first came upon the 159th server - needed a place where I could tutor a guy and the 159th graciously lent us two slots. :)

But yes, do remember to take extreme caution in engaging targets. Look at it this way: if a real pilot ends up killing his own guys he might not only feel real bad about killing friendlies - he'd also face the risk of court-martial. A good way to learn this is to hook up with a more experienced player and fly wingman with voice comms. This will also give you a chance to be talked through the lingo so you won't be thinking Whiskey Tango Foxtrot when people start shouting about rifles, angels and mud spikes. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester