Track IR 4/5 Resources

My personal experience is that it is not resource hungry at all. There is a pretty big difference going from the 3 to the 4 and a less substantial difference going from the 4 to the 5. With that said, the 5 with the Track Clip Pro is the best thing out there. The two things that you want in BS is a wide tracking angle (to take best advantage of the 6DOF), and perhaps most importantly, a high resolution--which translates into a very steady view (really important for use in the virtual cockpit). When going from the 3 to the 5, the improvement in stability for me went from barely useable to almost flawless. The 4 is obviously somewhere in between, but better than the midpoint.

• Like 1

If you don't have already TIR4 go for TIR5!

There's not much of the difference between the two but later is better, newer and more precise!

Having such a device would surely improve your SA in LOFC and increase immersion, so tehnically it's a must just like a good HOTAS (CH, Saitek, TM, Logitech).

You should check http://www.simw.com/ for a TIR!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a TIR4 user I can confirm the device doesn't eat many resources. FPS, therefore, is not much affected on a good system.

It works perfectly fine in BS as well, but indeed; if you don't have a TIR yet, go for v5. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I use a Sennheiser headset with mic attached. Oddly there's no model number on the thing anywhere...

If you look at the Sennheiser website and go to the Professional Gaming headsets the ones you see there resemble mine (albeit different details because of newer models).

It's a very nice headset with great bass response and clear mid/high sounds and the mic is a handy extra.

The TrackClip Pro clicks nicely on the strap and all devices are on one side (meaning Trackclip and Mic, which do not interfere with eachother).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”