Options screen ?

Lorenzian

I can't change anything or even hit the OK button to exit, I can only use the cancel button to go back to the home screen.

I now get this when iI install the patch.

I,ve reinstalled the game, the patch, video driver....Same problems.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33422&stc=1&d=1258255944

crash.jpg.1873725b08a90505251c9baa83bbe635.jpg

Edited by Lorenzian

You you have any error.log, crashlogs and similar in your BlackShark Temp folder? If so, please post them. A DxDiag and information would also be nice.

BUT

The "Permission denied" there leads me to suspect that you have installed the simulator into the Program Files folder and not started it as administrator. That would cause windows to not give it permission to change anything in the configuration files, creating such an error.

Try starting it in administrator mode (right-click, run as administrator) and see if that fixes the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You have installed the wrong patch. Either the wrong language at all or the wrong version (the installer on pre-101c-Versions was broken). Download 1.0.1c from the files-page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=2364&scr=products&lang=en

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

EtherealN you are good. I started with admin mode and it worked. Why is that was I not loged in as an admin when I installed? How can I all ways start it from the shortcut on the desktop now without a right click? (I just found it in the properties tab for the shortcut)

There was no error log. What is a DxDiag for future refrence? Thanks guys for the help!!!!

You you have any error.log, crashlogs and similar in your BlackShark Temp folder? If so, please post them. A DxDiag and information would also be nice.

BUT

The "Permission denied" there leads me to suspect that you have installed the simulator into the Program Files folder and not started it as administrator. That would cause windows to not give it permission to change anything in the configuration files, creating such an error.

Try starting it in administrator mode (right-click, run as administrator) and see if that fixes the issue.

Edited by Lorenzian

DxDiag is an application in the DirectX suite. It basically makes a quick analysis of your hardware and list the information in a text file. This is an easy way to give complete information about your system to a helpdesk or people assisting in troublshooting.

The reason why it didn't give you automatic administrator access in spite of you having it when you installed is part of a windows security measure meant to guard against a phenomenon called "rights escalation", where hostile software or viruses will be able to use infections of such programs (or being carried as a trojan payload in a program) to gain administrator access to your machine. This way, you have to be explicit about giving a program access to the priviliges that are necessary to edit files in the Program Files folder structure. This has the effect that if a program that normally wouldn't need such access gets infected by something that tries something nasty that will get denied and/or you as a user will be prompted for explicit permission.

Generally speaking I tend to install Games into a separate folder (C:\Games :D ) due to this reason. The security scheme around the Program Files folders are generally meant for programs that don't get edited all that often, but rather where the files that the user edits end up in the "My Documents" folder and similar folders (that don't have this protection).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester