New MiG-29A/C/UB models

59th_Reaper

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for that level of details you'll have a very hard mapping to do

You can believe: I know:cry:, but i'll push up my skill from mapping:D

Ps: I think, we have a lot of low quality modell of mig29, so thats the time somebody made one nearly realistic (if it is that).

Edited by 59th_Krieger

Can you export that component into Pro Mechanica please to perform structural tests like this one? :P

01-linear-static-stress-analysis-factor-of-safety-calculation-roll-spring-carrier-study_thumb.jpg

It's just insane seeing that level of detail in your main gear door, almost looks to have the same detail as an engineering cad model....which is always a great to see! ;)

Edited by RED9|R1pper

Ps: I think, we have a lot of low quality modell of mig29, so thats the time somebody made one nearly realistic (if it is that).

One question I have to ask, what computer you need to have to play this model online? I have Q2D 8400(wolfdale) O.C. at 3800, 4 gigs of ram at 1066 and ati5770 (core clock 935, mem. clock 1350) and I am really hoping i could use this model for all time playing. For now this is best model in the all DCS and Lock On serial. Keep with good work!!!

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

One question I have to ask, what computer you need to have to play this model online? I have Q2D 8400(wolfdale) O.C. at 3800, 4 gigs of ram at 1066 and ati5770 (core clock 935, mem. clock 1350) and I am really hoping i could use this model for all time playing. For now this is best model in the all DCS and Lock On serial. Keep with good work!!!

What yomputer need? I don't know jet, but i see the models with higher poly number dont grab the gamer's pc. we planned this model will not run over the su-27 model perhaps (~300k) Evertheless i ask you from appologize, but the average pc today with medium category CPU (with Quadcore eg. AMD Phenom II series) not unreachable who want to play with game.

What yomputer need? I don't know jet, but i see the models with higher poly number dont grab the gamer's pc. we planned this model will not run over the su-27 model perhaps (~300k) Evertheless i ask you from appologize, but the average pc today with medium category CPU (with Quadcore eg. AMD Phenom II series) not unreachable who want to play with game.

My Su-33 is more than 300K and there is not much detail into it. Are you saying that the model you are making will have 300K polys in it?

My Su-33 is more than 300K and there is not much detail into it. Are you saying that the model you are making will have 300K polys in it?

We planned the model will not step over the ~300k poly, if we make a mistake and run over this limit, i'll throw out some unnecessary details or whole parts:D.

I don't know what to say, it good or bad because of the effort you are putting in. Also, you can hide the interior of the gear doors, the gears, interior of airbrakes. Almost everything and that can't be seen when flying can be hidden so that those polys are not rendered at that time.

We planned the model will not step over the ~300k poly, if we make a mistake and run over this limit, i'll throw out some unnecessary details or whole parts:D.

make sure you keep the wings or it won't fly :pilotfly:

No longer active in DCS...

I don't know what to say, it good or bad because of the effort you are putting in. Also, you can hide the interior of the gear doors, the gears, interior of airbrakes. Almost everything and that can't be seen when flying can be hidden so that those polys are not rendered at that time.

It was joke naturally. when it will be complete i will be finished. i can't say when, and how many poliy will be use for create that just approximetelly see the numbers.

Please check the final model will run in FC2 before poly reducing the hell out of that amazing model. Are you setting a 300k poly (tri's) limit or as a target you think will match the average gaming computer power? If so, please test before you start hacking away at that beauty.

My original target for the bae hawk was somewhere around 60k (tris) based on the old FC1 engine performance, 9 pilots flying simultaneously and really low performance computers used by some pilots. Before that model was completed, FC2 had arrived but the main parts (that draw the eye) of the model had already been poly reduced to hell and back. This was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that i no longer needed to worry about any poly limitation in FC2 (tested with 18 hawks = 2.1 million polys (tri's) = negligible difference in fps - at least for me). But a curse because for the remaining components yet to be made or yet to be poly reduced could have higher detail yet if so, would not match the main areas that were now lacking the same level of detail....so i tried my hardest to reclaim that detail by going back to the original models and piecing bits of high detail sections back onto the low detail. That wasn't fun or quick at all!

Well one very nice thing about having gear bay nicely detailed is not when you are in the air.. but when you are on the ground ;)

I like very much that new standard is probably gonna be set, especially for such a nice aircraft like the MiG-29

No longer active in DCS...