New MiG-29A/C/UB models

59th_Reaper

my f-16 model is now at 50k and i asked before in my thread if to increase the number of polys.everybody said yes but i think is useless because i tried a smart modeling and i put polys only where they needed to be. so even if i make my model to be around 90-100k it is not so visible at all.then why adding these polys? and i don't understand how can you hit the 300k with a model even as detailed as this one when i jump to, let's say 100k polys and iit cannot be made better. my personal opinion, useless polys. if we want a high quality sim we must make it smart because it's important to share those polys with every model in game. we don't have only f-16s or mig-29s. we have all the airplane hangar, the buildings, ground vehicles everything can be improved

and 1 more thing, when i jump from 50k to anything to 300k, to view the difference you must eject when you are landed and go with the pilot at about 1-2 meters from the plane. so that's very close.

Edited by john_X

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand how can you hit the 300k with a model even as detailed as this one when i jump to, let's say 100k polys and iit cannot be made better.

Here's my possibly unnecessary 2c... Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's not possible. He's clearly a better modeler than you are, so now is a great time to stop applying your limitations to his modeling. Let him do his thing... it's his model, and he's clearly the expert here. :noexpression:

• Like 2

Off-topic

We planned the model will not step over the ~300k poly, if we make a mistake and run over this limit, i'll throw out some unnecessary details or whole parts:D.

Thank you for your answer.

I play lock on on almost all high. KA-50 i Lock On 2.0 put only sound to the second core for now(maybe i didn't see other details in optimization) so you really do not need quad core processor. In the all market i really do not see game who NEED 4core processor. Processor is not big deal i think g.card will be bottle neck. I just ask this because this model have so much details and I get scare i could not use it, but now you said it will be close to Su-27 so i think it will work everything ok.

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

Off-topic

Thank you for your answer.

I play lock on on almost all high. KA-50 i Lock On 2.0 put only sound to the second core for now(maybe i didn't see other details in optimization) so you really do not need quad core processor. In the all market i really do not see game who NEED 4core processor. Processor is not big deal i think g.card will be bottle neck. I just ask this because this model have so much details and I get scare i could not use it, but now you said it will be close to Su-27 so i think it will work everything ok.

Sorry, i want to wrote su-33 earlier.

Info: In this state of model (with two engines, and almost finished outer body) staying from 147K poliygons.

Info: In this state of model (with two engines, and almost finished outer body) staying from 147K poliygons.

Not bad at all! It's the small bits where all the high poly counts come into play, but fully worth the resources with good LODs, IMO. Although I will probably be among those who may experience performance issues with this model, I would much prefer that you use whatever reasonable amount of polygons you can. The quality of this model will last well into the future, IMO... so damn the torpedoes and count on better hardware! :D

Its the bloody gears, pilot and engines that took most of the polys in Su-33.

aaron886 you don't know what you are talking about, you are off topic and you don't understand modeling. if you say he is a better modeler than i am, it's obvious you are off 3d max. i tell you something: 1.in modeling, 3d max has no secret for me, i earn money from max and i studied it at school for 5 years and i was working in max before school for another 5 years 2. i have 300k models too but i don't think that's a good thing for this sim, it is possible to insert them but i prefere to lower their number(that's smart and expert modeling) 3.if you have some doubt about the thing i'm an expert i show you my works, that you don't know about(personally pm me when you want to see) 4. it is the X time when you say offensive things to me, this being in contrast with your "pacifist attitude".when anybody else has a wrong attitude you are the first to make observation. i wonder when are you going to stop or when is your mouth going to be shut down?

• Like 1

Thank you for answer Kriger. Also i use Su-33 model in here and working ok.

aaron886...

OFFTOPIC Please both of you go PM with this do not start flame war in this topic PLEASE!!!

Edited by Presing

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

Well: The ED F15 Strike Eagle have arround 2.800000 faces per fighter. The result is a very slow working simulation and a lot of frame troubles. I love the details of that beauty but it still have to work with "normally" hardware.

So , thats my 2 cents, if you set a 500k limit for model, markings, damage model, numbers, lights and you bring the polycount down with LOD`s under 50k it should be working very fine.

However: The work will need some time and the hardware limits grow up year per year. When the model will be complete its will work I`m sure.

CU

TOM

• Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Well: The ED F15 Strike Eagle have arround 2.800000 faces per fighter. The result is a very slow working simulation and a lot of frame troubles. I love the details of that beauty but it still have to work with "normally" hardware.

So , thats my 2 cents, if you set a 500k limit for model, markings, damage model, numbers, lights and you bring the polycount down with LOD`s under 50k it should be working very fine.

However: The work will need some time and the hardware limits grow up year per year. When the model will be complete its will work I`m sure.

CU

TOM

Ok, I think same as you dude, and i'm trying keep down the poly numbers. Just that i reply for your ED F15 datas, this state in this model contain ~270K tris, so it is far from the the 2.800.000 (some infos: 12K poly/engine, ~20K the pilot).

Good day for you.

Krieger

Edited by 59th_Krieger

Agreed, I would be very impressed to see this model finish with 400-500k faces at the current level of detail! :)

...you don't understand modeling. if you say he is a better modeler than i am, it's obvious you are off 3d max.

I'm not judging you by your poly count, I'm judging you by the quality of the work you do. That's just the way it is. He's a better modeler than I am, too, I'm just smart enough to admit it. Enough said.

luse it will never be released for you, forget it!:megalol:

aaron886, i don't make comparisons like this. i don't know if he is better than you or me until i see some wireframe screens. the thing is playing with some iterations when using meshsmooth doesn't mean you know/don't know max because modeling is the same at 2 iterations as at 4-5 iterations. what i can say about him, thing that is very obvious is that he has an extreme sence of detail(better than me, i just get bored when trying to make them). but i'm not gealous on him i just didn't know how much evolved the modeling thing with fc2. until now(thanks to tomkatz) i didn't even know that dcs can support such a big count of polys(that f-15e) so this means krieger's mig-29 is more than decent. now this job is settled i think we don't have to discuss about it anymore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we want download link!! hehe

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...