New MiG-29A/C/UB models

59th_Reaper

Hi everyone!

My teammate, 59th_Krieger is working on new MiG-29 models (with my contribution:D). It's an early view of this project. We'll update this thread (with screens and infos), when we've some news. At now the MiG-29A model looks like this:

vmh59_MiG29_Project_01.jpgvmh59_MiG29_Project_01.jpg

vmh59_MiG29_Project_02.jpg

vmh59_MiG29_Project_03.jpg

vmh59_MiG29_Project_04.jpg

vmh59_MiG29_Project_05.jpg

vmh59_MiG29_Project_06.jpg

vmh59_MiG29_Project_06.jpg

Edited by 59th_Reaper
  • Like 8

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news, it's looking great!

Just a question here, what A/C you think the MiG-29UB will replace in-game?

I think the UB model will be in the A's LOM file, but this question is very early...;)

Back to the A (and UB) version, of course we'll making different versions too, like slovakian, polish, serbian versions (differents are not too big: antennas, strobe lights, etc.). Thinkable the creating of new versions, like MiG-35, OVT, K, etc.

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the UB model will be in the A's LOM file, but this question is very early...;)

Back to the A (and UB) version, of course we'll making different versions too, like slovakian, polish, serbian versions (differents are not too big: antennas, strobe lights, etc.). Thinkable the creating of new versions, like MiG-35, OVT, K, etc.

Make it the G, its rarely used ingame and germany no longer flying them. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Excellent news, keep it up guys...

I believe MiG-29A/UB should share same entry with shapes depending on the skin selector (camo). Like in Su-27 case ,Test pilots skin has a 3D models with no EOS!

Now, lua scripts might provide constant/instant radar failure in UB as soon as the player spawns, right?

I know it's too early but I'll start with my wishes, I wish for orange smokepods like the one from Beczl's Fishbed on stations 8 and 9 (inside engine bays) for you know what! Beczl can proide more date on creating a .lua file for animating smoke for various throttle settings!

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how come you cant just place them into a new slot and not bother removing the other planes from there spots?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

how come you cant just place them into a new slot and not bother removing the other planes from there spots?

Only static objects can be added without overwriting existing ones.

For active entities(aircraft, ships or vehicles), the "slots" are linked(via predefined CLSIDs) to code defining varies aspects of their "behavior" and since the source code isn't accessible to modders, it is not possible to define e.g. MiG-29 code for a new entry.

So in order to have new MiG-29 versions you would need to use existing slots for the purpose.

JJ

MiG-29K should be kept for MiG-29K, otherwise hook would be compromised! Just ask Alfa! :music_whistling:

Yeah I agree - while I like the idea of a MiG-29UB in the game, I think it would be a waste to use the MiG-29K slot for it.

• Like 1

JJ

Yeah I agree - while I like the idea of a MiG-29UB in the game, I think it would be a waste to use the MiG-29K slot for it.

Check out gripen mod and vnao mod, where there is two 3d models implemented onto one clsid entry by using invisibility argument. UB version of mig could be then used parallel with single seater

Check out gripen mod and vnao mod, where there is two 3d models implemented onto one clsid entry by using invisibility argument. UB version of mig could be then used parallel with single seater

Yes I know but this solution does not come without issues - while you can change the appearance of an aircraft model under the same "slot", you cannot change characteristics assigned to it in the code nor can you diversify loadouts and make restrictions depending on difference in capabilities between the versions depicted.

So IMO this is only a useful procedure if the flight characteristics and combat cabilities are all but identical between versions such as with e.g. F-15C/F-15D or Su-27/Su-27UB. In the case of the MiG-29/MiG-29UB flight charactersitics are not a problem, but combat capabilities are - the MiG-29UB has no radar.

But I guess it is all about preferences - personally I would use the MiG-29G slot since the MiG-29G entry IMHO is rather redundant anyway. That way you can diversify the payload(remove the R-27R) and change the display name to "MiG-29UB"

JJ

^^^^

Not bad, not bad...tell me is there a chance of disabling radar permanently for certain 3D models?! I thought of .lua script to achieve this based on a MiG-21bis .lua Bezcl made to limit AoA and G and include engine smoke animation based on a Throttle setting.

Of course Lefty, make sure your engines smoke by placing orange smoke pods inside engine bays!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]