Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flaming Cliffs 2.0 Upgrade FAQ

Q: Will my Flaming Cliffs 1.12 missions work with Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

A: Due to a change in the world location and mission editor, they will not. However, when installing the upgrade you have the option to create both Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and Flaming Cliffs 2.0 parallel installs. Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and the upgraded Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will not be online compatible.

Q: Will Flaming Cliffs 2.0 and DCS: Black Shark be online compatible?

A: Yes! You will now be able to fly head-to-head and cooperatively with players flying the Ka-50.

Considering the change is in the Lockon mission editor, would missions developed in Black Shark be compatible with some minor editing? Or are they separate file formats?

Will there be any improvements to the in-game server browser? (Basic chat features.)

I'm glad ED decided to take this route with dcs and lockon. I look forward to learning more of the specifics regarding how each game communicates with each other for online play.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

So. If I have a fully patched BS, and a 1.12. When I install this patch I will have:

1.12 LOMAC

2.0 LOMAC (assuming I exercise the option to have a parallell install)

and a 1.01c BS?

or does BS and 2.0 merge together?

Please read the faq below the official announcement in the announcements and updates section. Im seeing loads of question that are answered in there.

Q: Will my Flaming Cliffs 1.12 missions work with Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

A: Due to a change in the world location and mission editor, they will not. However, when installing the upgrade you have the option to create both Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and Flaming Cliffs 2.0 parallel installs. Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and the upgraded Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will not be online compatible.

Your upgrading your lockon:fc installation. This means NO DCS:BS files will be touched

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

What about server compatiblity and matchmaking capabilities such as Xfire and Hyper-Lobby, Gamespy?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Holy crap.... by the time I get to post here there are zilion posts already....but hey, that's to be expected ;)

ED... this is one awesome news and I am very very glad you took this chance and please us... very happy indeed! :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

Great news for 2010!!! Looking forward to it already. :thumbup:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

It's the right thing to do, and you choose to do it. That's very good and I thank you...

I was seriously going to go visit Mackonochie and others at one point and lay out arguments!

I will see you all in the virtual sky's again when this comes out!

Edited by 3Sqn_Fudd

This is great news. I've been looking forward to it since it was mentioned months ago. This will make waiting for DCS A-10C that much more bearable.

Way to go ED!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Good news indeed...

Though I have a silly question... Starforce activation.

if the FC2 is SF activation only, no drivers installed, how does that work if FC2 is an addon to FC1, which is an addon to LO, which installs SF drivers and FC2 installs over FC1?

probably asked many times, is a fully Windows7 64bit compatible LO + FC1 + FC2 release going to be made?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

This is really some good news~~ The one i've been waiting for years~~~!

..though one downer.. i'm not really a fan of buying online.. Is there any chance for CD version?

and yah, another question..

Will the online activation thing have limits too?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Limited 6 DOF cockpits that move up, down and sideways according to maneuvering"

So this is not TrackIR/Freetrack 6dof then?

Nate

Yes, I'm more interested in this than anything else. If LOMAC now supports TIR 6dof, even if it's a lot more limited than BS, I'll buy it.

If it just means that your viewpoint moves a little during hard turns, that's kind of misleading to say 6 DOF, which is used in connection with head tracking devices.