Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

(On more clever SAM...)

I see, thats it fine, but still sounds like poor mans choice in comparison to some proper AI logic. For example, if you set up something like 20 Iglas, and additional 20 Strela-10, and 20 Shilkas, and 20 Tuguskas, and 20 Tors, I think it will be easier to set their individual skills then to set up 100 triggers zones on top of all work?

Yes, it is the poor man's choice. Who said you were wrong? ;)

It's just the way it will be for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, great news ,ED!:thumbup:

And some questions:

Q1:What kind of Anti-cheat method will be used for the MP? Is the new anti-cheat unit able to check the playload by pylon ?

Q2:Will the new mission edit have a fuction to force the player use a set playload by the map? We know in FC, even the mission is locked the MP players can still change the playload and the fuel load, if we have a playload control function ,we can make some special maps~:megalol:

THANKS ;)

Edited by foxwxl

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

have what?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Yeah, great news ,ED!:thumbup:

And some questions:

Q1:What kind of Anti-cheat method will be used for the MP? Is the new anti-cheat unit able to check the playload by pylon ?

Q2:Will the new mission edit have a fuction to force the player use a set playload by the map? We know in FC, even the mission is locked the MP players can still change the playload and the fuel load, if we have a playload control function ,we can make some special maps~:megalol:

THANKS ;)

Well if we assume that we will get at least what is in place now in DCS:BS for LO 2.0...

From the DCS:BS 1.01 readme file:

"CHANGES TO MULTIPLAYER

1. In order to minimize the possibility of cheating in multiplayer, a system of file and folder checks on the client machine by the server has been implemented. If the contents of the checked files/folders on the client side do not match the contents of the server, the client will be unable to connect to the server. By default, the server is set to check the folder "\Config\Weapons". The specific files and folders to be checked can be set in the following configuration file: "\Config\network.cfg", using the "integrity_check" parameter."

As you can change payloads by radio in DCS:BS, I am thinking in LO 2.0 you will still be able to choose from different standard payloads, even if it is not the payload set by the mission builder. Of course I am just speculating. Sh*t, now you guys got me speculating on the forums :)

have what?

HUD :megalol:

Kidding, some of the HUD features you can see in that video were left out in FC1.12a, like datum in the BVR HUD. On the other hand aircraft CAS and alt should be deleted from VS HUD mode.

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know if this was asked before.

Does FC 2.0 include things that were fixed by the community with mods (hail TekaTeka)?

like f.e. LOD fixes for missiles (f.e. R77 - FPS issues)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

That will be a brilliant step- Great news. I can`t believe it. Brilliant:notworthy:

One little question to ED: Is it possible to make a "head animation" just like in these small video here:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7127256

The head went a little bit left and right when you watch out left or right. So it is possible to look better behind the seat. (It don`t have to be a complete look into the six- thats not possible and not builded in the kabina cmd) And when the HUD picture will go out of the sight if the head go left and right- that would be great! Just like in real:thumbup: (Don`t know if that is possible)

Okay- So far. Very best wishes,

TOM

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

That will be a brilliant step- Great news. I can`t believe it. Brilliant:notworthy:

One little question to ED: Is it possible to make a "head animation" just like in these small video here:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7127256

The head went a little bit left and right when you watch out left or right. So it is possible to look better behind the seat. (It don`t have to be a complete look into the six- thats not possible and not builded in the kabina cmd) And when the HUD picture will go out of the sight if the head go left and right- that would be great! Just like in real:thumbup: (Don`t know if that is possible)

Okay- So far. Very best wishes,

TOM

Perhaps Wags' limited 6DOF cockpit announcement is exactly what you ask for!

On the otherhand check how HUD projection moves out of sight (same happens in DCS:BS), that would be very cool too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Theres too many posts to go through to see if this has been asked and answered so here goes.

Will we be able to setup a second monitor to display the Su25 targeting camera independently like we can in Black shark?

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Any chance of having aircraft datum displayed in BVR HUD mode in FC2.0?

Like in this Su-35 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJl02345vgI

and what about HUD repeater in MFD so when you lower your head to check your instruments you keep the track of what's up in HUD/MFD?

At the very end you can hear that some saboteurs switched the guy's sexy voiced "Nadia" like we have in Lock On) to some... ekhm... an older one. That must have been a shock for him as well as important factor lowering his combat efficiency :D

:)

Thank you Rooster...

I know. I have been flying combat sims for many many years (and that makes me older but its OK... I was just sharing the (relatively new) pleasure I had to discover a very hardcore kind of flying.

But you know, in the world of combat, if you can see your ennemy better, or if you can see the ground or air units better, it is great! (it is not cute scenery)... please lets remain respectful.

But if you are flying with your head into the HUD, it is not so good... I just want to make the whole adventure evolve all together, no disrespect to combat flight sim intended!

If Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2.0 BECOMES TripleHead2Go-friendly, it will be amazing for real immersive combat!:thumbup:

JEFX

Ahh rgr that. didn't mean it like that, but I did sound bad. I'm just dry sounding in forums. My apologies. I just Zoom out a bit so I can see more.

Edited by 44th_Rooster

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a Triplehead2Go and deal with the zoom issue as well, but it doesn't make the game unplayable.

Rooster, with the Triplehead2go in LockOn, you primarily see only a big HUD in the screen. You see none of your instruments. Looking down to look at the camera display in the A-10 means you lose site of pretty much everything else. One has to zoom the view almost all the way out to get a realtively decent view of the cockpit.

It can be done though and without a performance hit.

Here is a video that shows my cockpit view in the A-10 in LockOn with the Triplehead2go:

Blackshark works out pretty well for me though. Defintiely no complaints on that. Here's a vid I made in BS to show a friend of mine the sim (sooo long ago lol) http://www.xfire.com/video/dfd6e/

Understood. I certainly see what you mean. I can see everything just fine with my normal LCD. I wouldn't want to fly with out seeing the rest of the cockpit either.

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At the very end you can hear that some saboteurs switched the guy's sexy voiced "Nadia" like we have in Lock On) to some... ekhm... an older one. That must have been a shock for him as well as important factor lowering his combat efficiency :D

Maybe the best they could find...I remember someone saying that squadrons usually record their own female comrades for Nadia...

I also made an edit of Lock on sound files so when I pull some serious G with AoA over limit my Nadia starts screaming for more...;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks!

You guys are the best! You just made my Christmas knowing 2.0 is coming out soon, because I have loved flying Lockon so much, but seeing BS terrain I had to buy two copies so that will work out well for me since I have two flight pods to outfit. The Warthog is my fave but sometimes you just want to shoot down some birds now and again.

Can't wait for the Hawg!

• Like 1

Maybe the best they could find...I remember someone saying that squadrons usually record their own female comrades for Nadia...

I also made an edit of Lock on sound files so when I pull some serious G with AoA over limit my Nadia starts screaming for more...;)

You're twisted ;)

• Like 1