Flyable SU-39 in LOMAC

I searched the UBI forums and found a lot of flanker mods to use the SU-39.

But a friend told me there was a mod some time ago where you could fly the SU-39 [which has better performance characteristics than the SU25]

While I'm waiting for the CD release of FC 1.1, I figured that I should polish up my skills.

Thanks

While I'm waiting for the CD release of FC 1.1, I figured that I should polish up my skills.

I was under the impression that it was already released on CD in the CIS, and would never be released on CD in the west?

All planes a flyable in 1.1 by just changing the Humancockpit"No" to Humancockpit"yes" in the meinit.xml file.

although if my memory serves me correct if the Su-39 is made flyable and you load it out with the R-77 and radar pod these are automatically jettisoned at the start of the mission. So basically your left with everything the 25T model can do.

Alfa will be able to clear this up.

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

All planes a flyable in 1.1 by just changing the Humancockpit"No" to Humancockpit"yes" in the meinit.xml file.

although if my memory serves me correct if the Su-39 is made flyable and you load it out with the R-77 and radar pod these are automatically jettisoned at the start of the mission. So basically your left with everything the 25T model can do.

Alfa will be able to clear this up.

No need to - you got it exactly right :) .

When "modding" the Su-25TM(Su-39) in V1.1 by changing the "no" > "yes", you will get the player AFM and cockpit of the Su-25T(which is identical to that of the real Su-25TM)....and in fact also the same external 3D model for it.

However, I believe the thread starter was refering to the V1.02 mod.

- JJ.

JJ

No need to - you got it exactly right :) .

When "modding" the Su-25TM(Su-39) in V1.1 by changing the "no" > "yes", you will get the player AFM and cockpit of the Su-25T(which is identical to that of the real Su-25TM)....and in fact also the same external 3D model for it.

However, I believe the thread starter was refering to the V1.02 mod.

- JJ.

For the Su-39 I have changed humancockpit="no" to humancockpit="yes", then made a tryout mission. I am not in the cokpit. Are there some files ".cmd"'s or others missing for the Su-39 to make it flyable?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

For the Su-39 I have changed humancockpit="no" to humancockpit="yes", then made a tryout mission. I am not in the cokpit. Are there some files ".cmd"'s or others missing for the Su-39 to make it flyable?

Yes the cockpit files - sorry I forgot to mention that :) .

In the ..Lockon\Bazar\World\Shapes folder, you need to copy the:

- Kabina-SU-25-GLASS.lom

- kabina-su-25t.cmd

...and then rename the copies to..

- Kabina-SU-39-GLASS.lom

- kabina-su-39.cmd

Then is should work :)

- JJ.

JJ

How about a thrust vectoring plane such as the Su-35 ;) I know it would be a challege for the design team but they could hone their skills on that bad boy.

I´d say :o .

Well not due to the thrust vectoring thing. The Su-35 doesnt have TVC - only a couple of Su-35 prototypes with this were build (and subsequently re-designated "Su-37"). Only current Flanker variant with TVC engines(AL-31FP) is the Indian airforce Su-30MKI.

However, the Su-35 has the N011M "Bars" phased array radar(which BTW it shares with the Su-30MKI), and multiple cockpit MFDs(5 IIRC), so I think that would be too big a step to take from the current situation :)

- JJ.

JJ

- Kabina-SU-25-GLASS.lom

- kabina-su-25t.cmd

- Kabina-SU-39-GLASS.lom

- kabina-su-39.cmd

- JJ.

ALFA ..... Thanks ...... thats what I was looking for. :~)

- Kabina-SU-25-GLASS.lom

- kabina-su-25t.cmd

- Kabina-SU-39-GLASS.lom

- kabina-su-39.cmd

- JJ.

How about trying to get your MiG-29K mod to work in 1.1? :) The MiG-29K is in MEinit.xml but one can nowhere select it for a mission in the mission editor

In the 1.1 demo the Su-30 can use TV-guided missiles so the MiG-29K should be able to use that too -- which was not (really) possible in the mod which you made for 1.02.

Gonna try the Su-39 now.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]