Hyperlobby Trouble

herig2

Just starter up a new computer with Windows 7 OS. I can download Hyperlobby, but when I run it, I get a error 216 at 00032C0. Doing a search I found out, its that the hard drive is over 1 TB. The hard drives I have are two, 1.5 TB in RAID0. Does anyone know how to get around this.

Thanks for any info you can give.

PS, The forums at Hyperlobby are down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right click the desktop icon

select properties

check the run as admin box

Choose "xp service pack 2(or 3)" for the compatibility mode.

You might notice that HL is also missing several textures-

Since Jiri is no longer interested in supporting HL, and has also deleted the forums for some reason- I had to dig this up from way back..

Having this missing texture problem?

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=18392&d=1216604016

To fix- you have to modify a file in the hyperlobby folder. YOu'll have to turn off UAC's or Vista may require you to copy this file to your desktop, etc to modify it. After you would then delete the old one from the folder & replace it with your modified one.

Right click the start button, and select explore:

C:\Program Files\HyperLobbyPro3\skins\default

Open the config file called SKIN with NOTEPAD. You will see several lines containing series of 3 periods [...] Anywhere you see those 3 dots, delete one of them. Yes- 2 dots should remain. [..]

Type Ctrl+H

Put [...] into the "Find what" box.

Put [..] into the "Replace with" box.

Click the "Replace all" button.

Save and close.

Thanks, but it did not work. Additional searches found other people with the same trouble. (outside of lockon) It seems that if the partition is over 1tb the error code 00032c0 pops up, during the instillation. Some people were able to do a work around it, but they did'nt work for me. Looks like I have to set up some partitions.

I'll be hitting the web sites for the know how, or see if there is any software that can do it. Went from XP to Windows 7, so I'm still in the learning curve of this OS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I purchase a program to resize the partition, resize it to under 1tb. downloaded Hyperlobby and it install. Opean it and found that I had to do the delete dot thing.

Started it up, click on Lock On, enter my ID and pasword. When I hit join the game, I now get a window saying it couldn't find the path. I put the path in it, hit save. Now I'm back at the interface, Click on, join this game, the interface disappears, just as it did in the old computer. BUT instead of Lock On starting, after about 5 sec. the Hyperlobby interface reappears.

Any Suggestions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Herig,

Copy Lock-On and Hyperlobby folders to under C:\Users\Public\

After that run the HL and set new LO folder.

That's all :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Sorry Torwak that did'nt work.

Here is what is happening.

Click on the Hyperlobby icon. The start up screen appears, with a error box on top of it. The box reads, "Unexpected error, quitting". Click on OK and it reappears, click ok again, then it goes away. Then Hyperlobby interface screen comes up, my callsign is there, I put in the password, hit connect. Everthing is normal. Click of one of the server, the info window appears. Click on Join this game. The interface window disappers. Now a error box comes up. It reads " Lockon.exe - System Error

The program can't start because Lua5.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problum." ( tried that, both Lockon and Hyperlobby ).

Click on OK the error box goes away, then Hyperlobby interface screen comes back up.

Open up the Lockon folder ( Ubisoft/Eagle Dynamics/Lock On ) and Lua5.dll is there.

Any Ideas ?

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Herig, I think Cali had same issue recently (he got Windows 7 64bit also) and what you have to do is right click on HL icon... go to properties, in Advance tab check that "Run as Administrator" box is ticked... save and try like that... also I think you shold do the same for all shortcuts/exe you install/run.

No longer active in DCS...

Herig, I think Cali had same issue recently (he got Windows 7 64bit also) and what you have to do is right click on HL icon... go to properties, in Advance tab check that "Run as Administrator" box is ticked... save and try like that... also I think you shold do the same for all shortcuts/exe you install/run.

Don't everyone know this by now when you install a program you must authorize it as run as administrator. right click program icon/ click on properties/ click on advanced tab/ check mark the run as administrator/ click apply/ click ok/ now all should be well again..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

obviously not ;) Would you be readin up on all of the issues etc on some OS yuo don't have and are not even worth considering buying? I know I didn't care about UAC etc untill I had to deal with it :D

No longer active in DCS...

Been starting it with run administrator, but I did'nt know about the box in properties. I check it, now the unexpected error box is gone. But I still get the Lua5.dill missing error box, and Lua5.dill is listed in the program.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:cry:

you guys installing this under a diffrent partition?

such as i.e. C:\Games\programs(x86)

and not C:\Programs\ :huh:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Those are not different partitions Mastiff, just different directory's.

BTW, installing under anything else then the standard installation directory should always work. I never install anything under C:\Programs.... unless i don't have the option to install it anywhere else. In fact, i don't even install anything on the C-drive at all.

Windows gives priority to .dll files that are installed under the instaldirectory over his own .dll's in the system dir.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!