Mission Editor - Hot Tips

MadTommy

Generaly speaking:

It can be easily done. I see a problem with different message for every pilot. You can choose display message to coalition, all or nation. If you want to have different message to each pilot then every pilots must be from different coalition (2 players) or nation ( more players)

When pilot reach the start zone then do: Increase flag 1 by 10 every second. (This will provide time measurement with accuracy on 1 decimal position). Thenn you create triggers if mission time > 10, show message for nation: Your time is flag 1.

When pilot reach finish you stop increasing flag 1.

He will see for example: your time is 315 which means: 31,5 s.

This is not correct. Triggers are run 1 time every second. So one time every second, your flag would have a value of 10 added to it. It would be no more precise than incrementing by 1.

Really, an air race mission begs for implementation via the Simulator Scripting Engine (SSE). Using Lua, you can, for example, get precise times with timer.getTime, and create functions that very rapidly check conditions with timer.scheduleFunction.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

This is not correct. Triggers are run 1 time every second. So one time every second, your flag would have a value of 10 added to it. It would be no more precise than incrementing by 1.

Really, an air race mission begs for implementation via the Simulator Scripting Engine (SSE). Using Lua, you can, for example, get precise times with timer.getTime, and create functions that very rapidly check conditions with timer.scheduleFunction.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, with regards to the scriptin thingy, I have no idea whats going on there.

Will stick to flags I think, gonna be a hell of a lot of work tho!

Thanks for the advice

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

• 1 month later...

For those who want to check the player's radio frequency selection, the A-10C and P-51D are provided with special parameters for the radios that can be checked using the COCKPIT PARAMETER EQUAL TO/COCKPIT PARAMETER IN RANGE trigger conditions.

For A-10C, the parameters are:

VHF_AM_FREQ

VHF_FM_FREQ

UHF_FREQ

For P-51D:

VHF_AM_FREQ

The frequencies are entered in hertz, such as 131.000000, 42.250000, 255.575000.

Remember, the A-10C UHF radio must be set to MNL mode to manually set frequencies.

Example mission attached with A-10C radio settings checked by triggers.

RADIO.miz

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Is there ANY way t oalter the coalitions after creating the mission? I know the units in countries which moved will be deleted, but its not a problem now.

But I can't even see any GUI solutions to edit coalitions after the mission is created.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

There is no way.

There was a way using a mod but this was ages ago and is not working anymore.

I've tried it the hard way and extracted the mission file, changed the coalition list according to this, BUT DIDN'T WORK. Should it? If not, where is the coalition hardcode? Impossible is no answer for me sorry :) I'll go down to binaries if I have to.

["coalitions"] = 
   {
       ["blue"] = 
       {
           [1] = 11,
           [2] = 8,
           [3] = 13,
           [4] = 5,
           [5] = 16,
           [6] = 6,
           [7] = 15,
           [8] = 12,
           [9] = 9,
           [10] = 10,
           [11] = 3,
           [12] = 4,
           [13] = 2,
       }, -- end of ["blue"]
       ["red"] = 
       {
           [1] = 17,
           [2] = 0,
           [3] = 1,
       }, -- end of ["red"]
   }, -- end of ["coalitions"] 

0	Russia
1	Ukraine
2	USA
3	Turkey
4	UK
5	France
6	Germany
8	Canada
9	Spain
10	The Netherlands
11	Belgium
12	Norway
13	Denmark
15	Israel
16	Georgia
17	Insurgents
18	Abkhazia
19	South Ossetia
20	Italy

Edited by 59th_LeFty

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

env.mission.coalitions doesn't really change which country is in which coalition. It *might* effect what is displayed in the briefing boxes, but that would be it.

What you are looking for is the table env.mission.coalition (note it has no "s" at the end. In there you have the tables

env.mission.coalition.blue.country

Each country has its own table containing the units within organized by group type. So you get something like this:

["coalition"] = 
   {
       ["blue"] = 
       {
           ["bullseye"] = 
           {
               ["y"] = 683857.14285714,
               ["x"] = -284857.14285714,
           }, -- end of ["bullseye"]
           ["nav_points"] = 
           {
           }, -- end of ["nav_points"]
           ["name"] = "BLUE",
           ["country"] = 
           {
               [1] = 
               {
                   ["id"] = 5,
                   ["name"] = "France",
               }, -- end of [1]
               [2] = 
               {
                   ["id"] = 16,
                   ["name"] = "Georgia",
                   ["plane"] = 
                   {
                       ["group"] = 
                       {
                           [1] = 
                           {

This is where you have to add countries. Empty countries can simply be in the format

[1] =  -- Index
               {
                   ["id"] = 5, -- id enum
                   ["name"] = "France", -- id name
               }, -- end of [1]

It is also recommended to make sure the coalitions match the coalition table.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 4 weeks later...

Updated the mission editing wiki a little bit: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS_Mission_Editor_(ME)

I added the randomization page (not done yet!)

I also plan on maintaining/organizing the scripting engine wiki stuff a bit better. Might eventually add MiST documentation to it in addition to the PDF documentation Speed and I include with releases, but that is a substantial project on its own. Not to mention I need to work on the new iteration anyways.

Just add a ")" to that URL posted by Grimes above. His link didn't have it.

Here it is, in its correct form:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS_Mission_Editor_(ME)

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Just read through it... and it served to reinforce many of things I knew while also putting a different tilt on the randomization triggers. I hadn't been applying them at ALL the way I should have been- I think that's excellent!

That just gives me one more excuse to start another mission lol.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Any way to randomize the location of ground unit group waypoints or get them to loop? I'm thinking of something like the nifty "patrol" function in ARMA.

i5-2500K @4.2 GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX460s in SLI | 1TB HDD (internal) | 1TB HDD (external via eSATA) for FRAPS recording | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals | TrackIR5 | 50" LG monitor

Any way to randomize the location of ground unit group waypoints or get them to loop? I'm thinking of something like the nifty "patrol" function in ARMA.

The next version of Mist will have something like that. Although patrol is a little more tricky, I do have a WIP script that can do it.

With the scripting engine you can change ground waypoints for all AI types except for ships.

No I am talking about giving AI a new "mission task" via scripting which is a whole new set of waypoints. It is similar to using Combined Arms to order groups around, but its done via script.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I was just curious if it was possible to "re-spawn" a group. I have a group with LATE ACTIVATION selected. I activate them when a plane enters a trigger zone. Once they're all dead, and all planes have left the zone, I used "DEACTIVATE" for the group that was destroyed. When a plane enters the trigger zone again, I "ACTIVATE GROUP" but they don't spawn again. I know the trigger itself is working, because I have a message at each stage (destroyed, deactivated, activated) for testing purposes.

Is this not possible?

Thanks!

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• 2 weeks later...

I really need help from ED Team!!!

I am making mission for UH-1H. I have a total of 20 objects, ground units and Trigger zones (for NDB navigation) that use trigger.action.radioTransmission. Each with its own audio file. This is small audio files (Morse code for NDB), converted to OGG. There is one problem! If I have only five transmission sources, units or trigger zones in any combination it is work perfect. As soon as I add any additional object with the function trigger.action.radioTransmission, previous five stop working and transmit audio file (loop mode). If I remove the sixth transmitting object, everything starts to work fine.

I have a question - how to increase the number of objects (trigger zones and units), which can use a trigger.action.radioTransmission? Currently works only five, and needs 20.

Edited by airwar

• 2 weeks later...
How to place static Su-33 on a carrier?

If not possible, can the feature be added?

They have to be an AI flight that lands there, and they will disappear after 30 minutes. Aside from that, it isn't possible. If it gets added depends on what changes are made whenever carrier ops improves.

• 3 weeks later...

I´m in the process of building a mission involving JTAC. The thing is that the JTAC won´t spot its targets. I have no problems contacting them, but they just respond that they don´t have any more tasking availible for me. I have confirmed they have Line of Sight. In advanced waypoint actions I´ve set the JTAC to:

FAC - Assign Group ---> Mark WP ---> Weapon Auto

At 3,1 NM in LOS, in daylight.

I´ve tried a few times now, to make them spot their targets...but to no success, and the only thing that I can think of that causes this is:

- I´m only armed with training munitions?

- Is 3,1 NM to far away in LOS?

- Maybe FAC - Assign Group isn´t the right method?

- The target is a single T-55, with ROE Hold Fire

- The JTAC is a M1043 Armed HMMWV

Hope somebody can help me straight things out!

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS