"Russian military denies existence of new 'super-tank"

zakobi

Mr.Voitov told us that there was no military program involving Black Eagle. That was just a project designed by Omsk Transmash bureau, they had their intentions, but military didn't accept them. And yes, that statement sounds strange, since we saw the thing riding in the field during exhibitions. Basically, that was not a tank in its complete shape, just a project.

Hmm... while reading on Wikipedia about the T-95 (some says it will feature a remote controlled turret), i found this:

... Another recent Russian prototype tank, the Black Eagle tank built by Omsk Transmash, appears to have been built only for the export market, not for Russian forces. In a recent editorial a Russian engineer stated that the T-95 is currently being tested and will begin entering service with the Russian army in 2009.

BTW, I've found some info that might explain why the Hermes ATGM flies with supersonic speed. It's about the Drozd system:

... to detect incoming rounds travelling between 70 and 700 m/s (to avoid engaging small arms or other faster projectiles).

BTW, I've found some info that might explain why the Hermes ATGM flies with supersonic speed. It's about the Drozd system:

But recent generation APS also have the capability to deflect kinetic penetrators... So it's still about shortening the laser illumination period.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: