Starforce acceptance and results  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Starforce acceptance and results

• DL it and I'm Pleased so far
    • DL it and I've had minor issues
    • DL it and I've had problems
    • May DL soon if I'm sure Starforce is OK
    • Will not DL because of Starforce

waiting for a answer to the activation/reinstall issue. May end up buying Naturalpoint CD if it proves to be less hassle.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I will buy the CD version ... when avail. But, I am definately anti-starforce.

*I'm not against companies protecting their products, against illegal distribution.

*I'm 100% in favor of supporting ED and any future developments relating to flight sims.

*I'm not for illegal software distribution of any kind.

*I am strongly against, utilizing protection methods that have the potential to damage expensive computer equiptment in the process. And, I am against any software company installing hidden, disguised drivers on my system that have the potential of tracking what is done on my privately owned equiptment.

*Starforce has crossed the line bigtime and I support their &$*%!@.

Bought it - downloaded it - NO problems.

Hope they sort out the 5 activation thing though - I wanna be able to activate as often as I like - or maybe they limit it to 5 / month or something ?

Congrats ED - it looks superb.

Ill get it once SF is not used on it.

I dont want 3rd party crap on my computer that u cant even remove.

ED shoulda thought of this before...

IMO bad move on the SF protection and worse move on the activations 5 times thing...

You dont get anything Solid and u pay 35 bucks for it..

Bs dont need it.

The pool is not clear.

The first option means the person is pleased with Starforce or Flaming Cliffs???

I'm sure most people are pleased with FC, it's an awesome addon no doubt.

There should be an option:

DL although I disagree with Starforce.

Many people love the game and prefer to live with the activation thing than live without FC. That doesnt mean they agree with the system.

---

As I posted over on the Ubi forums:

I've got the DVD version of SHIII and downloaded FC. Both with Starforce copy protection.

Both installed flawlessly and run perfectly.

Same here....

The poll got locked this time so we can't see if anyone might be trolling the poll.

Won't be buying it

I won't be buying the product until the 5 activation limit is removed. If I can get hold of a cd version that doesn't have this limit I will definately be buying.

Bad marketing strategy. Nothing more, nothing less. Penalise the honest guy.

• Like 1

No pole is perfect so I answered “wont DL because of SF”.. I only care about the 5 times activation so I’m waiting for the CD version … however if the CD version has a limited install as well then I guess I’ll give in and buy it but at least I’ll have a hard copy.. not much of a consolation but better than nothing.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

This was my problem and i wrote to SF:

About LockOn 1.1 Flaming Clifts

This evening as I was playing an Internet session with my virtual squad buddies, I was turning the cockpit lights ON and OFF and all of a sudden I was not able to see any of my gauges with the cab lights ON. I decided to reinstall the game and upon the re-installation, when I first clicked on the lock On 1.1 short cut, Star Force prompted me for a new activation! So I lost one of my activation just by reinstalling the game!

That is not how it is suppose to work.

I need you to please take my case in consideration and return one of my activation’s back!

I am a loyal customer and fully support Star Force Protection scheme!

AND THIS IS THER ANSWER !!!

Hello,

Do you have any error messages or the game just asks for serial number? Actually, the registration data is stored in the windows registry and should not be affected by the uninstallation. We cannot add activations to the serial numbers.

Best regards.

------------------------------------

Lev Boiarsky

Customer Support Group

StarForce Technologies

Damn good old starforce. So then, how exactly are you going to get more activations after all are used up? Suppose they will issue a new serial number? Holding off on FC till starforce is removed.

It is really a bummer I really wanted to play FC. But, you shouldn't have to do 50 things to install a game and another 7 pages of reading to activate starforce. I want to install/play. That is how any other game works. Thanks to starforce that just isnt possible for alot of people.

I dont demand that they remove copy protection. Just wished SF wasnt so agressive and buggy.

Im awaiting for CD version too.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

My experience with starcrap...

changed X-45 drivers... starcrap came up and asked me to activate

changed ATI drivers....starcrap came up and asked me to activate

started my computer with a different joystick plugged in to usb ...starcrap came up and asked me to activate

I killed it each time by hitting my reset key and afterward FC started fine no starcrap bugging me .

If the reset thing didn't work I would be down 3 activations ...

This renting out of games doesn't "do it" for me , I want to be able to use a game I bought whenever I want . Even if it's years in the future and starcrap has gone the way of the dodo bird.

The only reason I still bought it despite starcrap was to encourage ED , who have provided me with many many hours of fun.

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Holding off from buying untill the CD version or Starforce is removed. Mind you all, I bought 2 copy of the original LockOn when it first came out just to support the developer. I think Starforce is bad solution. A better solution would be have the use signed in over the internet with ED every time start FC.

Ryke those are the kind of issues that stop me from buying the game. That and starforce itself seem to like to overide your IDE drivers or cdrom if it finds anything "supspicious" on your computer. Nero ect ect. Hell, the starforce developers even BRAG about this on there site. Like its not a crime to overide someones system with this crap.

My experience with starcrap...

changed X-45 drivers... starcrap came up and asked me to activate

changed ATI drivers....starcrap came up and asked me to activate

started my computer with a different joystick plugged in to usb ...starcrap came up and asked me to activate

I killed it each time by hitting my reset key and afterward FC started fine no starcrap bugging me .

If the reset thing didn't work I would be down 3 activations ...

This renting out of games doesn't "do it" for me , I want to be able to use a game I bought whenever I want . Even if it's years in the future and starcrap has gone the way of the dodo bird.

The only reason I still bought it despite starcrap was to encourage ED , who have provided me with many many hours of fun.

Ouch man, SF ask you to reactivate for a new video/hotas drivers? How the hell is this considered 40%+ hardware change?....Now im kind of worried to change my drivers (either video, or hotal also).

Will have to ghost my HD before attempting such a replication of a bug. I dont want to loose and activation also.