Spammer

JG14_Smil

Especially since every time you use that function, me and the other mods get an e-mail. So if you use that thing and we don't do anything about it we'll suffer a spammed inbox. :P

But yes, report post is the best way, since even if we are off doing something else the "You've got mail" bleep might cause us to look over to the other machine and notice that lunch break is over. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

^^^^

Plugin would help you.

Spammers do one thing - always - they write all post with same text. Plugi would automatically ban these people. If there are example 3 same posts it MUST be spammer. And bot ban him automatically, without any mod stress of full mail inbox :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

If there are example 3 same posts it MUST be spammer.

You'd be surprised... :D

But yes, the idea is sound.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You'd be surprised... :D

^^^^

As far I haven't met yet anyone who has written exactly same few posts and was human :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I have, but I deleted two of the copies. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You should think about such plugin guys 'cuz spammers are very active lately. Why they do it by the way? If I see advert like these I definately won't use such advised service - never ever.

Two reason AFAIK;

1. Some people DO actually check it out - and buy items via the refferals.

2. Link refferals through search engines. If many sites reffer to their own sites, they may get higher scores in the search engines - closer to the top.

(Google partially work like that).

EDIT - a third one;

3. Possible "sweatshop" activity - they get paid per post they are able to post. (Humans are often hired to get around the whole registering process - the GD-check).

Edited by Panzertard
  • Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

EDIT - a third one;

3. Possible "sweatshop" activity - they get paid per post they are able to post. (Humans are often hired to get around the whole registering process - the GD-check).

Been having those around lately......the 'Low-Profile Trolls' or Intellobots :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'