Win7x64 FFB2 Force pulls right after trimming

Hi everybody. I've just installed Win7 (x64) on my pc and everything works fine so far. BS is the first and only game installation (SIM, sorry). It loads and starts without any problems. The only thing that doesn't work as it should is my MS FFB2-Joystick. after disengaging the trim button, the FF pulls my joystick to the right so that I have to apply some counterforce to keep the heli stable. Pressing the trim button again and holding it makes this issue disappear, I have'nt had this before. Has anyone experienced this problem, too and does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance.

I have to add that after the clean install of BS I applied the "c"-patch. So i guess no mistake made here.

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

I think you have to change the "central position trimmer mode" in the gameplay menu of game options. Default is for non-FFB joy so deselect it and try again.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I think you have to change the "central position trimmer mode" in the gameplay menu of game options. Default is for non-FFB joy so deselect it and try again.

I know the trick with the new trim implementation. I think I've solved it by changing the tuning the ff and swapping axes. Let me gimme a try first.

Yepp. I finally got it. Don't ask me exactly how I did it, but it could have something to do with swapping axis and adjusting the force levels.

Thanks.

The swap axes thing has to be done with FFB2 and XP as well.. Nice to see you got it working, have been putting off installing win7 64-bit myself for fear the FFB2 would'nt work :p

Do you use it with or without the program that came on a disc with the stick? Do you know if it works without it? (I've lost that disc long ago but it works fine without it in XP)..

thx

Do you use it with or without the program that came on a disc with the stick? Do you know if it works without it? (I've lost that disc long ago but it works fine without it in XP)..

thx

It work`s fine/flawless without the software disc.:)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

The swap axes thing has to be done with FFB2 and XP as well.. Nice to see you got it working, have been putting off installing win7 64-bit myself for fear the FFB2 would'nt work :p

thx

Well, I've never had any problems neither with vista (x64), nor Win7 (x64). Works flawless.

During OS installation you can leave the stick plugged. It works immediately. One thing to take care of is: although plug&play, don't plug it in or out while your system runs. Always shut down the pc to plug or unplug the stick. Otherwise it behaves abnormal and won't work regularly. At least it was a must with Vista. Can't say if it got fixed with Win7.

Oh. I forgot. No software install necessary (it doesn't work). But if you need the software anyway, I can upload it for you.

This stick was made for eternity and you'll have fun with it for many many more years. If just MS would open their eyes and see how many people still use this stick and create some new drivers and softwares for the moders OS.

Well, I've never had any problems neither with vista (x64), nor Win7 (x64). Works flawless.

During OS installation you can leave the stick plugged. It works immediately. One thing to take care of is: although plug&play, don't plug it in or out while your system runs. Always shut down the pc to plug or unplug the stick. Otherwise it behaves abnormal and won't work regularly. At least it was a must with Vista. Can't say if it got fixed with Win7.

Oh. I forgot. No software install necessary (it doesn't work). But if you need the software anyway, I can upload it for you.

This stick was made for eternity and you'll have fun with it for many many more years. If just MS would open their eyes and see how many people still use this stick and create some new drivers and softwares for the moders OS.

Thanks alot for clearing it up for me!! :thumbup:

It's indeed made for eternity, mine is going strong since 6 yrs back I think :D

Was hoping for the G940 but I suspect I'd be dissapointed, so I'll be getting another FFB2 as backup I think :)

Thanks alot for clearing it up for me!! :thumbup:

It's indeed made for eternity, mine is going strong since 6 yrs back I think :D

Was hoping for the G940 but I suspect I'd be dissapointed, so I'll be getting another FFB2 as backup I think :)

You're welcome:thumbup:.

I have mine since it is on the market.

Keep your FFB2 but if you intend to buy another FFB joystick, go get the G940. Mine is still at the dealer and waits for me to buy it finally. I could unpack and test it at my dealer and it looks and feels quite good and I think it's worth buying. I'll keep my FFB2 as well. I have no intentions to replace it completely.

If you still want the FFB2 software anyway, just let me know.