G940 and FFB trim

I am currently using a G940 stick and after much initial frustration, returned to using non-FFB trim set to the return-to-center mode. When using this in combination with about a 15% deadzone on both X and Y axis and a wide HelicopterTrimmerZoneRudder in FMOptions.lua, I can now at least play the game very well with this stick.

Without getting into the G940 issue list (which I am well acquainted with), I'm just curious whether, after several months now, anyone who has a G940 has come up with a configuration using FFB trim that works well for them? This technique must include the ability to achieve a fast and stable hover that permits going hands-free on the stick immediately after achieving the hover, which is the single thing keeping me from using FFB trim mode on this stick.

Edited by ddahlstrom

I can't link posts with my phone but I have another thread on the G940 and a post on my settings. Works great. Holds trim through it's entire speed range. You can manipulate buttons without affecting autohover. And it flys quite well. Positive curve in pitch and negative MANUAL curve in roll. Control curves have the most direct influence on stick position after trim is released. BTW, the Sensitivity setting in the Logitech Profiler is just a control curve with 50% being a straight line. Use the smallest deadzone you can possibly handle.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.