how to record moives

maxxxem

Depends on the definition of "video" that you want.

Track files are automatically recorded - after the flight you click "save track" and you'll have a track that can be replayed through the simulator. Through being a "track" rather than an actual video it cannot be displayed by media players or uploaded to youtube.

For that purpose you need a piece of software named FRAPS. See it's website http://www.fraps.com for details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

no it is not. at least that I know of. You will need to use fraps or another video capture program to creat video files that you can grab and edit in a movie editor. For now your windows movie editor will surfice till you can aford a good program to edit with.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Isn't there also an ingame video componant which allows the user to take the tracks and make a movie of them in most existing formats? I use fraps myself but I do believe the in game software is there.

There is indeed, found in ME in the Flight tab up top.. Although most people do use FRAPS.

Scr_09-12-17_15-12-30.thumb.png.33be617fc60199177c67a2d6d9b2e0b9.png

no it is not. at least that I know of. You will need to use fraps or another video capture program to creat video files that you can grab and edit in a movie editor. For now your windows movie editor will surfice till you can aford a good program to edit with.

I meant record video from the track. Actually making the movie from various video segments and editing them is done as you mention, with a movie editor. I use Windows Movie Maker myself but then again that is because I'm not good enough to use something like Sony Vegas.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Record my video

Hello everyone, I want to know if any of you can recommend me a good program to record videos of my games to your PC.

I need a program easy to use and with good quality video.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 32,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

• ED Team
Hello everyone, I want to know if any of you can recommend me a good program to record videos of my games to your PC.

I need a program easy to use and with good quality video.

Again, i believe FRAPS is the most powerfull video capture software for the pc. I don't know this 100% of course, but it works like a breeze for me, so why shouldn't it work for others ;)

I meant record video from the track. Actually making the movie from various video segments and editing them is done as you mention, with a movie editor. I use Windows Movie Maker myself but then again that is because I'm not good enough to use something like Sony Vegas.;)

WMM is not a bad place to start making movies. once you get use to it you will want more options or find the need to have multable tracks for sound and video. Just enjoy comming up with new ideas for movies and you will learn fast what you want.

As for a movie editor you dont have to get the best editor for movie editing. There are many on the market that have many options over WMM and are still easy to use for a good price.

looking forward to seeing what you come up with. good luck. :pilotfly:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• 3 months later...
Could you tell me where can i find info on editing the default cameras in track files?

I mean when I play my track I see how I looked around. I'd like to change the looking around to custom looking around so that when I play the edited TRK I will see that custom looking around.

Just use plain F2, F3 etc - and your "personal" view will be gone.

If the mission was restricted "externals = off" you need to edit the mission + options within the .miz.trk file.

Here's my own feeble attempt when I was fresh:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42377&highlight=externalview

Remember to use Notepad++ to edit the file(s) ;)

If you need more help on the issue, post it on the forums for others to find the same questions later :)

OK. Then you exit the playback and save the edited track file to a new file. Only the part edited (viewed) will be saved in that edited track file.

Additional question. I'd like to edit some camera settings. Is there a complete guide on all the configuration files used by black shark? I know that some entries are obsolete I really don't get the configuration files structure (organization) yet.

If you want to do small, impromptu videos, X-Fire works very nicely. If you're unfamiliar, X-Fire started out as an in-game instant-messaging program, but has expanded out to taking screenshots, doing voice-chat/conferencing, taking videos (also converts them and puts them online), doing live video broadcasts, and even has a in-game web browser. It basically does everything Steam does, but more, and with almost every game.

Anyways, that is what I use a lot. All of my gaming friends use it, and if I see some business about to go down, I use a hotkey to turn on the video recorder.

If you're going to start up DCS for the sole purpose of recording video, Fraps is best for you, but I like plugging X-Fire wherever I go. Fraps will use less of your CPU and requires a million times less setup than X-Fire. If you have seen my super-casual tutorials, X-Fire is what I used. Basically I was flying around one day and thought "I could teach people how to do this" and I started recording. Mega-easy.

Edited by Waldo_II