Stuttering and 1.1

I notice much more stuttering with 1.1 than before. Note some areas IN crimea peninsula FPS are very good and NO stuttering.

But other areas (caucasus), stuttering are terrible (try F-15 mission "patrol caucasus" and you will see it), looks like terrain preload dont load the scenery from initial player´s plane location, but from a fixed point near crimea peninsula.

it´s strange over crimea peninsula fps are fantastic, but in other areas stutters are terrible.

I changed file "terrain preload around camera" in graphics.cfg to a value of 750000 (750km), with this stutters gone but loading a mission takes four-five minutes.

My comp is athlon 3400+ radeon 9800pro128mb, and 1gb ram.

Windows XP very optimized with only few programs loaded from start. I tried latest radeon drivers but nothing. With lock on 1.02 stuttering are much less notizeable

ALT+S doesnt solve problem. I believe is related with terrain preload, looks like terrain is preloaded just before start a mission from a fixed point near crimean peninsula, not from player´s plane location. In fact, flying over crimea (sevastopol area) is smooth like silk, but flying others areas like caucasus gives massive stutterings because the sim loads terrain.

• 1 month later...

man!! I am facing intense stuttering... Its only happening when I look at the ground...towards sky no stuttering. Fps seems ok...but stuttering,,,What the hell...it wasn;t there in older versions AT ALL.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

well! I do have 1 gig RAM. It was okay with 1.02 , 1.1 makes the stuttering start.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Adjusting your virtual memory and vcache helps reduce stuttering a bit. Putting terrain and effects textures CDDS into a ramdisk would also probably reduce stuttering. WinXP manages RAM and stuff pretty well, but with 1 Gig of RAM, you can steal a bit to reduce stuttering. The Effects folder can't be more than 60 mB big anyway.

Or, you can just wait for the V1.1 patch, which will probably fix that terrain loading around Crimea problem for us. FPS saving mods by the community help too.

sigzk5.jpg

thanx buddy!

will try increasing the vm size.

Actually, wait. I'm not into the specifics, but the VM uses the harddrive, or something, and when the computer accesses it, its a lot slower because its on the HD rather than RAM (or something). I'm not saying you shouldn't tweak it, but I don't think that bigger = better. Adjusting the Vcache size is much more efficient (although again, don't overdue it), since it deals with RAM rather than the HD.

I also have a nagging feeling that using a Ramdisk would reduce stuttering (but not increase overall performance), especially when all the stuttering causing elements of LOMAC (smoke, flares, explosions, shaders etc.) are copied into it. It reduces the amount of RAM available, but a 60-80 mB ramdisk shouldn't have a major impact if you have 1 Gig, especially when you can clear your RAM after shutting off LOMAC with batch scripts. If I knew how to use scripts and such, I would do it - I also have a gig of RAM.

sigzk5.jpg

lol buddy! thats off my head...I don't know what that RAM disk is.. :(

but LOCK ON 1.1 is UNPLAYABLE for me...I mean yeah my settings are high (yeah! I am greedy :P) but fps seems ok at 15+ but shuttering makes it unplayable...especially with the su 25T. Man! can u guys believe it....2 days and I haven't even been able to properly fly this bathtub . I am doing a lot of ops in the A-10...my fav gnd attack plane.

Hopefully ED can fix this shuttering. and hopefully the cat 5.6 drivers make the promised 50% performance increase...

• 3 months later...
Witchking, you need a better video card ... especially if you want the settings maxed out. The 9800 USED to be a monster. Past tense.

i couldn't agree more, going from a 9700pro to an X800XT was like night and day, even better now i've got it overclocked stable at 550/550

would also like to note that 2gig of physical RAM removes nearly all trace of stuttering, only thing i have to deal with is the FPS dropping to around 20ish :D

Witchking, you need a better video card ... especially if you want the settings maxed out. The 9800 USED to be a monster. Past tense.

Not quite...You dont need a moster card to get rid of stutering. Thats a misconception. I have a 9800 and I cant complain much about stutering. Maybe because I have AA off and only 4x AF. If it still stuters when you bring dow detail to levels like this and med/high in the game then theres something wrong elsewhere. Pepple just cant stand playing without AA these days.

Updating drivers over existing ones caused me these issues sometimes. I cured it by wiping out the old one from the registry and system completely before new one is aplyed. Right now Im using Omega CAT 5.2, newer drivers could fail to bring inprovments on cards such as these

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

Once you have a card that can deal with the shaders and so forth that LOMAC calls upon, going with a better graphics card makes very little difference. LOMAC is more CPU and memory dependent. My 9800XT made no difference in performance on my old 2.0 Gig P4 machine (I upgraded from an 8500 to a 9800XT on the same machine), but my TVM finally worked, the sun was no longer a square, and I was able to see the canopy scratches. I didn't notice any significant FPS improvement until I put the same 9800XT in a 3.4 Gig P4 machine.

WichKing.... dont be greedy turn that detail down. :)

See pic below.

If these settings dont work for you, because they should, then you must optimize your PC. Turn AA down as well.

stuttering really is a joke

people in here with med to high end machines , lockon still runs like a burst

sofa ,really is a shame...........

Like I said, it only hapens if people are unwilling to make compromises. A few right tweaks and the stutters are gone.

If you have a second hard drive use swap file on it. Theres a great ustility out there to move it to the beggining of the drive:

http://goldenbow.com/VoptXP.htm

Make sure you have it set up to a fixed size of at least 2 GIG's.

My PC specs below:

Your PC should be able to get rid of stutering. What GFX drivers you have?

Use an utility to wipe them out completely from your system and use OMEGA cat's.

It has alot of nice options to fidle arround. Try lowering the Z buffer depth and enable geometry instancing.

My PC specs below: