Black Shark: Voodoo Extreme 2009 Reader's Choice Awards

Airway

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I visited media superstore to buy World of Goo - far better game than DCS Black Shark :tomato: Then I deliberately asked if DCS Black Shark, a helicopter simulation, is available. One of the staff members queried the store's system and said it's not available because the game has not been officially published in Poland and that he has never heard of it. In the mean time the other one looked it up on the internet and in a second he was like "Wow! It looks good!" I wonder if he still watches YouTube videos on DCS Black Shark... :D

In Greece it was somewhat hard to find it in the beginning but almost a month after its release we could easily find it.

I really don't think suspicions about cheating are worth the time. They've accused us of cheating, we've accused them of cheating, and a fun poll event has turned into two groups of people jealously surveilling the other's forums to see what nasty things is being said.

Bit of a spectacle and in a way amusing, but it's not quite how it should be, is it? :/

It's still fun to be one of the "russians" though. :)

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Anyway.... vote for DCS, why are you sleeping, who hasn't voted yet? :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Anyway.... vote for DCS, why are you sleeping, who hasn't voted yet? :P

*sing* It ain't me, it ain't me .... *sing* :D Uh nevermind it's just the one line that fits.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

This person is clearly not a flight simmer

It might offend some people on here

Maybe Gabe might take notice and give Eagle "an offer they can't refuse" with better copy protection service/sales platform. :music_whistling:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Have you noticed that on occasion of this voting it appears that many people thinks DCS Black Shark actually installs starforce drivers? I'm not an expert on DCS copy protection but if it doesn't install anything it might be worth highlighting this information a bit more. In official DCS Black Shark features list or sys req-s maybe.

This person is clearly not a flight simmer

It might offend some people on here

:music_whistling: I bet he'd love to play this game but found out he couldn't download it illegally off the internet :music_whistling:

Sorry about the bad behind-his-back-talk but I couldn't let this one pass.... =D

• Like 1

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

AFAIK not a single bad thing was said about KF blokes. And I'd like it to stay it this way. The mentioned "bustards" was not offensive. It was like when your buddy marry to a fine woman and you say "You lucky bastard!". It's nothing like the medieval cursing. You can quote me on that :)

I was the one who posted it, so I'm laughting really loud on these guys:megalol:

Yes, it was on the joking way of it, obviously.

If any of the Killing Floor spies/scouts see this post, get the message to reach the Killing Floor forums, will you?

"It was a joke, folks. I know that we "Russians"* are the sickest people in the world for some of you in the U.S.A., I know we're "Russians"* are only some crazy people who want to dominate the world; ask any Iraqi! Oops, said too much. Anyway, you're getting too picky about this thing, and, well, it's been quite a while since "bastard" became just an informal joke, rather than the medieval offense. Now, chill out and go play your zombie-killing game with Unreal 2 engine and weak graphics, and let us "Russians"* stick with our ultra-realistic Ka-50 with some of the best graphics there are (in terms of realism) in the flight sim world.

*"Russian", in this case, can also mean Brazillian, American, Portuguese, Norwegian, Austrian, Spanish, Australian, British, French, Italian, Belgian and other nationalities.

Now please, make this message reach them, otherwise we "Russians" will get the FSB to track you down and, believe me, you don't want the "Russian" secret service on your tail :smilewink:."

...:megalol:

In the end, I think it was great community effort here getting the votes in. Considering that DCS Blackshark is sim in a very niche genre, having that many votes and carrying the lead for as long as it did is quite a statement.

As far as the whole "cheating votes" thing - Most people who play Blackshark are older and generally operate from one computer. Sure they may have one at work, but think of how many are firwalled from gaming sites at work. God knows I am. I'm lucky to be able to see these forums.

And that's not saying that the Killing Floor votes were massivley overstated either. Each game got less than 3000 votes. That's not alot of votes in the grand scheme of gamers. Killing Floor got exposed to many more people based upon it's engine alone and it's advertising via Steam. Not my kind of game and didn't download it. Kind of got tired of the twitch-reaction based shooters in my late 20's. Now, as I reach 40, I prefer more tactical games. But props to Killing Floor and it's players. Diversity is what keeps the gaming industry from going completely under.

This has nothing to do with any nationality or geographic location. It was a reader's poll for games. For the "Russian vs _______" aspect to become a debate in the first place was out of place by the members of both communities who participated in that debacle.

I say congrats to both games and each other game in the polls. It gave them some publicity that they may not have gotten otherwise.

To the people from the Killing Floor (and Steam Forums in general), if you ever feel like something different. Hop into the cockpit of the Blackshark. The learning curve is vertical. The manual is over 500 pages. It's a heckuva change from the shoebox shooter genre and could be fun in a different aspect of gaming. Of course, what is enjoyable and good is perceptive to each individual gamer. If you need advice or help, just ask. Novices are always welcome :)

No need to bash Killing Floor the game, nor it's players. It was a PC game in a world of console ports. At least the top two were strictly PC and one of those top two was DCS :)

Edited by Total
  • Like 1

Just a few statistics:

KF has accounted for 44.1% of the votes.

Black Shark has accounted for 32.5% of the votes.

Together, these games accounted for 76.5% of the votes, or a full 3/4's of the votes.

The next game down accounted for 11% of the votes, which leaves another 12% or so to all the remaining games.

DCS has done staggeringly well in this poll.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

10 out of 9 are fooled by statistics. :P

(Actual headline of swedish popular science magazine Illustrerad Vetenskap a couple years ago.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hello I'm from the Killing Floor forums. I was like "What the hell, a simulation game beating a zombie shooter? (when the sim was winning)" at first. I posted a few comments on the forums and some people posted a few videos of the game. It's now on my list on what I should buy next :P I've come here to say that I am...frustrated with the KF community right now with how they've been acting. And I'm sorry about the idiots who left racist and hateful posts. I'm truly sorry that you have to deal with these idiots. And on top of that, I must say thanks for not attacking the KF forums yourself. You've shown great sportsmanship about this and makes me sigh at some of the bigots making a fool of themselves. On another note, good luck in the polls! -Voltali

Edited by Voltali
  • Like 1

Hello I'm from the Killing Floor forums...... It's now on my list on what I should buy next :P.....

For Kindling the Interest of even One Prospective New Flight Simmer I Dare Say that the Poll has been a Success for DCS :thumbup:

Welcome Voltali :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

^^ indeed it has. Coming second is a great achivment [with bad spelling included].

EDIT: and welcome to the otherside...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks everyone! I'm planning to buy it once I get the money (and find out where I can buy it!) A bit broke at the moment, so I will have to wait a month or two before I can get the game :( And yeah, you guys did have a very good run for a Sim. Also from what I can see, the community on these forums are very friendly, even towards someone who sided with Killing Floor ^^

• Like 2

It was just a competition for a spot on a poll ... while valuable, it's no reason for animosity :)

Everyone made jokes like 'The great zombie horde is coming! Come on Comrades, get in your Ka-50's!' ... ok admittedly that was me ;)

But I don't think there's more than a few people who scoff at other's way of having fun.

Also, welcome :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda