FC 2.0 Mission editor, triggers and SAM behaviour.

Just wondering, will it be possible to give SAM "hot" airspace surveilance corridors using any of FC2.0 new mission editor trigger feautures?

Because I was thinking that in LOMAC people place SAM's in places in order to have freindly SAM's fire over their shoulders against the enemy using these assets as ubrellas for their own attacks or a sort of sky shield to run to when in trouble, wich is not realistic.

Real SAM's have guard corridors wich usualy are avoided by allied aircraft in order to prevent friendly fire from the problems posed by IFF. IRL it isnt instantaneous. But in FC 2.0 we could still assign SAM corridors?

cheers

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

On the tactics used IRL I'm not sure I agree - though I'm not as good at today's doctrine as older conflicts like Yom Kippur and Lebanon where Egyptians and Syrians did indeed use the SAM sites and an umbrella.

But as far as I know FC2 will have similar trigger systems as DCS:BS. I'll have to defer to any Tester that feels like stopping by though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

On the tactics used IRL I'm not sure I agree - though I'm not as good at today's doctrine as older conflicts like Yom Kippur and Lebanon where Egyptians and Syrians did indeed use the SAM sites and an umbrella.

Yes, and they also shot as many friendly aircraft as the enemies.

Aircraft Violating PATRIOT corridors in the gulf war were also shot down.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's actually not as funny as you may think. SAM defense is layered, because each SAM system has different capabilities. LOFC, and in fact, most simulators will not make this evident.

A PATRIOT is a high-altitude system, where a HAWK is medium, and then you have your avengers, stingers and Rolands guarding the SHORAD area. Each system works best within the zone it was designed for, though there can be overlap.

S300's will be paired with BUKs for example, which will be covered by Tor/Strela/Igla/Tunguska, depending on the operational need and/or availability.

The typical PATRIOT corridor plan includes 6-8 PATRIOT batteries or 4 PATRIOT batteries + 4 HAWK batteries (which used to be better equipped for anti-helicopter duty IIRC) in addition to roving SHORAD.

I dare say this is far beyond the type of opposition you usually face in LOFC ;) This is for ONE corridor.

Yes I remember, there were HAWK batteries protecting the Patriot!

:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Will there be any enhancements to the triggers or will the mission editor be verbatim to what exists in 1.0.1?

Also is there any improvement to their thought processes in attacking threats? I've been doing some testing (in Black Shark with AI) and I've noticed that if more than 1 launcher exist in a sam array it will generally fire 2 missiles nearly at the same time at the exact same target. Even a lone Tor does this... it fires 2 missiles in quick succession at the same target. So far, patriots, hawk, s300, buk, and kub all act like this. And if you have a seperate group enter the sam threat range at a different angle the first group of AI can keep the site busy enough for the 2nd group to take the site out with guns. A S-300 site of 6 launchers vs 4 unarmed F-16s at medium altitude was able to waste all of its missiles in 7 minutes time. Every F-16 survived the onslaught of missiles. Suffice to say the S-300 did have 1 success, it was able to shoot down its own missile by colliding with another missile from a nearby launcher. Keep in mind this is AI not flying at 10m, but rather medium high altitudes.

As with LockOn multiplayer. I tend to think a sam site umbrella is better suited than setting up sam corridors. Area denial seems to work best for the medium/long range systems and having shorads/medium sams near ground attack target areas to give them a threat.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

PA, can you draw a simple map in paint how the SAMs should be placed in such a corridor and also include the airbases. I would like to know what you mean/want to see...

@Grimes: I noticed this to and it will be a real mess in MP when your AD is out of missile after one attack... :huh:

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Real SAM's have guard corridors wich usualy are avoided by allied aircraft in order to prevent friendly fire from the problems posed by IFF. IRL it isnt instantaneous. But in FC 2.0 we could still assign SAM corridors?

cheers

It's the opposite: GBAD has a corridor sytem which friendly aircraft should adhere to in addition to SIF/IFF.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]