DCS: Black Shark Campaign Voting!

Wags

DCS: Black Shark Campaign Voting!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. DCS: Black Shark Campaign Voting!

• Dogs of War
    • Geogrian Havoc

• ED Team

Hello everyone! For the next month we will now vote on what you feel is the best third party campaign created for DCS: Black Shark. You can download the campaigns from these links:

Georgian Havoc

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=48328

Dogs of War

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=809510&postcount=94

Good luck to the two contenders. If there are others I missed, please PM me.

Happy New Year,

Matt

One thing to note. The Dogs of War campaign has quite a bit of randomization within the missions so if you go through the missions once, odds are they will NOT be quite the same the next time through so you should probably play through the campaign twice to get full effect. This should give the campaign high usage in regards to replay value.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

wags, this poll is not entirely fair - some people may vote for friends etc and also because they have only played one campaign of the two. I expected there to be some sort of judging panel etc

See the first page of

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43761

In the quote by Waggs he states

" We will judge the campaigns based on a combination of a community poll and an Eagle evaluation. Things like localization, briefings, game play, scripting, and balance of fun/realism will all be factored.".

That indicates that the poll is only part of the overall determination.

Salute!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Uhm one Campaign is a single player and one is a multiplayer?!

I o not think that they really can be comapred to each other...

Yes, I also think so.

It is too bad that only 2 campaigns applied for the competition!

I guess that probably a lot of teams started to work on their campaigns when the competition was announced, but since it is really complicated and time demanding to finish a good mission and not to talk about a good campaign – they quit their projects.

Anyway I would like to use this opportunity to wish “Dogs of War” team all the best from “Georgian Havoc” team! Maybe in future we can work together on some other project. :)

Salute!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I also think so.

I also agree. It is like comparing "apples" and "oranges", both are fruits, but the comparison ends there.

It is too bad that only 2 campaigns applied for the competition!

I'll second that. At least we have two for the community to enjoy. :)

... but since it is really complicated and time demanding to finish a good mission and not to talk about a good campaign ....

Boy! You can say that again!! There were a few points that we weren't sure about completing our campaign. It does take a lot to put missions and campaigns together. A lot more than we thought at the outset of the competetion.

Anyway I would like to use this opportunity to wish “Dogs of War” team all the best from “Georgian Havoc” team! Maybe in future we can work together on some other project. :)

Salute!

Thank you sir! The "Dogs of War" team extends the same warm wishes to all of thoe "Georgian Havoc" team!

There is no doubt that both teams have leaned much about the ME and "tricks of the trade" and all would benefit from such an effort! :)

Salute!!

:beer:

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

On the fact that there were only two entries for the campaign competition.

Given that the game's English Boxed version hasn't even been out for a year, meaning that the most community members that are interested in creating a campaign/mission aren't that familiar with the Editor, the fact that we have two campaigns with such good quality is incredible.

Yeah, it would be better to have 10 or 20 entries with such quality but would that be possible. Remember that both teams put a great efforts to build these campaigns.

Good luck to both of you!

• Like 1

I still need to play through both campaigns so give this poll more time ;)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I think that both of the campaigns were GREAT! I couldn't vote for one or the other but I'm sorry to say that Georgian Havoc is easier to come around to playing because of being single player. The concept of a multiplayer campaign is wonderful and I totally love it, but never ever find the time to play with friends unfortunately.. =(

I'd like for both to be the best of each category. :thumbup:

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Given that both groups have provided quality campaigns for both single player and multiplayer, we've decided to award first prize to both teams. Congratulations!

Please have your team leaders contact me via PM.

Well done guys!

• Like 1

Wags,

That is very generous of TFC and Eagle Dynamics. :thumbup:

I would like to thank TFC, Eagle Dynamics, yourself and all the others behind the scenes that made this contest possible. Hopefully the community will enjoy both campaigns for a long time to come.

I would also like to congratulate the “Georgian Havoc” team for an excellent campaign. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

Salute! :beer:

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

----------------

AKA_Clutter

I'm a n00b. Georgian Havoc looks awesome. Should I wait for version 1.1 to come out before I try it or should I just replace mission 4 and mission 15 as specified in the post?

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Clutter. Does this mean I can stop playtesting our missions for a little bit and dodging all those ATGMs? My helo is getting awfully tired. :)

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Uh .... .... .... NO!

More updates to Dogs of War campaign to come soon!

Things to come are ....

mission tweaks, two new missions (one is just an intro), and ... .... linking of the missions.

Besides Topgun I KNOW how much you LOVE dogging those missiles!!!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Yeeeeeheeeeeee!!!!! :pilotfly:

Thank you TFC, ED, Wags!

Special thanks to all who participate in testing of v1.0 and gave so detailed Spoiler reports. With your help v1.1 is coming soon! :)

Congratulations to Dogs of War team, I’m looking forward to try your campaign with my virtual squadron mates (now we are a bit busy!).

S!

:beer:

I'm a n00b. Georgian Havoc looks awesome. Should I wait for version 1.1 to come out before I try it or should I just replace mission 4 and mission 15 as specified in the post?

Thank you StrongHarm! :)

I would suggest that you wait for v1.1 since it will have many changes to better. But if you are too impatient, you can change only those missions and go with it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]