Mission Editor Features Request Wishlist

Grimes

Wish...i don‘t know if earlier asked. Groundcrew. How cool it wil be there is be realy groundcrew to arm, rearm, fuel and repair your aircraft. What do you think about this idea? Not only planes but groundcrew to do services at your aircraft too.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it wasn't already asked.

Layers.

Customizable layers just like Photoshop (don't laugh). We could create an unlimited number of layers cleverly named and we could assign units to them thus making far easier to work with complex missions.

i'm not laughing ---- that is actually a brilliant idea

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A couple other people have mentioned this but I agree completely that this needs to be put back into or added to the editor. It used to be or maybe still is for Lockon so I've never understood why not in DCS World. Even a small thumbnail view of the unit color scheme and loadout would be helpful and would be a huge time saver. Currently you have to go into the mission and cycle through all the units.

Regarding mission editor.

I wish while picking vehicles from drop down list there would be a small thumbnail picture of particular unit. It would make it easier for new comers with building their first missions.

Also random dynamic weather

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello, I didn't read all pages sorry if this was already posted :music_whistling:

A very simple feature that could be added to the list:

From this example:

I'm editing a MiG-21's loadout, I select "Fighter Sweep" to see what's available, and ... my aircraft is now a Bf-190K4 :hmm:

This is because the role I selected is not available for the MiG-21.

So, making red, or blocking the roles not available for a given aircraft would be a neat little feature ;)

• 1 year later...

Blimey, where do I start?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=161289

I'm also longing for greater environment and weather control, cloud type, better control of cloud density, control over precipitation and severity, thunderstorms, wind sheer, sea states etc etc etc as well as for some control of weather change over time (I'm thinking along the lines of ARMA 3's weather system here, like initial weather conditions and final weather conditions with a time period between each one).

Something else that I have literally been dying for is for units to actually have a top down silhouette of the unit I'm placing at a certain zoom level (so it would have the current icons system and then once you zoomed right in you should be able to see at least an accurate silhouette of the thing you're placing) in would make things 10000x easier when constructed an FOB, infantry groups, vehicle groups, FARPS or anything requiring accurate and precise placement - I mean trying to construct a proper, precise perimeter wall out of containers will probably drive you mad because you can't see them when you're editing, having a silhouette as bare minimum would pretty much eradicate this problem.

Obviously the holy grail is a 3D mission editor, something like the 3D EDEN Editor we get with ARMA 3. As at the moment if you want to set up a decent looking, well made FARP/FOB you'll probably place the stuff down, hit fly now, inspect, change, and repeat like 90000 times which is very, VERY time consuming and annoying... I have tonnes of ideas for massive missions but I don't want to create them atm because it would just take 4 years, which for a suitable 3D editor would only take me a matter of minutes...

I'd also love lots and lots more static objects, different FARP layouts (1 pad, 2 pad, etc) different colour/camouflage schemes for static objects, remodelled current static objects. Static objects that our specific to certain countries (USA command centre looks different to a Russian one for instance). Have the ordnance/resource storage for the ground units/static objects that don't have them at present.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Didn't saw this thread before, here's my post from another one https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2968219&postcount=7

• Aa - Editor: Airfield runway separation and landing/takeoff direction
  • Ab - Separating "Runway" spawn point into A and B slots, 25 A & 25 B, labels on map
  • Ac - Separating multiple runways from eachother, opening free slots for each runway on each end. Currently multiple aircraft get stacked on the same GUI point when Runway point is chosen.
  • B - Editor: Ability to specify Circle Radius for AI Orbit path task. Orbit marked on map as a subitem of the specific waypoint, similarly to how an additional yelow line for bombing and attack displays that's only visible while editing that specific waypoint.
  • C - Editor: Ability to specify width and rotation (using heading) of the for AI
  • D - Editor: Ability to specify which end of the runway to use for AI landing.
  • E - Editor: Ability to specify "CARRAR" Type Landing Waypoint for AI. Continue after repair rearm and refuel, so the next waypoint specified is going to be just like taking off, but with the use of properly selecting which end of the runway to use for landing the ETA could be more accurately calculated.
    The use of this would help with some background flights such as AWACS and Tankers, making sure they go to the proper airfield intended and go back to a specific path that was intended by the mission builder, (also I see big planes taking small airfields and they just disappear at the end)
  • F - Editor: Ability to optionally select which Runway&Side to takeoff from when using Takeoff From Runway (default: Auto)
  • Ga - Editor: Ability to change waypoint parameters for all waypoints at once, A button "Apply For All WPTs", applying either height, avg speed, type of waypoint, to all the waypoints that exist for that unit.
  • Gb - The "Apply to All" button should come with a confirmation dialog because this is way to risky to be considered okay for accidential press.
  • H - Editor: The right panel should be resizable for width, or default increased a bit, to accomodate extra few characters that usually get cut off, I moved to 1440p a week ago, not gonna hurt that much to lose a few pixels of map viewport.
  • Ia - Editor: Original Path Inheritance, Ability to specify (checkbutton) whether to inherit the existing path when copying unit groups, only adjusting the position of the SP where the mouse button is located, and offseting DP in relation to how much SP was offset, path is fully recreated, it just follows all the original waypoints (technically maybe just some small decimal diff to avoid tech problems, too little to notice on biggest zoom.)
  • Ib - Additionally, a feature that can be separate to this could be made if possible without total overhaul, to move waypoints in-sync with the selected one in a determined radius which can be adjusted, this would help in this case where the original path would have to be adjusted, adjusting each waypoint that is now on-top could be extremely time consuming and impossible if the adjustments required would be too small for the maximum zoom and GUI scaling.

I like the silhouette idea at high zoom levels. Thumbnails may become hoggy when there's a ton of them but I probably won't complain with my new GPU now, still it should be an option to turn off or on, not even as a performance option, but as a visual and clarity one.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Didn't saw this thread before, here's my post from another one https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2968219&postcount=7

I like the silhouette idea at high zoom levels. Thumbnails may become hoggy when there's a ton of them but I probably won't complain with my new GPU now, still it should be an option to turn off or on, not even as a performance option, but as a visual and clarity one.

With a 3D editor, the path of the AI planes can be plotted precisely, which would enable the code to more accurately predict ETA times and Fuel Consumption/Remaining at particular waypoints.

For me a 3D editor would be a dream come true.

Oh and with the silhouette idea, we already have some for airbases, you should be able to see RADARs, foglights, those searchlight trucks, so it shouldn't really be too much hassle, plus there only visible beyond specific zoom levels so yeah...

Very nice ideas from your post too :thumbup:

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Obviously the holy grail is a 3D mission editor, something like the 3D EDEN Editor we get with ARMA 3. As at the moment if you want to set up a decent looking, well made FARP/FOB you'll probably place the stuff down, hit fly now, inspect, change, and repeat like 90000 times which is very, VERY time consuming and annoying... I have tonnes of ideas for massive missions but I don't want to create them atm because it would just take 4 years, which for a suitable 3D editor would only take me a matter of minutes...

Heh, Jane's Fighters Anthology had the ability to switch into the 3D game mode to see exactly where something was being place, and the ability to move that object around while in that mode. Kinda sad when a 20+ year old game has some better map editing features than something from today.

Please provide the option in the mission builder to provide a debriefing text at mission completion, i.e. the option for mission designers to put in a custom debrief text dependent on mission outcome - like the briefing text at the start.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Heh, Jane's Fighters Anthology had the ability to switch into the 3D game mode to see exactly where something was being place, and the ability to move that object around while in that mode. Kinda sad when a 20+ year old game has some better map editing features than something from today.

There was (is?) a mod that allows this with 2 instances of DCS running - can't remember what it was called though. What you did in the editor was viewable in realtime in the game world.

Nate

Please provide the option in the mission builder to provide a debriefing text at mission completion, i.e. the option for mission designers to put in a custom debrief text dependent on mission outcome - like the briefing text at the start.

+100 for this, very basic stuff is still missing.

And my dead horse: just make brifings etc use full screen. :music_whistling:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If grass airfields would work please, only helipads did for me.

And an editor silhuette outline for such object, as well as buildings, helipad is way larger than I thought it would be.

EDIT: oh sorry it was mentioned in the newsletter back in 2016

Unpaved airfields. This feature will provide the ability to place additional, small airfields on flat ground surfaces via the Mission Editor. Such airfields were used by all sides in World War II for refuelling, emergency, and dummy airfields.

But they won't be able to be longer more than like 1KM right? , I guess meant for WW2 units, I guess realism takes over, otherwise it would be cheating, but well it would still be fun trying emergency landing with modern planes on them, mud and dirt GFX effects would be cool, if it's raining.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

There was (is?) a mod that allows this with 2 instances of DCS running - can't remember what it was called though. What you did in the editor was viewable in realtime in the game world.

Nate

I found this earlier today,

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Runway Specific Waypoint-Path Rerouting Slots

Runway Specific Waypoint-Path Rerouting Slots

This would be a purely mission editor specific cosmetic enhancement for the purposes of clearness. This should have no effect on the AI aircraft operation in the actual game.

In addition but separate to my previous idea about Runway Specific Start Slots the parked aircraft would be able to select the runway from which they will take off, the aircraft would have to simply wait until the runway is clear.

The following feature in this post would be using a separate but supplementary Mission Editor and F10 Map View bonus feature and it whould only provide a esthetical and helper function inside the Mission Editor and would have no function in the actual simulator.

What will this feature use does not exist, so that's a peresquite that would need to be supported first. And that is the ability to select from which runway the aircraft will takeoff from while it's starting from a parking lot. Currently you can select the PRK slot from which the AI aircraft starts. Also the way runways in aviation function, 1 takeoff and landing strip is actually treated as 2 runways, 1 from each direction, so that's how the selection should be designed, you select a runway and you would be able to choose from all the possible takeoff cases in a given airfield.

---------------------

---------------------

THE WPRS FEATURE:

Instead of waypoint path lines connecting the source aircraft and it's first waypoint, they should be rerouted closer to the area where the aircraft actually is able to start turning to the way it is supposed to go. So I came up with this Waypoint Path Rerouting System and I just illustrated the idea with these slots being at the end of each runway, they could be farther out if it it'll look and feel right, one of the biggest benefits of this feature is that it supplements the earlier ideas I had about the ability to select specifically from which runway to takeoff AIs while starting from whichever parking slot, as it is much easier to see without having to check the airplane's details.

rGawkZZ.png

------------------------------

And this is how it is currently:

qAT2lPU.png

Modifications and updates to my previous idea!

The addition of the above idea would require some renamings to the existing system and my previous idea be more clear.

The initial idea is here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2968219&postcount=7

Below I will revise the system to be in coherence with my latest thoughts.

EXISTING WAYPOINT KINDOFS:

• Turning Point
  • Flyover Point
  • Takeoff from runway
  • Takeoff from ramp
  • Takeoff from parking lot [(GUI scale too small to fit)]
  • Landing

BTW: "Takeoff from parking lot"

Does not fit into current GUI scale.

205Alpha has a typo - "Takeoff from parking hot"

EXISTING RENAMED:

• Turning Point
  • Flyover Point
  • Start from runway
  • Start from ramp
  • Start from parking lot
  • Landing

New Options for START FROM RUNWAY:

• RWY:
    • auto
    • 1L
    • 1R
    • etc

[*]Tickbox for "Cold Start" (disabled by default)

New Options for START FROM PARKING LOT:

• PRK:
  • Takeoff From Runway - RWY: (prerequisite for WPRS)
    • auto
    • 1L
    • 1R
    • etc

[*]Tickbox for "Warm Start" (disabled by default)

New Options for LANDING:

• PRK:
  • Land on Runway - RWY:
    • auto
    • 1L
    • 1R
    • etc

Edited by Worrazen

• 2 months later...
Now the mission editor seriously needs some upgrade to manage that.

Good point.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi there, I'm in the middle of a 1961 campaign and I'm stuck in the mission editor: I can't find the MIM-23 Hawk missile in the "MISSILE IN ZONE" condition. Was this missile forgotten?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

a small request would be the ability to set homebase in unit's panel, so that a flight will always RTN to a specified airbase, even if it was spawned mid-air...

good idea

(alternatively.. an AI a/c should just RTB to the airfield it launched from)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]