Mission Editor Features Request Wishlist

Grimes

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably been covered, but as a helo pilot I would just like to set an AI wingman (or 3 in a platoon) to take off from parking spot "correctly" and hover-taxi to runway then fly a "normal" departure. The only way to do this now is very dumb. I have to place waypoints at intermittent distances with a slightly increased altitude and speed at each point to take off at 10 to 15 degrees pitch? All of this just to make a normal departure operation with skids somewhat realistic and feasible in the mission editor?

Maybe I'm missing something, but a flight of 4 (3 AI and 1 client) helos should be able to take off via taxiways without glitching out the AI units.

The only thing I've been able to do is make AIs jump around the airport from 5' to 50' at each turning point like they are giving 100% collective for that point then instantly back down to normal. Anyone else have issues like this?

It would be nice, if the mission editor would have some hotkeys for e.g.:

• Switching from "Add waypoint" to "remove/modify-Waypoint"
  • Switching through the unit members
  • Switching all units
  • Moving with CTRL-Key the unit with all its waypoints. Except fixed ones.
  • The first click on a unit shouldnt move it.
  • Maybe UNDO?

I mean, just to make the mission Editor more handy and fast.

Regards

Vannipo

kindof big picture...

i would like for two sides to be able to plan their own missions - instead of a single mission builder, there needs to be a minimum of TWO mission builders

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]