Starforce probs

xylem

Oh my goodness. I've been pulling my hair out all morning trying to get lomac to work. I have been away from flight sims for about a year and just recently purchased a new hotas set up and got all my sims working, EXCEPT lomac. Bah.

Thanks for posting this steps, I'm about to follow them exactly because I have had the same issues as you with starforce and getting lomac/flaming cliffs to run.

Will update when done.

• 1 month later...
Route, you are a genius. I have flaming Cliffs up and running !!!!!!!!!

Just in case someone else may need help I've listed what I did, with your help:

Flaming Cliffs install on Win7

(with UAC off)

1. Install LOMAC & reboot.

2. Patch to V102 & reboot.

3. Run game.

4. Install Flaming Cliffs 1.1 & reboot. ('protect.dll' product version at this point is 3.04 and there is no GUI file).

5. Patch to v 112b. (product v is now 3.07 and "Protection System GUI app" file appears in directory).

6. Try to run game. Instead one gets an 'Activation/Protection System' window "need to install libraries..." [pic 01]. Click 'yes'; it installs, and requires reboot. [pic 02].

7. After reboot one gets the "driver incompatible" message [pic 03]. Disregard and

8. Install Starforce UpDate.

9. Reboot

10. Launch Flaming Cliffs.

I am very gratefull to 104th_Route who offered one more word of advice after I was ready to give up. Thanks Route.

And thanks to everybody who helped in this thread; I appreciate it. Hope to see you in the virtual skies....

I did like you say but when I try to install the libraries as mentioned in point6, I get a "you need admin rights to...." error. How do I deal with this?

When I check my acount it says I´m logged on as administrator.

please help.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit