guilty conscience

sweinhart3

I flew a particular campaign mission 3 times and got shot down every time. However I got kinda tired of flying 30minutes through the mountains to reach the target area and this mission was a flight of 4 ships. This last time myself and 1 wingman got shot down not long after arrival but I decided to wait and see what happened with the other 2 wingman being AI and not human. They took their sweet time after 20 minutes they picked off the rest of the target package and I got a mission complete. Now I feel guilty cause it felt like cheating but I dont like flying the long missions. Does anyone else do this? Cause if I didnt do all the work then I didnt really win right?

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

doesnt really matter.

this is not the "player is the hero" kind of game, but rather a simulation.

The mission target was accomplished. Doesnt matter that you died. Not that that is not a tragedy tho ! If you want to take the game seriously tho, you'd now have to quit playing it. *G*

This is a very accurate simulation... but... I think after you die you should only see a bright light and beckoning ethereal hands. Your virtual wife and babushkas should receive a modest insurance payment and your mistress Natasha should morn in black for one year and a day. Only then would the accuracy of Blackshark be complete. I would also argue that a bottle of virtual vodka in my ejection seatpan would be the thing to keep me warm on those long northern nights.

I like to pretend I'm this guy from Red Dawn while I fly. You can too I suppose.

500px-RedDawnStrelnikovJatimatic_02.jpg

I don't think it's neculturny to allow your comrades to avenge you and complete the mission.

Do svidanya,

сильный вред (StrongHarm from Ohio)

Notice: No Russian people were offended in the making of this post.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

This is a very accurate simulation... but... I think after you die you should only see a bright light and beckoning ethereal hands.

Bah, I'm too busy already, don't go piling up more jobs on me! :P

it is entirely possible the "virtual wife" and everything is indeed modeled in the simulation. you just never see her.

Aye, seems realistic enough to me. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester