Editor Issues

SierraNovember

I've been playing DCS over LAN with my friend for a while now, and the default MP missions have been overplayed.

I've opened the editor to try and edit some of the default missions to be multiplayer, but when I open the settings for the player unit, only the lead unit (set on "player" for the SP mission) can be changed to client.

The wingman's "skill" drop down box only has skill levels for the AI, there is no option for "Client" or "Player".

Am I missing something? Is there some hidden setting deep in the editor for setting the mission type to co-op?

Any help would be appreciated.

1956572459_leadunitclient.jpg.7a458adcce01c8c2f9079206a28f2101.jpg

1697462133_wingmannoclient.jpg.41ebb7fc10c3dc76ba7e28a3faff311b.jpg

No, you are not missing anything. Due to some of the underlying architecture, to convert a four-ship single-player mission to a four-ship multiplayer mission you need to reduce the flight to a single-ship one, and then copy it to three identical ones. You then have four single-ship flights with identical parameters. (Though you can obviously change numbers and so on if you want.) Note that in some cases you might need to tweak triggers as well.

Players will then be able to set up identity tags for datalinks once the mission is running.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Unfortunately, I think you have to set WP's and so on manually. I haven't done such a conversion myself though, so I might have overlooked a trick. But as far as I know it has to be done manually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've found that there is no "copy function" that is readily apparent, but i rather saved it as a template and reloaded it. This was the same as putting in a new aircraft, so i resorted to that.

As I am too lazy to reprogram the ABRIS, I've just practised my formation flying instead, relying on the one working abris in the flight.

Thanks for your help

You have to add the waypoints for the new Ka-50 simple by click in the editor.

You don't have to enter the waypoints into the ABRIS in the cockpit.

The marked areas (if existing) in the ABRIS will be transfered to all Ka-50 you add to the missions. So if there is a mark you will see the mark also in the ABRIS of the new Ka-50.

So the only thing you have to do is:

- Delete the A.I. Ka-50

- Add new Ka-50 and set to client

- Add the waypoints by click on the map (editor)

- Add a payload and a skin to the new Ka-50

That's it.

If you want to copy something you have to add a template. I don't use this function so I don't know if the route will be copyed also.