How to create a start up procedure practice mission?

pengjn

Hi all,

Sorry for being a total noob but I want to practice cold and dark start ups. However, I am struggling with the Mission Editor. I just want to have a mission I can load that had the chopper at a base with everything switched off but I can't figure out for the life of me how! Help!

:doh:

Cheers,

Jimbo

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Complete noob .:doh:

Open the Mission Editor and Click on the Helo Icon on the Left. Find an Airbase and Click over the Runway - You will see the Helo Icon appear in Yellow as well as a Menu open on the Right side of the screen.

From the Right menu, ensure you select 'Player' from the Skill Tab and 'Takeoff from Ramp' from the Type Tab to ensure a Cold-Start. Hit the 'Fly' Icon, Save the Mission and you're Good to Go :)

Scr_10-01-17_19-51-35.png

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So simple when you know how!! Thanks SOOO much. I was getting frustrated. Now I just need to learn how to start it up, fly it, and then I guess how to shoot things but...one step at a time =)

Thanks again!

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

That is hilarious - lol! =) I'm having a little trouble with keeping the accuracy of my Track IR 4 and Proclip (i think that is the problem) - when i'm trying to push buttons in the cockpit it's almost impossible to keep the crosshair still over the button. Am I doing something wrong? Also, how do you zoom in so quickly on gauges and controls? Is that just by moving your head with TrackIR?

That is hilarious - lol! =) I'm having a little trouble with keeping the accuracy of my Track IR 4 and Proclip (i think that is the problem) - when i'm trying to push buttons in the cockpit it's almost impossible to keep the crosshair still over the button. Am I doing something wrong? Also, how do you zoom in so quickly on gauges and controls? Is that just by moving your head with TrackIR?

I have the slider on my X52 throttle set to control the zoom. The default zoom control is the scroll wheel, I believe.

I don't use TrackIR, I use FreeTrack. In FreeTrack there are smoothness sliders which removes a lot of the shakiness at the expense of response time. This helps to keep the camera steady enough to select switches with my mouse. If you want to try FreeTrack instead of the NaturalPoint software, you'll have to find an older version of the program. In the latest version or two they had to remove support for the TrackIR camera because NatrualPoint got all angry about it. I'm sure you won't have to, though. I can't imagine why the TrackIR software wouldn't include such an option as Freetrack's smoothness.

Edited by Waldo_II

I have the slider on my X52 throttle set to control the zoom. The default zoom control is the scroll wheel, I believe.

I don't use TrackIR, I use FreeTrack. In FreeTrack there are smoothness sliders which removes a lot of the shakiness at the expense of response time. This helps to keep the camera steady enough to select switches with my mouse. If you want to try FreeTrack instead of the NaturalPoint software, you'll have to find an older version of the program. In the latest version or two they had to remove support for the TrackIR camera because NatrualPoint got all angry about it. I'm sure you won't have to, though. I can't imagine why the TrackIR software wouldn't include such an option as Freetrack's smoothness.

OK - I'll have a play with the TrackIR settings. It worked just fine with the old version of software but I upgraded to v5 and now it seems shaky. Once I've got that sorted then I can start learning proper.

My first full start up went really nicely - right up until 30 seconds after i got off the ground and then i accidentally switched off all the autopilots and just a moment later there were lots and lots of little bits of ka50 spread across the airfield. oops

THE biggest reason to spend the money on TrackIR instead of Freetrack is the software that comes with it. It's so configurable you can make the precision tighter only when you look at the cockpit consoles... play with it some you won't regret it.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Hi all,

Sorry for being a total noob but I want to practice cold and dark start ups. However, I am struggling with the Mission Editor. I just want to have a mission I can load that had the chopper at a base with everything switched off but I can't figure out for the life of me how! Help!

:doh:

Cheers,

Jimbo

Check out my TRAININGPACK:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46354

That's why I made it.

THE biggest reason to spend the money on TrackIR instead of Freetrack is the software that comes with it. It's so configurable you can make the precision tighter only when you look at the cockpit consoles... play with it some you won't regret it.

How do you set it up so that you get more precision when you look at cockpit panels?!?

:huh: Freetrack software has custom center control (not just vanilla center), individual axis hotkeys and scalable sensitivity when zooming, which TrackIR software does not have...

If you leave the waypoint type as the default, with you in the air, and you set the altitude to 3000 or whatever, you can learn the start-up procedure my way, which is definitely more hardcore.

j99-kO1N_3A

You should do it from 1000-1500 meters ;) that's hardcore