STALKER, not flying but really really fun!

Ramstein

3 different STALKER versions have been released:

1)Clear Sky

2)Chernobyl

3)Call Of Pripyat

I have only played offline, but would be great if I could play online if I had some friends with it..

I am currently playing Call Off Pripyat

:thumbup:

http://www.stalker-game.com/

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&offset=480

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I've been playing the first stalk (Shadow of Chernobyl) for a few years. I still see new things from time to time. I love how the world feels alive and every time you enter any area, even if you have beent there twenty times, you still feel a bit catious. There may be a group of bandits, dogs, bloodsuckers, or just a friendly group of fellow stalkers waiting. You never really know.

Also check this mod out for a lot more gaming goodness.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/super-mod-pack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Stalker games are great, well apart from all the bugs and glitches that is, but I still feel that they are worth playing even though you'll run into quite a few bugs from time to time. Havent played "Call of Pripyat" yet though, how is that compared to the previous two games?

Call of Pripyat is not out yeat. It's in develpoment still and is DX11 only. So, you will have to be on Win7 when it comes out and buy a new DX11 card. As of right now, I think only ATI has them.

No offense, but please don't post things that you obviously have very limited knowledge of. Does CoP support DX11, yes it does, but it's still very much playable on DX9. I should know, I've played through it last November and I'm on XP. Yes, the game has been out on the german (Austria, Germany, Switzerland) market since then.

I found the game to be very good and contrary to the two previous titles I did not stumble upon any bugs whatsoever, I could play through the game flawlessly. Overall I would say that for me Shadow of Chernobyl still takes the crown, but if you liked that you really can't go wrong with Call of Pripyat.

It takes me a long time to get through different parts and levels. The sim is always challenging for me. But I really really enjoy it. I go back and try lots of different moves and taskts/jobs to get the tasks complete. I get scared every time I go anywhere because it so so unpredictable. It does not matter how many times I have played I am always getting my arse kicked and get scared as I go everywhere. I miss many opportunities because I am just not as clever as the kiddies are when I play the game.

I do have to searcht he Stalkerforums for tips and help often to help me complete most tasks. This sim is very challenging and great fun. The story line is based on true events yet has a large mix of sci-fi which really knocks my socks off..

I just now entered Pripyat. Sometimes I find myself on an all-nighter wasting my life away fighting zombies and looking for stuff and trying to win against impossible odds.

Since they released the Chernobyl before Clear Sky, in the revered order of events' it really didn't matter. But, I suppose had they released Clear Sky first I would have played that first.

As far as comparrison, It is like the others, but diffrent tasks, different areas, more surpises, but until I go further, I cannot comment much more. It is still a hoot.

Too much fun!

:megalol:

and it plays great on WinXP.

I have a DX10 card but WinXP is DX-9

I really want to upgrade soon, when finanaces allow.

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

No offense, but please don't post things that you obviously have very limited knowledge of. Does CoP support DX11, yes it does, but it's still very much playable on DX9. I should know, I've played through it last November and I'm on XP. Yes, the game has been out on the german (Austria, Germany, Switzerland) market since then.

I found the game to be very good and contrary to the two previous titles I did not stumble upon any bugs whatsoever, I could play through the game flawlessly. Overall I would say that for me Shadow of Chernobyl still takes the crown, but if you liked that you really can't go wrong with Call of Pripyat.

Well, according to the info given in the US it's DX11 only and not out yet. I've been waiting for a realease date......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you can get an International version from Europe..

you just have to get it here...

either have someone bring it to you or pay shipping..

(it's nice to have friends..) :thumbup:

http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=13216

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

QFT!

The only Game that succeeded to Scare the Livin' Crap outta me one Day......Got caught in the Garbage one Night in a Thunderstorm with a Snork IIRC - Back in SOC.

Gotta get Pripyat to complete the Collection though :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and System Shock are the only to games that have scared me and I will never play them at night.... that and HL2 ravenhome level < 2 months to complete that level...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Lots of love for stalker!

I played whatever the first one was that came out (after, what? 100 years development) and found it to be buggy as shit as well as frustrating (like firing weapons point blank and somehow ALWAYS missing).

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Lots of love for stalker!

I played whatever the first one was that came out (after, what? 100 years development) and found it to be buggy as shit as well as frustrating (like firing weapons point blank and somehow ALWAYS missing).

Same here. I have been waiting a lot for this title. Loved the atmosphere - but bugs and issues threw me away after few hours of playing it. I have tried to return to it three times, but always the game failed on me and threw me away after few hours.

I hope METRO 2033 will be much better title. Post nuclear fiction is still way cooler - welcome to Russian nuclear winter :D

Metro2033_wiki.jpg

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I never had the problems of many bugs.. it's not perect, but far from a bugfest..

but, i usually get mine after they fix most bugs..

this time around they just made it less buggy,,,

IMHO

:smilewink:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

GSC is my favorite developer as is Valve and ED.

GSC tried to create an AI engine first and my opinion is that is what is missing in PC gaming and that is were PC gaming has to be improved and not Physx(crap). That is what will make PC gaming strong. They tried to innovate and take risks, they create an immersive atmosphere. I really can't wait of what they will develop in the future.

With CoP they improve in a lot of things. Better AI, improve gun ballistics (bullets don't hit a wall any more, they fall to the ground naturally), imersive awesome quest system with choices and consequences, optimizations for better performance.... and a lot more...

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I must agree, both SoC and CS are great Stalker games, I also played Priboi story mod of SoC and really liked it...

Still have SoC installed and from time to time I run it. However, you really must be "in the game" during the time you play it and not like me these days (once per week, occasionaly) as I often forget where my stashes are and my tasks and ideas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Definitely looking forward to COP here in the U.S. Still gotta beat Clear Sky though. Great game. And I'm glad I finally have the computer to run it on full graphics. =D

Also, COP, and every STALKER game, is DX8+. ;) That's something I love about GSC, is they make the game to run on both very very low end systems, and the best systems out there.

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

never really been into these titles .zombie monster shooting.

...just my opinion.

there are only, what two areas in the game you come across zombies. The Most of the fighting is with other Stalkers or a handful of monsters. But I would say 80% is against the stalkers. And some of that fighting can be really intense. They will flank and use cover and can quit easily kill you with a good burst of fire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Call of Pripyat" lying on my desk - fantasting feeling :) And at the right moment, after like a week of struggle with a certain Black Shark mission ;) It's time to get down and personal for a while :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Death-17

Any yahoo can fly fixed, it takes skill to fly rotor.