Slaving ARK-22 to R-800

26-J39

Hello All,

According to the manual:

The ARK-22 ADF can also be slaved to the R-800L1 VHF radio. In this case, the RMI needle on the HSI is directed toward the transmitter on the frequency currently selected for the R-800L1 radio. For example, the flight leader can maintain bearing to his wingman when the wingman is transmitting a radio call.

My question is how do you transmit the radio signal? I can't figure out how this works. I have set up 2 x helo on a LAN, both had the ARK-22 slaved to the R-800, same freq but the RMI needle don't move.. :huh: Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

It works with the ingame comm menue, give a command to your AI Wingman and when he give an answere, the needle will move!

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i7-5820K 3,3GHz

Motherboard: ASUS X99-A

Grafik Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX1080 Ti 337.50

RAM: 32GB

PIMAX 5k+ BE

Hotas Warthog with Simped Pedals

WIN 10 64bit

DirctX 11.0

I tried that yesterday evening in MP. I slaved the R-800 to the ADF and I asked another pilot to drop a landing request on a certain frequency. No success.

Perhaps you have to send a message to your wingman, or to the whole squadron to get it working.

I will try that this evening.

DCS Rafale - please :thumbup:

Make sure the other player has his datalink and self-id stuff set up correctly. That might be required - though I've never actually tried that feature online.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Make sure the other player has his datalink and self-id stuff set up correctly. That might be required - though I've never actually tried that feature online.

Yup, had one helo on ID#1 Com & the other on ID#2 wing.. no difference.. :cry:

Ah!! just had a brainwave..:smartass: Maybe sending a DL to one flight member will spark up the RMI..!? Will test... :)

In principle, the dl id# should be completely irrelevent, and further it should be completely irrelevant whether you're transmitting a message to the tower, or to a wingman, or to outer space. The only thing that matters is that you're broadcasting radiowaves at the frequency that the RMI is tuned to. Since, as takamba found, talking with the tower doesn't affect the RMI, I'm guessing that the radio transmissions of fellow Ka-50 pilots are not transmitted over multiplayer. Makes sense, since you can't hear other people talking to ground control even when they're on the same frequency. I'm guessing this was cut in order to save bandwidth for more critical data...