Realistic Moon Mod V2

TekaTeka

This mod is LoMan2.1 compatible and can be installed over LockOn 1.1 or 1.02.

You can download it from this link.

Realistic Moon Mod V2 download

It will do 2 things.

1.Replace the moon textures by photorealistic ones.

beforeafter2dv.jpg

2.Replace \Config\world\world.lua.(1.1 only)

The mission date will be changed from 6/22/2004 to 6/22/2005

The moon phase of the 'Day 1' will be full moon by this, but there will be no change of sunrise nor sunset.

The texture resolutions was doubled, so you will see much sharper image.

I took a couple of screenshots.

moonsample19bb.th.jpgmoonsample29bs.th.jpg

The first one was taken at 20:30 Day 1, and the second one was taken at 04:00 Day 9.

Enjoy!

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

lol! the original moon actually looks like the far side of the moon and u r putting the real near side mod :D . lol! ED!

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Nice one Teka! Like Goya, I've been using your Realistic Moon since you released it...

What I want next from someone in the community is brighter red warning lights on masts and chimneys if only someone can figure out how to do it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Fantastic work, Teka! Your mods are appreciated and enjoyed! The difference from the default to this is mind-blowing. Keep up your good work.

BTW, this goes for all downloads off of lomacfiles.com, but there is no way to Right Click and SAVE the file as a .zip file to your Hardrive. You must actually download and unzip it. Therefore, I cant use LOMAN to install this, Any ideas on how to actually save it to your HD? Im sure im missing something...nobody has ever brought this up before.

KuostASigcopy.png

no, if you hit the download now button at the site, it will automatically download it and open up winzip. You cant right click on the Download now button to Save it as a .zip for use with loman. Mabey it IS just me, but This is the same with all your files on the site.

Anyway, I just downloaded it, and used winzip to zip it up again. No biggie, but can be quite tedious at times..

KuostASigcopy.png

When the contents of the zip file appear, click the arrow to move up one level, then you should see the zip file listed. Right click it and move it to your Loman addon folder.

TekaTeka, I just installed and noticed it doesn't install into CDDS anymore. Will the old lower resolution mod work in 1.1? I try to avoid putting files into my temptexture folder because they use more resources than mods that install into CDDS.

TekaTeka, I just installed and noticed it doesn't install into CDDS anymore. Will the old lower resolution mod work in 1.1? I try to avoid putting files into my temptexture folder because they use more resources than mods that install into CDDS.

Yes, the old mod will work in 1.1.

But if you put the textures into CDDS, you will see some degradation of the image quality.

See this picture. Right one is DDS compressed by LoMan.

comparison1hj.png

If you want to make the 'Day 1' full moon day, edit \Config\world\world.lua like this.

MissionDate = { Year = 2005, Month = 6, Day = 22 }

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok, went fiddling around and found out I DO get the window asking me to either save or just open, but only when it is a .rar file. If it is a .zip file, then When I click the link, it will automatically download, which makes me HAVE to unzip it. Is there a way to set it in the winzip options to automatically ask me that just like my winrar does?

Truly, Truly sorry for almost taking over the thread 'bout this!

KuostASigcopy.png

ok, went fiddling around and found out I DO get the window asking me to either save or just open, but only when it is a .rar file. If it is a .zip file, then When I click the link, it will automatically download, which makes me HAVE to unzip it. Is there a way to set it in the winzip options to automatically ask me that just like my winrar does?

Truly, Truly sorry for almost taking over the thread 'bout this!

KuostA, Isn't this your problem (and the solution)?

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/windowsxp/articles/330/1/Confirm-open-after-download

• Like 1

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SWEET! Perfect, thats EXACTLY what I was looking for. I dont believe microsoft made it so difficult just to change this setting. Once you uncheck it, you basically are done for until you meet someone who has searched deep into it like he did.

-Thanks alot Tek; for this MOD, and for the internet help. :)

KuostASigcopy.png

• 1 year later...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No problem! 169th_Mustang lives only a couple of miles away. Least I can do is help out one of his squadmates....

One day I'll eventually get off my @rse and actually go visit him and meet him face to face - LOL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]