A few questions from a new user

XarBat

1. I switched all 9 modifiers to activators. If I switch an activator to on, would buttons that do not use that activator still be useable (for example; if I switch RWin to on, and have nothing assigned to RWin+P, and then pressed P, would what I assigned to P still happen)?

I have a joystick for each hand and my goal is to use the hats on both joysticks to switch between Cyclic, GUI cursor, and "Absolute" Shkval control for each stick. But there is no option to assign the GUI cursor in the menus.

2. I have a Phenom II X4 940 and when I opened autoexec.cfg; this is what it contained:

affinity_mask = 0

--[[

For 3-cores CPU (AMD Phenom):

affinity_mask = 0 = 000 - all cores

affinity_mask = 1 = 001 - 0 core

affinity_mask = 2 = 010 - 1 core

affinity_mask = 3 = 011 - 0, 1 cores

affinity_mask = 4 = 100 - 2 core

affinity_mask = 5 = 101 - 0, 2 cores

affinity_mask = 6 = 110 - 1, 2 cores

affinity_mask = 7 = 111 - 0, 1, 2 cores

--]]

Why am I not getting the list for a 4 core CPU? I am using Windows XP Pro 64

Edited by XarBat

1) for your first question, no.... if you have a modifier, and it is activated, then any subsequent keypresses would be "modifier + keypress"...

2) might need to update the OS / chipset drivers to recognise the newer UID code for a newer CPU ? ... doubtlessly there will be a Phenom II X4 "driver" update for x64..

That is a string of text that windows identifies by polling the device directly ... does not necassarily imply the OS knows how to deal with it...I still suggest you look for updated OS "drivers" (they aren't really drivers!) for the CPU and chipset ..... windows needs to know how to properly categorize the processor.

Good luck!

the same existed on my QX9650/DX48BT2 (fully updated WIndows7 64bit) system...

the default affinity_mask = 0 selects all four cores to run

= 1 selects core 0 only to run the sim

= 2 selects core 1 only to run the sim

etc

etc

I created a line for my Qcore to run on cores 1, 2 and 3 (leaving core 0 for the operating system) and all seemed to go as expected... better in fact.

eg

affinity_mask = 14

affinity_mask = 14 = 1110 - 1, 2, 3 cores

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

like this...

affinity_mask = 14

--[[

For 3-cores CPU (AMD Phenom):

affinity_mask = 0 = 000 - all cores

affinity_mask = 1 = 001 - 0 core

affinity_mask = 2 = 010 - 1 core

affinity_mask = 3 = 011 - 0, 1 cores

affinity_mask = 4 = 100 - 2 core

affinity_mask = 5 = 101 - 0, 2 cores

affinity_mask = 6 = 110 - 1, 2 cores

affinity_mask = 7 = 111 - 0, 1, 2 cores

affinity_mask = 14 = 1110 - 1, 2, 3 cores

--]]

Task Manager/ Processes/ DCS.exe/ Set Affinity, reflects the alteration with All Processors and Core 0 both unticked

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Did the same thing, also set all processes running in the background to core 0 just to be sure. Although it will make a lot less difference for me since even with all the periphial software, as well as other things my memory useage is below 400MB when no applications are running.

Edited by XarBat

• 3 months later...