can you get bs running like lockon fc? is that so hard?

sage0030

:pilotfly:?

I think no, but if you tell me the TechFacts of your machine ....there might be a little hope left

schnarre

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

;827677']I think no, but if you tell me the TechFacts of your machine ....there might be a little hope left

schnarre

well I seem to get better performance in 1.0. after I patch it the game seems to calculate more or somthing its wierd,

I get more stutter after I patch it to latest patch, I really want to hear what you have to say about that. lol

just admit this sim has horible programming,

phenom 2x4 955 oc@ 3.7

8 gig corsair

2x4890 crossfire

X-Fi XtremeGamer sc

Edited by sage0030
  • Like 1

well I seem to get better performance in 1.0. after I patch it the game seems to calculate more or somthing its wierd,

I get more stutter after I patch it to latest patch, I really want to hear what you have to say about that. lol

phenom 2x4 955 oc@ 3.7

8 gig corsair

2x4890 crossfire

X-Fi XtremeGamer sc

You could try setting the Affinity of DCS.exe to one core in Task manager, may help, may not, but that is a major change between the original and the patch. Other than that v1.01 should be the same as v1.00 if not better. Also check for background programs that may be interfering with DCS.

A way to check stutter is to have a plane fly out over the sea, go to F2 view and look straight down, the movement of the water below the plane should be as smooth as silk, unless, another program is interfering.

In my case it was a Dockbar that used to interfere with DCS, as really strange problem that took me ages to figure out.

Nate

sage, have you run an FPS analysis to make sure that you're not suffering from the phenomenon known as confirmation bias? Basically, run identical tests (a few times) on both versions while an application logs your FPS and see if there really are more stutters and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It is true that Blackshark, no matter patched or not, runs like **** (excuse me) compared with LockOn FC.......and LockOn FC only uses one core :huh:......I really hope that FC 2.0 runs as good as FC 1.12.

Another thing, this is OT though, the netcode in BS also seems not as good as in LockOn FC......

But owell, when LockOn came out it was almost impossible to play. And I have to admid, I love ED anyway. :D

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another one with AHCI-disabled complaining about crappy software-programming? If you search this forum, there are numerous threads of people who claim that BS doesn't run really good on their machine. If you follow them, it turns out, most of the time it's either a setup-problem or simply a weak PC. As the second point is ruled out in this example, my guess is on your setup.

However, as posted above, we cannot help you if you just keep venting. You could run a DXDiag and post it here, as a good start, check BIOS or hardware-settings of your controller and HDD, wether AHCI is enabled, or even more simple, by mentioning what OS you use at all.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Another one with AHCI-disabled complaining about crappy software-programming? If you search this forum, there are numerous threads of people who claim that BS doesn't run really good on their machine. If you follow them, it turns out, most of the time it's either a setup-problem or simply a weak PC. As the second point is ruled out in this example, my guess is on your setup.

However, as posted above, we cannot help you if you just keep venting. You could run a DXDiag and post it here, as a good start, check BIOS or hardware-settings of your controller and HDD, wether AHCI is enabled, or even more simple, by mentioning what OS you use at all.

. I hope this is worth it.

DxDiag.txt

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I seem to get much worse performance when I'm sitting at an airfield. Once I take off and gain some altitude, it's smooth sailing. Why is that?

This is with water set to high, by the way. At normal, it's generally always smooth.

sage0030 What would ou AVG FPS be. I have read thrue the whole thread and am wondering what you consider bad performance. With the PC you have you shuld be gitting well over 60FPS If that dosent make you happy this I don't think any thing will. I am ox XP 32bit home running at 3.7 right now and gitting 30-50 FPS and am happy with it. I know with Win7 64bit I get over 60 FPS with out a problem and I have a lesser system than you. As you have noted already DCS has more demanding requirments of the CPU and will never run like FC. It is the price we pay for a better SIM.

If you keep in mind as the sim's advance the requirement of the hard wair will as well. look back at when F 4.0 came out. there was hardly a system that culd run it on full settings. but look at it now still alive and kicking with updated programing and we have PC's that can run it with no problem at full setings. In a year or two DCS will be very old school in its graphics as it is behind now. But it works for what they are going for. ED has created a SIM that will last for years. I will most likly always have DCS sim's on my PC for a long time comming. I for 1 do not like LO or FC but that is just me and show's the diffrence in how we all look at the sim's we play.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I have:

Intel C2D E8400 (3.6Ghz)

4G DDR2 800mhz

Radeon 5770 CuCore 1G

24" asus TFT

Win7

Black Shark runs great, all maxed out (water normal), 4xAA 16xAF about 30-50fps (max fps setting in use)

No stutter, smooth as silk

Runs much better than lock on btw.... :thumbup:

ps. ed, please fix the winmen ai (hold command) :joystick:

-haukka

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use nVidia products myself (clears throat) but it seems you need to update to the 9.10 drivers (NOT 9.12)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49154&highlight=ati+drivers

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Driver Version: 8.690.0.0

I personally ripped my CL XFI Soundcard out and started using the onboard sound. I hear very little difference in most games and I use much less aspirin.

Try some of these tweaks. The most important one probably is water=1:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=813902#post813902

Obey the Panzertard

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44466

Clean house with

http://iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html?Str=download

Close background services and apps with

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Are you serious with this? You could go fly that other company's helo sim. You know, the other company that spent so much time and effort to create a sim that wasn't just a video game that went pew pew? There isn't one? No one else wanted the loss of revenue or abuse by ungrateful users who bitch because they don't want to take the time to read the manual, learn to fly properly, or tweak their system to pass the envelope of performance to accommodate a real simulator? (Sniff) how 'horible'!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=824908#post824908

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I seem to get much worse performance when I'm sitting at an airfield. Once I take off and gain some altitude, it's smooth sailing. Why is that?

This is with water set to high, by the way. At normal, it's generally always smooth.

Water set to high is a bit much. I recommend you set it to normal for best results even on a fast system. The water is rendered beneath all terrain. So there is a considerable FPS cost when it is set to high. The visual difference between water High and water normal is not worth the performace cost. IMHO visib rng should be set to medium or low as well. Both of these settings will help to boost performance with little impact on the visuals.

Out

I guess that has several reasons. One is, that the terrain is loaded in the beginning, which is in most of the cases the reasons for stutters. Accessing the HDD is still a weak point on most systems.

It also might have to do something with the angle of view, as from this point, the number of staggered, perhaps overlapping objects is maxed out. As soon as you take off, the situation relaxes.

Just ideas, though.

@ IP:

Have you disabled Catalyst AI? There's also some great posts on this forum, how to set up Crossfire to maximum efficiency. Maybe they are worth a read? I didn't find any other big problem in your DXdiag (though it states it's 32bit on a 64bit system, but that's probably just the wrong .exe started?)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Are you serious with this?

I'd have repped you if I could - you've got too much of a habit in making rep-worthy posts that our anti-rep-spam feature blocks me. :P

But yeah, I'm continually amazed at people with no coding experience and limited computer knowledge (sage and I have history ;) ) can make insulting statements with absolute certainty in areas of technology that they don't have any mastery in.

On the whole note of crappy (I take that to mean inefficient) programming, I'd ask Sage how come systems that are much weaker in components get so good performance...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The more complex the simulator, the more demanding of a system, and the more prone to holes in logic. There's no hole in that logic.

Ahh the good old days when simulator enthusiasts were also system enthusiasts!

STNGDataWindowsCrash.gif

Edited by StrongHarm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm